- - - - -

Captain America: Super Soldier XBox 360 $37.49 at Amazon

#1 robin2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

robin2099

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

http://www.amazon.co...07225231&sr=1-2

The 360 version is currently $37.49. The game is supposedly looking decent, so if your a fan of Cap it might be worth it.

#2 hero913   MAZZAFAKKA CAGiversary!   1898 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

Heard good things about the game but I'll wait til' its in the 9.99 bargain bin w/ all the other comic to movie to game titles

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#3 emeraldgsl   Beginning of the End CAGiversary!   1651 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

Heard good things about the game but I'll wait til' its in the 9.99 bargain bin w/ all the other comic to movie to game titles

^This.
Posted Image

#4 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   34682 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

I wonder if this will be a case where the game is better than the movie, because so far the movie looks terrible.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

#5 sadboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

America, Fuck yeah!

#6 Pck21   Beware the Ides of March CAGiversary!   2459 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Meh I bit. I can cancel it if the reviews are garbage.

Currently Playing:

Xbox One: Halo: MCC

PS4: COD: AW

Wii U: Super Smash Bros

#7 Dynamite   Shazam! CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

I wonder if this will be a case where the game is better than the movie, because so far the movie looks terrible.

i somewhat agree, however, I think it is more likely that one will be bad and the other terrible.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   3898 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

ya people who pay msrp, or even anywhere near msrp for movie games are nuts. Those drop in price real fast and can be got <20 bucks very quickly. Just takes a little longer to get it for 10-15 bucks.

#9 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8167 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

With all the movie games this yr this will be $10-$20 around yrs end look at iron man 2. Also, these games are great fodder you can find used at blockbuster b/c they have just so many damn copies.

#10 exileinoblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

exileinoblivion

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

Eh, Thor looked absolutely terrible and turned out to be decent so I have hopes for Cap and Green Lantern even though neither are looking all that great.

#11 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7176 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

Thanks in for one. Looks kinda like Batman AA without the quality. Could be worth $40 I guess.

#12 AFarewell2Arms   Drop A Deuce CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

The movie looks fantastic. I have no clue what some of you are talking about.

#13 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1270 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

This

#14 stripwhite   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

stripwhite

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:32 AM

I'm with you. Thor was an overrated piece of crap and Green Lantern looks bad. Captain America is the one I'm looking forward to.
Posted Image

#15 GreenSpark   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

GreenSpark

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

Quoted for so much truth! There hasn't been a bad Marvel movie made yet, people are so hard to please. But I'm with everyone else in only purchasing these types of games below the $20 mark and you know it's coming sooner than later.

#16 xskaxninjax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

xskaxninjax

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:48 AM

Quoted for so much truth! There hasn't been a bad Marvel movie made yet, people are so hard to please. But I'm with everyone else in only purchasing these types of games below the $20 mark and you know it's coming sooner than later.

I don't know about that... the first Hulk movie and Elektra were pretty bad. And Ghost Rider and the Fantastic Four movies are right on the edge. Still, super looking forward to this movie.

#17 GreenSpark   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

GreenSpark

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

I don't know about that... the first Hulk movie and Elektra were pretty bad. And Ghost Rider and the Fantastic Four movies are right on the edge. Still, super looking forward to this movie.

And I happened to love all of those, especially the Fantastic Four movies! I don't know, I get my nachos and icee, grab a good seat and simply expect to be entertained in some capacity and to me, those movies served that purpose. I never care about "it doesn't follow the exact same story as the comic book" or "but that costume is the wrong color" and all that nonsense, just looking for a little fun. I used to collect comic books as a teenager, especially Marvel, so maybe I am a little biased;)

#18 AFarewell2Arms   Drop A Deuce CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

And Wolverine. If for nothing else, this movie butchered Deadpool. But I actually liked Thor. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Can't wait to see X-Men. And although I want to see Green Lantern, I have a feeling it will not turn out well.

#19 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:13 AM

Looking forward to the movie, but I'll be blown away if this doesn't end up being another piece of shit Marvel game that Sega throws together. They've blown it with both Iron Man games and Thor, I don't expect Cap to be any better.

#20 exileinoblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

exileinoblivion

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

And Wolverine. If for nothing else, this movie butchered Deadpool. But I actually liked Thor. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Can't wait to see X-Men. And although I want to see Green Lantern, I have a feeling it will not turn out well.

You sir, have an excellent avatar. Easily the funniest moment in Parks and Rec history.

I'm not holding my breath on X-men either though.

#21 AxleHead   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

AxleHead

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

Howard The Duck, Hulk (with Eric Bana), and Elektra were all pretty horrible. Although it's safe to say marvel movies have a better track record than the game tie ins. So I will probably wait for the sub 20 price range too.

#22 gotdott   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:28 AM

Not sure why you guys are comparing the quality of movies based on Marvel characters as if they were all produced by the same source. These Avengers set-up movies have been produced by Marvel. Sony has exclusivity in regards to Spiderman, and Fox has the rights to X-men and the Fantastic Four. Fox has been known to ruin franchises a la the Chun Li and Dragon Ball movies. Though First Class was surprisingly good.

Edit: Daredevil and Elektra were also produced and distributed by Fox, surprise surprise.

#23 exileinoblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

exileinoblivion

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:58 AM

Not sure why you guys are comparing the quality of movies based on Marvel characters as if they were all produced by the same source. These Avengers set-up movies have been produced by Marvel. Sony has exclusivity in regards to Spiderman, and Fox has the rights to X-men and the Fantastic Four. Fox has been known to ruin franchises a la the Chun Li and Dragon Ball movies. Though First Class was surprisingly good.

Edit: Daredevil and Elektra were also produced and distributed by Fox, surprise surprise.

Well the director of Cap did Rocketeer and I dug that movie so I have faith in Cap

#24 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8709 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

Those weren't actually produced by Marvel. Marvel's actual films - Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor (we won't count Iron Man 2) have all been great. The Captain America and Avengers movies will be awesome too. Anybody who says the new Captain America film looks bad just doesn't know about or like Captain America.

As for the game, it looks pretty good! I'm tempted by that price, though GameStop has the Ultimate Cap outfit as a preorder bonus. Hmm...

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my weekly streams at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

• Mondays: Playstation Vita games - Sometimes with prizes!
  • Tuesdays: The Witcher 2
  • Wednesdays: Xbox One games
  • Thursdays: Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Saturdays: Xbox One games - Always with prizes!

#25 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

Actually Daredevil and Elektra were Regency productions which Fox only distributed. Fox had nothing to do with calling the shots in terms of how they were produced or financed.

Fox has been known to ruin franchises a la the Chun Li and Dragon Ball movies. Though First Class was surprisingly good.

Was there something wrong with X-MEN 1 or 2?

And if you're going to get on Fox for making lousy comic book movies, let's not forget Sony made GHOST RIDER and Marvel themselves turned out IRON MAN 2, which was pretty much crap.

#26 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8709 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

Was there something wrong with X-MEN 1 or 2?

And if you're going to get on Fox for making lousy comic book movies, let's not forget Sony made GHOST RIDER and Marvel themselves turned out IRON MAN 2, which was pretty much crap.

X-Men First Class is also very good by most accounts. But it'll take a few more good sequels before X-Men 3 and Wolverine disappear from most people's minds.

Iron Man 2 mostly suffers IMO from being rushed (and apparently some script interference). If they'd given themselves more time to make the film, it would have turned out much better. Anyway, my point was that 3 out of 4 movies produced so far (with Cap looking to be a very good # 5) is a great track record. Plus people just love that they're authentic and exist in the same universe as each other.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my weekly streams at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

• Mondays: Playstation Vita games - Sometimes with prizes!
  • Tuesdays: The Witcher 2
  • Wednesdays: Xbox One games
  • Thursdays: Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Saturdays: Xbox One games - Always with prizes!

#27 TraBuch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1031 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:00 AM

Speaking of Daredevil, anyone that hated that movie really should check out the director's cut. HUGE improvement over the theatrical.

#28 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3406 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

You sir, have an excellent avatar. Easily the funniest moment in Parks and Rec history.

I'm not holding my breath on X-men either though.

It does have an 87% positive rating on Rotten. That's pretty damn good for a comic book movie.

#29 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7176 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

PS3 version is also $37.49 now.

#30 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   2768 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

Iron Man 2 mostly suffers IMO from being rushed (and apparently some script interference). If they'd given themselves more time to make the film, it would have turned out much better.

Honestly, I think you all are giving Iron Man 2 a bad rap... Yeah, its not as good as the first one but that doesn't mean it was horrible.

Anyhow, in an effort to make my post more on topic...

I would not preorder this game... Even at this price. This price will be back soon enough if the game ends up being good and, lets face facts, its got a lot to overcome. A developer who hasn't done a single 360/PS3 game, a publisher who has so far completely mishandled the Marvel movies license to the point their was talk that marvel wanted them out, and previews are going to be positive till the game ships and they turn to reviews. Why? No one wants to get left out of coverage for Sega's better games. (Which they now have in Aliens: Colonial Marines.)

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this game to be good and/or decent... but their so many proven great games one can get for 40 bucks that taking a chance just seems foolhardy to me.