Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions.
based on recent experience this week i share the same concern as drktrpr1 regarding fluctuating TIVs. amazon's TIV for GTA Eps from LC dropped a $1 in a span of 3 days of my tracking. i don’t think a user/moderator system is the ideal way of approving TIVs as a possible backlog building up around price drops, sales, and TIV deals could outdate values before their reviewed. seeing how the deals forum is reliable through user policing, i think removing the moderator approval before logging TIVs would work too.
1) Soon, Amazon trade-in value data will be automatically pulled and user submissions won't be necessary.
2) Unapproved submissions still appear when you search for TIVs, they are just marked as "Unconfirmed". Currently, they don't appear in the latest submissions area, but I'm sure we can easily change that and just mark them as "Unconfirmed" too.
IT would be nice when you search for a game that it shows the TIV from all the retailers instead of just one.
Like i would just type in Bayonetta and the TIV for Amazon,Blockbuster,gamecrazy,gamestop would come up instead of having to choose each seperate one from the dropdown menu.
but overall great job.
We will soon be adding total pricing data (used/new/tivs) to the system, much like you see on a individual game's page.
This is what has been missing. Hopefully the integration keeps on ramping up so that it is easier to use this vs going to a forum thread.
Currently it is a matter of three clicks to get the information I want:
CAG Forums > Subscriptions > Trade-In Thread
Find a way to make it easier/faster than that and I am hooked.
1) Type game name into main CAG search bar
2) Click on game name
3) Look at all pricing data
This is going to be an often used feature only if you can add in the following things:
1. Actual date of trade-in quote (in addition to how many hours/days ago)
2. An easy link in the top search toolbar
3. An "ALL" function so you can see all the trade-in values (+Goozex?) as opposed to a single store (it currently takes four+ searches to find this information)
4. A simple or incentive-based way to upload trade-in values, or have a moderator be responsible for this?
Why is the date better than x days ago?
See above for #2 and 3
It's not simple now? You can enter in TIVs very fast with the current system. I'm not sure how it could be faster. The problem with offering incentives is that you risk enticing people who really don't care about providing real data, they just want the incentive.