- - - - -

Alpha Protocol $44.99 , Prince of Persia $39.99 at Kmart - KmartGamer.com

#1 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

Sneak Peak:

I've received a surprising amount of requests for what my offer will be on Alpha Protocol. I confirmed that I would release it today and of course I'm running later than I want. I need to hire a blogger!!!

Similar to when we released Just Cause 2, Alpha Protocol (360/PS3) will be $44.99 for release week.

I will also be discounting Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360/PS3) to $39.99 beginning this Sunday.

I'll post when the blog on KmartGamer.com goes up. Help spread the word!!!

Deals are in-store only at the moment, if Alpha Protocol goes live for .com I'll update the thread.

#2 goMaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:26 AM

Sounds like a good deal! Thanks for the heads up. :)

#3 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:30 AM

So any preorder bonuses from you guys for AP?

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#4 knightsdwn   Beautiful Plastic CAGiversary!   3347 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:30 AM

Amazing deals! Keep up the great work SHC-Gamer!

#5 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:31 AM

So any preorder bonuses from you guys for AP?

No sir, just the discount.

#6 TeamUnderdog   It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal! CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

TeamUnderdog

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:33 AM

Good deals, just wish it had been ModNation instead =(

card.png
453976.png

#7 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12519 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:33 AM

Yeah sorry I kept asking but this has been one of my most anticpated games of the last 2 E3's. I will have to say the one review from a UK site and the fact that there's no reviews from any of the main US sites yet has me a bit worried, but Mass Effect lite set in modern times for $45 sounds like a good deal for me.

Thank you very much SHC.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#8 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:34 AM

Good deals, just wish it had been ModNation instead =(

Still workin' on that one :)

#9 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:35 AM

Yeah sorry I kept asking but this has been one of my most anticpated games of the last 2 E3's. I will have to say the one review from a UK site and the fact that there's no reviews from any of the main US sites yet has me a bit worried, but Mass Effect lite set in modern times for $45 sounds like a good deal for me.

Thank you very much SHC.

No bother at all!

I received an early copy last week and I'm not going to say it's Mass Effect quality but I am definitely enjoying it.

#10 reddjoey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3227 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:40 AM

thanks SHC
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#11 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12519 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Yeah I mean Mass Effect lite in that they try to style the conversation system like that and as long as the game is enjoyable without bugs that completely break the game, I'll be happy.

I always thought it looked like Mass Effect 1.5 ish and if it had come out last year, it would have been one of the best RPG's of the year next to Dragon Age. Now after ME 2, a DA expansion, and FF XIII, with Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3 coming in the fall, I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle as long as it's a decent game.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#12 kart007k   Snakeater CAGiversary!   1808 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

kart007k

kmart is becoming my new favorite store. Fuck Bestbuy
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#13 themidnighter23   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

themidnighter23

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

the only problem with K-Mart is finding someone to help me get a game. I can't stand my K-Mart
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#14 One4Deuce   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1540 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:49 AM

That price is looking better for Prince of Persia but I'm still waiting for $30 or less. What's the verdict on Alpha Protocol? I gotta do some research on that one. Thanks though SHC, keep up the good work!

#15 Sharkey1337   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Sharkey1337

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

Sweet, great price! I'm just waiting to hear some reviews on this as it seems like it could be either good or meh.

#16 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:51 AM

the only problem with K-Mart is finding someone to help me get a game. I can't stand my K-Mart

One day (maybe even a couple years from now), that will all be in the past. We'll all look back at this time as the birth of a gaming giant. Melodramatic.....yep...gonna happen...........yep.

#17 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   2636 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:53 AM

AP is rumored to be getting a 6.0 from Gamespot. Apparently someone saw the score and tagline earlier but it's gone now. Was looking forward to it but I'm not so sure now after some of the things I've been hearing....even at $44.99.

I'm interested in PoP but probably won't bite until it hits $30 or less. How about a deal on Blur or Modnation in the future? :D Thanks again for your efforts SHC.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:55 AM

AP is rumored to be getting a 6.0 from Gamespot. Apparently someone saw the score and tagline earlier but it's gone now. Was looking forward to it but I'm not so sure now after some of the things I've been hearing....even at $44.99.

I'm interested in PoP but probably won't bite until it hits $30 or less. How about a deal on Blur or Modnation in the future? :D Thanks again for your efforts SHC.

I'll probably have something with Blur pretty soon.

#19 lobito72   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

lobito72

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:55 AM

I don't suppose the Wii version of PoP:FS will be $39.99 also? Either way thanks for the heads up on the deals. The SMG 2 deal was great, too bad I read the post after I had already ordered from Walmart. You keep those Wii deals coming and I will start shopping at Kmart SHC! Thanks

#20 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:56 AM

From what I've played so far; I'm really enjoying it, but I see it as a mid 70 on Metacritic

#21 burz88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:57 AM

One day (maybe even a couple years from now), that will all be in the past. We'll all look back at this time as the birth of a gaming giant. Melodramatic.....yep...gonna happen...........yep.

You're doing a great job SHC. Great deals. definitely picking this up from you guys. My local Kmart seems to be a lot better than I remember in the past. My parents and grandparents now do all there shopping there instead of walmart.

#22 Spooon69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:00 AM

I've really been looking forward to AP, ever since I was at their panel at PAX East. Really hope it isn't "meh" quality, ah well. They didn't go psycho on the DRM either, thought that was a bonus.

#23 callmewoof   Really, call me Woof CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:00 AM

SHC will this be (hopefully) limited per customer on the online shipping so that the entire inventory isn't bought up by resellers? :)
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#24 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:03 AM

SHC will this be (hopefully) limited per customer on the online shipping so that the entire inventory isn't bought up by resellers? :)

Yeah, that wasn't cool......

Right now I posted that they are instore only, but I am working on the online piece with Alpha Protocol.

#25 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35993 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:05 AM

From what I've played so far; I'm really enjoying it, but I see it as a mid 70 on Metacritic

I don't know. I was hoping it would be better. If I don't get it I'll grab PoP instead.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#26 callmewoof   Really, call me Woof CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:06 AM

oops didnt see the instore part but thanks for the response either way :) good deal kmart rules
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#27 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:08 AM

$45? Hell yeah, I was going to pay full price at Gamestop.. I'm all over this. Thanks a lot, SHC!

I've waited for Alpha Protocol for a year.. reviews be damned, I want it badly.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 tenn_volsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

tenn_volsfan

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:17 AM

I would love to be able to get these deals at an actual Kmart but there are none anywhere close to me. Luckily with Just Cause 2 I was able to price match at Best Buy; I expected them to say no since I'd have to drive quite a long way to reach a Kmart. Hopefully it works on AP also, but I'd prefer not to have to be giving BB my money. Anyone know why the Dallas area is devoid of Kmarts?

#29 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:20 AM

$45? Hell yeah, I was going to pay full price at Gamestop.. I'm all over this. Thanks a lot, SHC!

I've waited for Alpha Protocol for a year.. reviews be damned, I want it badly.

Same deal for me; most reviewers never read with the grain of the text first before they start tearing up the experience. Without understanding developer intent first they castigate it and talk right past the scope of the game.

Alpha is a good game; quality story, great dialogue system and cool game play. Not the greatest visuals and the gun play isn't perfect but it is definitely well done.

#30 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12519 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:30 AM

Same deal for me; most reviewers never read with the grain of the text first before they start tearing up the experience. Without understanding developer intent first they castigate it and talk right past the scope of the game.

Alpha is a good game; quality story, great dialogue system and cool game play. Not the greatest visuals and the gun play isn't perfect but it is definitely well done.

Your second paragraph is exactly what I want to hear. As Killbomb pointed out and I was referring to, if this came out last year it would be getting more looks and better reviews probably. But now instead of being compared to ME 1, it's going to be compared to ME 2 and Dragon Age, and it's not going to be as great a comparison. Also I've never always agreed with Gamespot's scores.

As long as the story, dialogue and game play are good, and the combat is passible, I'm going to enjoy my purchase.

743275.png