The MLB.TV app is being updated with some new features:
Jeff Rubenstein shows off some of the new interface improvements and mentions something not in the post above, which is that you can also track individual players to see how they're doing throughout the season. The updated app will be in the store tonight or you can just launch it to patch the app if you've already downloaded it.
Some of the new 2011 upgrades include:
- Highest Quality HD Streaming – Speed detection technology gives users ultra-HQ video access (NexDef 4.5 mbps) depending on available bandwidth.
- Enhanced Audio – In-game alternate audio selection allows users to overlay the home or away team’s broadcasters over the live video or use the “Park” option to include the ballpark’s natural sounds.
- Quick-Access Stats – View player cards with full career stats, league leaders, and in-game stats including AB, R, H, RBI, K, BB, SO, LOB, AVG, HR, SB.
- Event Navigation – Select in-game event types, such as home runs, hits or stolen bases, to show on a progression timeline and jump directly to the at bat where they happened.
- Improved User Interface – User-friendly design makes it even easier to browse.
Seems like a good way to extend the subscription for those that paid the hefty price for it. It's not on the PS Store yet since it'll probably come with the rest of the update today.
Hi Everyone – I’m excited to show everyone the new MLB.TV application for the PS3 that will be available from PlayStation Network, in both U.S. and Canada, later today. This app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD (local blackout restrictions do apply), with tons of new interactive features designed exclusively for PSN.
Demonstration video: http://www.viddler.c...deos/916/63.833
Some of the unique interactive features that we show in the demo include:
* MLB Scoreboard – See a schedule of today’s games (and set options to control whether or not you see the scores)
* Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed
* HD quality video and DVR functionality – watch a live game in HD (with Live Game DVR functionality that lets you pause and rewind live games of fast-forward back to live game action)
* Season Archive – Want to re-live a great moment? Go back and watch games you’ve missed from earlier in the season.
* Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
* Favorite Teams/Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2010 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or designate your favorite team(s) to see the schedule for that team.
You can now download the app from the “Media” category on PlayStation Store, and launch it from the Video section of the XMB.
You must be an MLB.TV subscriber to fully utilize this app (some features, such as the calendar schedule, are available to everyone for free). There are two annual packages: MLB.TV is $99.95 and MLB.TV Premium is $119.95. If you aren’t already a MLB.TV subscriber. The site to sign up will go live later today. Once you’ve subscribed, link your MLB.TV subscription to a PS3 (via the app), and enjoy the season!
This is truly the ultimate baseball viewing experience from MLB.TV and PlayStation Network. Enjoy!
Edited by FriskyTanuki, 29 March 2011 - 08:26 PM.