- - - - -

forum for mobile gaming?

#1 RAMSTORIA   fate is inexorable CAGiversary!   11980 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:57 AM

cheapy, do you think mobile gaming is big enough to get its own forum now? right now the only place to put them is "Old School & Other Gaming Systems" forum, but with the iphone/ipad, blackberries and android mobile gaming has taken off in a big way (hell even CAG is working on an app). especially with a lot of recent games that allow online play against 2 or more people. just an idea. maybe something like "Mobile Gaming & Mobile General Discussion" (like the PC forum).

Posted Image

#2 kilm   Beaten! CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

DS and PSP also count as mobile gaming, but I see what you mean.

I agree, there should be somewhere specific to talk about mobile free apps, cheap apps, useful non-gaming apps.

#3 RchrdJ   Gamingsurvival.com CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Somewhat related to this; could we also get an iPhone emoticon. When writing a blog, I'm able to put emoticons for all the major consoles, but not for iPhone.

#4 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

Somewhat related to this; could we also get an iPhone emoticon. When writing a blog, I'm able to put emoticons for all the major consoles, but not for iPhone.

Posted Image
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#5 kayatai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

I posted the same thing a few weeks ago and agree 100%

#6 gargus   Banned Banned   2231 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

Id say no, it should just be under general gaming. We have alot of damn forums already, especially when you count the fact if you click sony you have ps2/psp/ps3 sub forums inside that one and ones like that.

Since alot of mobile gaming is under psp/ds and we have forums for those under their specific manufacturers I dont see enough of a draw for a designated mobile gaming for phones.

#7 RAMSTORIA   fate is inexorable CAGiversary!   11980 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Id say no, it should just be under general gaming. We have alot of damn forums already, especially when you count the fact if you click sony you have ps2/psp/ps3 sub forums inside that one and ones like that.

Since alot of mobile gaming is under psp/ds and we have forums for those under their specific manufacturers I dont see enough of a draw for a designated mobile gaming for phones.

mobile =/= ds and psp. mobile is a term used for cell phones. cell phone gaming has become huge in the last year and is going to keep getting bigger and bigger. there are a lot of games that have over a million downloads, and quite a few that are multimillion sellers. these arent small numbers. hell i bet you there have been more 1.5 million sellers on the apple app store than there have been psp games.

we do have a lot of forums, but that doesnt mean there cant be more, maybe its time to retire a couple of them. if nothing else maybe a dedicated subforum under "Old School & Other Gaming Systems".

Posted Image