- - - - -

Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PS3 $39.99 YMMV Wal-Mart

#1 Muthafodder   Banned Banned   1845 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Muthafodder

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

I found some of these in my local area a few months back for $39.99...found four in one store.

I check back on their website frequently in case more come in stock by chance.

I tried to enter random zip codes for border states and others and was surprised to find quite a few locations showing stock.

If you've been looking for this out of print game, it wouldn't hurt to try your zip.

Here are some random zip codes I tried using Wal-Marts stock finder.
Louisiana 71401 (two location showing in stock)
New Hampshire 03241 (one location showing in stock)
Delaware 19905 (two locations in stock)
Georgia 37407 (one location in stock & 30 miles from Chatanooga)
Tennessee 38302 (one location 30 miles from Jackson)
North Carolina 23505 (one location 40 miles form Norfolk, VA)

I picked 5 zip codes at random just now and three of those showed stock.
I would advise against calling the stores.
EDIT - Still finding more...

This website is nice to look-up zip codes in your area, easier to use than the USPS website.

There are none in my area, I just wanted to give an FYI that they are still to be found in the wild...hopefully your area :)

#2 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   4631 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
3DS

Chrono Gear

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Dang I got all excited. Been wanting to snag this for a while. None in my area of course. Thanks anyway OP.

#3 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3105 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
PS4

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

It's also worth noting that just because it lists your store doesn't exactly mean they have it in stock. There were two by me about 2 months ago but no copies were to be found after scouring them both everywhere I could think to look. I'd ask an employee in a normal store, but hey, it is Wal-Mart.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#4 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   2956 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Damn, theres one in Littleton NH but it would be a two hour drive for me.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#5 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19745 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:47 AM

Damn, theres one in Littleton NH but it would be a two hour drive for me.

It's probably not worth it. WM's stock locator just means that their computers did not scan one (or more) as having been sold. That one copy could be anywhere. It might be sitting right there on the shelves where it should be or it could have been stolen, it could be sitting under some cat litter, it could have been flushed down a toilet... who knows? WM is a complete mess when it comes to older games.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#6 Muthafodder   Banned Banned   1845 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Muthafodder

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, if you do call after finding it online, I would give them the sku# or item number instead of trying to explain this particular version to them.

Edited by Muthafodder, 24 February 2011 - 02:03 AM.

#7 takotchi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

takotchi

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

A while back, I looked up a bunch of Walmarts along I-95 and stopped at 3 or 4 on my way down, trying to find this game. None of them had it. Their stock checker is absolute crap. This is not a deal because none of those stores will actually have the game. Nobody does.

#8 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19745 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

Yeah, if you do call after finding it online, I would give them the sku# or item number instead of trying to explain this particular version to them.

I can't find my receipt, but found an old photo, but I can't quite make out the number of the receipt.

I'm looking for the original picture on my camera so I can zoom in.

That won't do it either because they're going to look it up on the computer too and they'll see the same thing we do.

Unless the employee confirms that he has it in his/her hand, I wouldn't bother.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#9 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   2956 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

It's probably not worth it. WM's stock locator just means that their computers did not scan one (or more) as having been sold. That one copy could be anywhere. It might be sitting right there on the shelves where it should be or it could have been stolen, it could be sitting under some cat litter, it could have been flushed down a toilet... who knows? WM is a complete mess when it comes to older games.

I know, I'm still kicking myself for when my Bestbuy had a few of these left. I wanted one but didn't have the money at the time.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#10 artrus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

yeah i hate to poop on the parade, but i have spent many a day trekking to wal-marts in VA, south NJ, and PA after this popped up on the wal-mart store finder. none of them had them in stock. one in fact laughed when they asked what i was digging through the games for once because they said people call all the time asking for the ultimate sith game and they had not seen it for months.

#11 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   12565 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

A while back, I looked up a bunch of Walmarts along I-95 and stopped at 3 or 4 on my way down, trying to find this game. None of them had it. Their stock checker is absolute crap. This is not a deal because none of those stores will actually have the game. Nobody does.

The stock checker is the only reason I was persistent enough to find the game at Walmart, of course I got mine last year (it's been that price for quite a while).

The stores that showed it as in stock with their online inventory checker didn't have them out in the video game aisle.. but after giving one of the employees the UPC he checked on their computer, which revealed that they had 2 in stock. He pulled it out from the back of the store.

If it does list it in stock, make sure to do what I did if you want any luck.. cuz chances are it won't be out in plain sight. It's a bit late to be getting in on this deal though, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it's been this price for at least a year at walmart?

Edited by spoderman, 24 February 2011 - 02:51 AM.

#12 Ray5555   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:27 AM

I need to go to harrsiburg to get a 360 version. But there is a ps3 version near me

#13 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

this is for the original game?!?! yeah, good luck to those that actually find one, ha!
Posted Image

#14 dabamus   Banned Banned   4291 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

I already picked up 2x 360 and 1x PS3 from wally worlds near me. :D

(one 360 for myself, and 1x 360 and 1xPS3 for friends)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#15 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1493 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

I see both the PS3 and XBox 360 version about 20 miles from me. Are they actually worth driving to purchase? I've only played the second one and thought it was Meh.

#16 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7106 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:06 AM

There's a listing for 1 in my area but I doubt it's there. Probably a good 45 minute drive away. I'm tempted, but meh...

#17 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   4709 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

I really wish Microsoft/Sony/Lucusarts would reprint Star Wars the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith edition, or at least put the Hoth DLC on the PSN store/XBL store. I haven't heard/checked if that piece of DLC is yet available for download.

All I see lately are numerous budget priced/$20 versions of the original game. Would be nice to see a Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits version of Star Wars the Force Unleashed that includes the DLC or a voucher to download it since it is a fairly old game.

#18 saberz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Calling and asking them won't get anything done. Also asking an employee if they have anymore means jacksquat. I know, I work there part time(second job). They usually say "whats on the shelf is what we have". But at my Walmart there is a huge open bookcase of games that aren't even out on the floor. Talking older games, and newer games. This is in the backroom/warehouse.

Most employees don't want to go looking in the warehouse, most of them are unorganized messes.
[PSN] - INFO
Posted Image

#19 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

Unfortunately, trying to find this edition late in the game is so very YMMV. I can't recall what the difference was between the PS3 and 360 ultimate editions?? Good luck trying to find it.
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#20 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   2956 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

All the DLC plus a random card,etc

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#21 artrus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

I really wish Microsoft/Sony/Lucusarts would reprint Star Wars the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith edition, or at least put the Hoth DLC on the PSN store/XBL store. I haven't heard/checked if that piece of DLC is yet available for download.

All I see lately are numerous budget priced/$20 versions of the original game. Would be nice to see a Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits version of Star Wars the Force Unleashed that includes the DLC or a voucher to download it since it is a fairly old game.

its all on the PSN. i broke down and bought it once I realized that this item is probably out of reach for me.

if anyone wants to prove me wrong and snag me a copy, I'd make it worth your trouble

#22 typical guy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

typical guy

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

There is one 27 miles from me. That's a 3 hour drive in rush hour traffic. No thanks.

Gamestop has it used for $45.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Star+Wars%3a+Force+Unleashed+++Ultimate+Sith+Edition

#23 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1004 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

I snagged a copy of this off ebay awhile back for 50, the guy had it for 60 but he had the "or best offer" option on there and accepted it for my offer of 50. For awhile I had buyer's remorse because a Wal-Mart item locator said that a Wal-Mart 30 miles from me had a copy...but with the price of gas and the value of the time spent I probably ended up with a better deal on Ebay. Now that I'm hearing the Wal-marts don't even have the games, I'm glad I skipped that option.

#24 hwmusic   Bloodrocuted CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

none within 50 miles of jacksonville fl, bummer.

#25 Backlash2332x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Backlash2332x

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

So someone actually has found a new, sealed copy of this lately for under $100? You douchebags and your luck.

#26 dabamus   Banned Banned   4291 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, I found 2 new sealed 360, and one slightly buggered up but still sealed PS3. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#27 Backlash2332x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Backlash2332x

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, I found 2 new sealed 360, and one slightly buggered up but still sealed PS3. :D

Damn you lol. If you decided to sell them, that's a hella good profit.

#28 DrUnkAgAIn   I like money. CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DrUnkAgAIn

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

I just saw a mint used copy in Gamestop the other day.

The thing is, the basic game was fun, but nothing special. I beat it two years ago and I don't have much urge to go back now for the DLC, especially not for +$40.

#29 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   4709 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

its all on the PSN. i broke down and bought it once I realized that this item is probably out of reach for me.

if anyone wants to prove me wrong and snag me a copy, I'd make it worth your trouble

Yeah, I just noticed that the Hoth mission is on PSN. I guess a reprint is probably not going to happen.

I liked the steelbook design and the collector's card is a nice addition. Wish generic steelbook cases were sold like generic dvd cases in stores.

#30 GTAERgameing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

GTAERgameing

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Thanks OP for this heads up on this, went today and got the last one they had in the back room. :D