- - - - -

Uncharted 2 GOTY (ps3) $49.99, Modnation Racers NEW MSRP ps3 $39.99, psp $19.99

#1 PublikDefender  

PublikDefender

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

On October 12, 2010, copies of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will start hitting retailers all over North America. For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:

* PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
* UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
* UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack
* Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
* Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
* Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
* UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
* UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
* UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1
* UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 2
* UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
* UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
* Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for the PSP

http://blog.us.plays...2th/#more-37178

ModNation Racers (ps3) new msrp: $39.99
ModNation Racers (psp) new msrp: $19.99
http://blog.us.plays...-now-for-39-99/

I thought I'd pass this along if for no other reason than to inform people that they should hold off on any uncharted 2 purchases. Also, the regular Uncharted 2 was NOT added to the greatest hits collection this morning.

No great deals so far, but there are a few pre-order listings (msrp). Release date: 10/12/10
Gamestop
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=84486
Amazon
http://www.amazon.co...=dp_ob_title_vg

Edited by PublikDefender, 05 October 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#2 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1313 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

Crud, just when I was next in line on goozex for it. This shows up...

#3 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=274094

#4 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Obligatory MSRP is not a deal comment goes here.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5 PublikDefender  

PublikDefender

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

^ lol

if any mods want to delete this thread they are free to do so. if not, i'll be adding updated links to retail outlets as they become available for best deal comparisons.

#6 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2139 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

I just want the game to go to 19.99 i have some dlc from subway.

#7 Jaysonguy   Mr. Wonderful CAGiversary!   1386 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

Obligatory MSRP is not a deal comment goes here.

Well if you're going to take care of that I guess all I have to add is that the multiplayer for this game is close to dead and since 90% of this GOTY version is for multiplayer it's not that great of a deal since most of it will be useless.

I mean unless someone likes walking around by themselves online with different skins on lol

#8 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

I mean unless someone likes walking around by themselves online with different skins on lol

I put on my wizard robe and hat. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#9 PublikDefender  

PublikDefender

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

true. they waited waaayyy too long to release this.

#10 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

This may surprise some of you, but The GOTY will no doubt give a bump in sales for Uncharted and lead to more people playing in MP.

true. they waited waaayyy too long to release this.

When should they release a GOTY? Summer? Spring? Look at the history of GOTY releases. They almost always come out a year later.

#11 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

This may surprise some of you, but The GOTY will no doubt give a bump in sales for Uncharted and lead to more people playing in MP.

Yeah, and with everyone running around like a retard with the revenge booster I'm sure that'll last long. . .

It's almost as bad as grenade spam. In fact, didn't they increase the explosion radius at one point and then revert back?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#12 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3037 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Is there anything here for people who don't give a shit about MP or avatar items? Read: is there anything to add to the single player campaign?

#13 Penguin1084   The Disney Guy CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Penguin1084

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

absolutely love this game.

def deserving of a GOTY edition.

thanks for the info op!

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#14 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Is there anything here for people who don't give a shit about MP or avatar items? Read: is there anything to add to the single player campaign?

Nope.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#15 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago   Has been playing New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Wii U

Indiana Jones

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

Obligatory "they're screwing over the fans who bought this game when it first came out! How dare they re-release the game for cheaper with DLC they made us pay for one year later? They should've given out the DLC that didn't exist at the time for free to begin with!!!!!"

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#16 eau   KP-X 00-00-00-00-1 CAGiversary!   7301 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

I'm most interested in the super voucher since I already have the original version. Hopefully it will still be included in the subsequent reprints (unlike the COD MW GOTY).

The super voucher is as bad ass as the exclusive voucher in the coveted Fortune Hunter edition.

Obligatory "they're screwing over the fans who bought this game when it first came out! How dare they re-release the game for cheaper with DLC they made us pay for one year later? They should've given out the DLC that didn't exist at the time for free to begin with!!!!!"

Yeah. I lost count of the number of times early adopters got screwed over by better re-releases. It's a business and they all do this to boost sale. It happens all the time in movie business.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#17 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

Well if you're going to take care of that I guess all I have to add is that the multiplayer for this game is close to dead and since 90% of this GOTY version is for multiplayer it's not that great of a deal since most of it will be useless.

you should check your facts before you go spouting shit. mp for uncharted is pretty solid i should know i play the game every day and its my go to game for mp esecially deathmatch.

#18 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3037 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

Nope.

Didn't think so. Thanks.

#19 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

i dont think anyone is getting screwed over by this. im an early adopter to this series myself and ive bought almost all of the dlc( except for the shitty character packs) and ive had a blast playing. at least with this goty edition they waited a year or 2 before doing it weve all seen games get this treatment within the same year of release or more.

but with this continuing trend of goty editions i can see alot of people waiting for these kinds of deals in the future especially when they know a game will have alot of dlc.

#20 cRodz   Lead Chimp Ass CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

this is what a GOTY version should be like

#21 Havok83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1679 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

super voucher? Id have preferred it if all that stuff was on the disc
Posted Image

#22 cRodz   Lead Chimp Ass CAGiversary!   2366 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

i am quite happy.

#23 BargainGamer   Technology Collector CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

BargainGamer

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

Game of the year editions usually have much more content, only problem is the price. Its a well worth it though.

#24 FernandoRocker   Nintendo Fan CAGiversary!   678 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

FernandoRocker

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

Damn...

I know that what I'm going to say is not so CAG, but... my OCD doesn't allow me to buy Greatest Hits / Platinum Hits / Player's Choice / Game of the Year Editions...

I know this is a great deal, but I just can't... I need to have the first regular edition (or Collector's Edition if it has one).

I know... I'm lame...

#25 PublikDefender  

PublikDefender

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

@fernando rocker
yeah, but the packaging does change w/ each reissue. the original uncharted 2 didn't have all those 5 star reviews on the cover.

whoa, modnation racers just got a price drop: $40 for ps3, $19 for psp. might as well add it to the thread since they are related sony announcements.

#26 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   1983 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Really tempted by new price tag of ModNation PSP, but the steering was atrocious in the demo, and I heard that it was never fixed for the final release. Bummer.

#27 thedream77   Monster>Red Bull CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

thedream77

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

I'm more surprised by the fast drop to $39 for ModNation. I think that came out in May. I tried it, didn't like it. As mentioned many times, the racing just isn't that good. Any legitimate racing title kills it from a gameplay stanpoint. The creation stuff is cool, but not enough to keep me interested.

#28 3rdbass   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

super voucher? Id have preferred it if all that stuff was on the disc

ND said on the PS blog that they couldn't include the original game and all the DLC on one blu-ray as it wouldn't fit. I can't see why since there is only a few maps and skins with this added content.

#29 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2239 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago   Has been playing New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Wii U

Indiana Jones

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

i dont think anyone is getting screwed over by this. im an early adopter to this series myself and ive bought almost all of the dlc( except for the shitty character packs) and ive had a blast playing. at least with this goty edition they waited a year or 2 before doing it weve all seen games get this treatment within the same year of release or more.

but with this continuing trend of goty editions i can see alot of people waiting for these kinds of deals in the future especially when they know a game will have alot of dlc.

I was being sarcastic. Some idiot left a negative review of the new Bad Company 2 edition on Amazon complaining about what he didn't get from the game at launch that other people are getting for free now.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#30 chopper731   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Close to dead? I played some Uncharted 2 online a few weeks back and never had any problems finding matches. The counter also said there were ~50,000 people online playing...