- - - - -

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - coming 11.11.11

#1 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

Posted Image

QNLKLCZN8wc

Game Details:
What we kinda know so far:
  • The game has been in development for well over two (2) years now.
  • A new engine has been (internally) developed for this game.
  • From Game Informer:
    Spoiler

Scans

Previews:

Edited by SynGamer, 17 January 2011 - 08:29 PM.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#2 Dasflikko   I want a cookie CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

yaaaaay elder scrolls

#3 Tony208   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2082 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:26 AM

should of announced the release later so people feel like they wait less
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#4 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8236 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:34 AM

Day one for me. Considering they do any drastic things to the series that ruins it.

125063.png808669.png
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5 MillerTime2523   FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND CAGiversary!   8402 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

MillerTime2523

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

oh my god yes.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
Now Playing

Battlefield Hardline // Sunset Overdrive // Trials Fusion

#6 freakyzeeky   Trophy Whore CAGiversary!   3923 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

freakyzeeky

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

I'm actually pretty excited to hear this game coming out next year... Let's hope the game isn't ruined by DLC exclusivity deals. ;)

#7 FellOpenIan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FellOpenIan

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

Pre-ordered on Steam and PS3 as soon as it's available.

edit: Hey look a new engine.
http://twitter.com/#...010984884604929

Edited by Fell Open Ian, 12 December 2010 - 10:37 PM.

#8 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Great news about a new engine, it's about time. Will be interesting to see if we can climb ladders ;)

#9 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2063 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CrimsonPaw

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Day one for me. Considering they do any drastic things to the series that ruins it.

THIS, I will pre-order as soon as possible only so that I don't spend my money on anything else. I can't wait to see what they did with the engine; this would explain why it'll be 6 years in the making.

CrimsonPaw.png

#10 grrouchie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   731 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

after starting Fallout 3 just recently, this game is on my radar.

Should I play Oblivion first, or just wait for this to come out?

I have heard people putting in multiple hundreds of hours and not even touching the main quest

#11 FellOpenIan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FellOpenIan

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

I'd recommend starting with Morrowind (perhaps a heavily modded PC version) if you can stand it as the representation of Vvardenfell is wonderfully done. Oblivion plays much better though even if the world is a tad bland.

When it comes to drastic changes I actually trust Bethesda far more than most developers these days. I've watched as BioWare has all but gutted everything RPG from their games and it has become a real turn-off for me but Bethesda seems to do a great job of streamlining systems without losing the depth and complexity inherent in their RPGs.

#12 brewsterbedford   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   6 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

brewsterbedford

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

Bethesda have announced that Elder Scrolls V a sequel to Oblivion will be released in 2011
They have started production on it.

#13 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3429 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

Bethesda have announced that Elder Scrolls V a sequel to Oblivion will be released in 2011
They have started production on it.

Not to be a dick, but the point of this post is? The OP already had that there since the 11th.

I say skip Oblivion. I found it quite boring actually. Morrowind was awesome. Hopefully, I can have more fun with this one.

#14 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2063 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CrimsonPaw

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

For those with a Game Informer subscription, the latest issue (with the new Tomb Raider reveal) has a couple pages dedicated to the history of The Elder Scrolls on the back pages. It's VERY high level, but good to understand the overarching story.

CrimsonPaw.png

#15 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8236 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

THIS, I will pre-order as soon as possible only so that I don't spend my money on anything else. I can't wait to see what they did with the engine; this would explain why it'll be 6 years in the making.

As soon as I can and I have the cash I am preordering it. Morrowind was one of my top three favorite RPG games of all time. Can't wait to play it.

125063.png808669.png
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#16 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:34 AM

Pre-order is up on GameStop: http://www.gamestop....ls V: Skyrim|1|

#17 Cardiff Giant   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Cardiff Giant

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Not to be a dick, but the point of this post is? The OP already had that there since the 11th.

I say skip Oblivion. I found it quite boring actually. Morrowind was awesome. Hopefully, I can have more fun with this one.

I loved Oblivion and have since gone back to try and play Morrowind (having never played it before) and just can't get into it. Definitely can't wait for this.

#18 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2091 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

I am interested in diving into the Elder Scrolls universe. Never played one (Fallout 3 is one of my favs though).

That new Morrowind super PC mod pack makes it appealing to try and start there...

#19 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

I am interested in diving into the Elder Scrolls universe. Never played one (Fallout 3 is one of my favs though).

That new Morrowind super PC mod pack makes it appealing to try and start there...

Link please?

#20 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...uite-available/
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

Looks like the mod community cried foul and the author has stopped. Awesome. Anyone know where I can download what he had compiled?

#22 laaj   $$$$ CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

He should have gotten permission before distributing other people's work.

#23 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

He should have gotten permission before distributing other people's work.

Link to the mod pack?

#24 Survivalism   CAG's Lance Boyle CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Survivalism

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Link please?

Link to the mod pack?

Anyone know where I can download what he had compiled?

You're gonna be amazed when you discover Google.

#25 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, Fuck off. I tried Google and my search strings aren't yielding what I need. Hence asking for help.

#26 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

same
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#27 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2091 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

PMs for all.

#28 Amblix   Chinglish CAGiversary!   2205 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

Looks like the new Gameinformer stuff got leaked.

On leveling:
Totally revamped, no more class selection at the start of the game, every skill you level contributes to your overall level. And each time you level you get extra health plus the ability to get either more health, magicka or stamina.
Each level also brings you perks. Cool abilities I guess like in Fallout 3.
Also, the leveling was moved from 1-25 or something like that to 1-50, but 50 is soft-capped, you just advance really slow after that.

On skills:
Mysticism is gone.
18 skills, down from 21 on Oblivion, and 27 on Morrowind.
Tries to accomodate players who want to specialize in a certain proffesion (like mage or thief), while at the same time giving room for players who like to do plenty of everything. They want to keep a special care so that this feels good, not prone to cheating and organic.
Enchanting is back, and also, Weapon Smithing is apparently introduced

On the story and lore:
200 years after Oblivion. Set in Skyrim, a region north of the imperial city, where the Nords live.
The dragons are returning, as it was prophetized. You are gonna be trying to stop the wicked dragon god. You are a dragonborn, a dragon hunter. Your mentor is one of the last blade, voiced by some old dude from Shutter Island and Minority Report.
Also, there is a civil war, since the king is dead.
Enemies include were-yeti's, giant spider, dragons and other cool creatures.

On combat:
They want to make it more dynamic and tactical. You have to assign each hand with a function I think, either magic, 2 weapons, a weapon and a shield, etc.
You can also waste stamina by sprinting, allowing you to get access to tactical postitions.
Emphasis on really improving the combat this time around.
They are also putting care on how each weapon feel on your hand.

Other:
Third person view has been improved
5 massive cities, more variation in caves and underground stuff.
Conversations aren't done in a zoomed in static shot anymore. Start a conversation with some and they will act like someone would in real life, looking at you occasionally and walking around a bit and also continue doing a task if they were doing one while talking.
Also, there is an option for No HUD

On quests:
Quests are much more dynamic now.
The quests are now more determined by how you build your chracter, individual actions and overall much more dynamic. Examples provided: If you are more of a magic user, some other mage may approach you who may not have had if you were just a melee character. Or if you killed some dude who owned a store that was gonna give you a quest, his sister would inherit the store, but she may resent you before giving you the quest. Also, if you drop a weapon in the street instead of selling it, it may just dissapear, some kid may get it and give it back to you, which would lead to a series of stuff, or some dudes may fight over who gets it.
Also, it said that the quests you are given would be modified by how you have played (I guess like scaling the quests). For example, the location of a rescue mission would be determined by which location you have visited (it will try to give you a dungeon you haven't been in) and I guess also giving you appropiate enemies to your level.

Scans

Spoiler

#29 SynGamer   Welcome to Night Vale CAGiversary!   8600 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

Updated the OP with your info and scans, thanks!

#30 dimeadz   Cagtastic CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

Hopefully this wil be better than Oblivion.
Excuses are the nails in the house of failure.