- - - - -

tekken 6 ( ps3 ) 14.99 enslaved ( ps3/360 ) 14.99 at gamestop

#1 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

I saw this in the weekly ad for the fathers day week long sale. I checked and the 360 version of tekken 6 isn't on sale only the ps3 one. Not a bad price for these two games. The used copys of both games aren't discounted btw.

#2 VideoGamesIzFun   Legalize it CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

VideoGamesIzFun

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Thanks been looking for a cheaper copy of Tekken 6 for PS3 the best I could find was Amazon for $19 glad I didn't bite, saved me a couple bucks

#3 Kerig   Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL! CAGiversary!   5844 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

Also Amazon has the Tekken 6 360 wireless fight stick bundle for $39.99

If I were in the market for the game that's the way I would go. PS3 version looks to be $75 though :/

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#4 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

I've never been a fight stick guy. I've always loved the duel shock dpad. Ever since I saw this deal Ive been thinking about jumping on tekken 6. I already have beaten enslaved for the ps3 then after I traded it in I got it again for 360. Wanted it back cause as simplistic as the gameplay is the game had heart and character and it was a great adventure that I wanted side by side with the also sensational heveanly sword

#5 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35211 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:44 AM

Tekken is tempting.

Enslaved is a terrible game though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

#6 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

Tekken is tempting.

Enslaved is a terrible game though.

What didn't you like about it ? Granted, the auto platforming made it impossible for you to miss a jump but it did fit monkey though. After all, real monkeys swing through trees effortlessly right ? He is a super agile character anyway so I can see why they went that direction. I was disappointed however that the combat wasn't nearly as deep as heveanly sword. the characters and story were top notch ( except that wtf cliffhanger ending ) Andy serkis is the man !

#7 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35211 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

What didn't you like about it ? Granted, the auto platforming made it impossible for you to miss a jump but it did fit monkey though. After all, real monkeys swing through trees effortlessly right ? He is a super agile character anyway so I can see why they went that direction. I was disappointed however that the combat wasn't nearly as deep as heveanly sword. the characters and story were top notch ( except that wtf cliffhanger ending ) Andy serkis is the man !

The controls were bad, the characters unlikeable, the story uninteresting.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

#8 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7089 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago   Has been playing WWE 2K15
XONE

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:36 AM

I traded in Tekken ages ago. I might just pick it up with a couple other cheap games for the B2G1.

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#9 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

I traded in Tekken ages ago. I might just pick it up with a couple other cheap games for the B2G1.

I was wondering since I might get tekken, does the final boss of this game follow the tradition of fighting game bosses being cheap and broken ? I hate it when fighting games do that

#10 Cheeseknight28   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Cheeseknight28

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

The controls were bad, the characters unlikeable, the story uninteresting.

I thought it was great. The combat felt simple yet satisfying and the characters (2/3 anyway, Pigsy was annoying) were entertaining to watch, even though all of them were cliche. The story had a Matrix-esque twist but whatever.

For $14.99 it's great. I paid $24.99 and was satisfied. In terms of semi-niche games, it's no Nier, but it's still worth the price.

#11 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

I loved pigsy ! He especially made me laugh in the scene when him, monkey and trip were all squeezed in together in that small escape pod lol

#12 sgr76   Talk it < Living it CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

I was seriously considering Enslaved along with RE5 Gold and another game (That has not been chosen yet). I could care less for platforming so this would work for me.
Posted Image

#13 loveangel   Master CAGiversary!   824 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

tekken series is my fav game..thanks for sharing this

Games My life..10.gif

#14 sgr76   Talk it < Living it CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

I was wondering since I might get tekken, does the final boss of this game follow the tradition of fighting game bosses being cheap and broken ? I hate it when fighting games do that

If you ever played Dead or Alive, the final boss will be a breath of fresh air.
Posted Image

#15 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

tekken series is my fav game..thanks for sharing this

No prob :) we cheapies always have to try and help eachother save some money right ?

#16 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

That's good. I've never played that series much though. I like a challenging boss and all but they don't need to be super broken ( stupid shao kahn from mortal kombat trilogy comes to mind ).

#17 SCDallas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

Definitely in for Tekken 6, the online is VERY good and addicting.

#18 KneeKnee   Trophy Whore CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

I thought Enslaved was fantastic. Easily one of my favorite games from last year.

KneeKnee.png

#19 SCDallas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

I found the final boss in Tekken 4 to be extremely cheap. Everything else is top notch. (except the terrible story brawler portion they throw in every time)

#20 CaoPi   KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10084 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Definitely in for Tekken 6, the online is VERY good and addicting.

uh no this game is garbage online there are some block strings that you can't react to due to the crappy lag and netcode

online and offline play are completely different

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#21 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10643 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

uh no this game is garbage online there are some block strings that you can't react to due to the crappy lag and netcode

When I played tekken 6 online at my girlfriends place trying out her brothers copy of the game the online worked fine for me only some slight lag

#22 Video-Gamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Video-Gamer

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

I got tekken 6 for $10 on amazon shipped brand new not third party sellers.

#23 SCDallas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Don't knock a game just because you have terrible internet. I used to play daily with zero lag, and my internet isn't anything special.

#24 scum1   scum1 CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

Both are a good deal. I enjoyed Enslaved quite a bit. It had good voice acting/story and the gameplay was fun. I was actually sad once it was over since I don't think they will make a sequel.
I'm all over that like a donkey eatin a waffle

#25 SpringAvenger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

SpringAvenger

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

I want Tekken 6, but with Tekken Tag Tournament HD, TTT2, SFxTekken, and TekkenxSF coming out, its hard for me to do so. :(

#26 ohram   Ohram CAGiversary!   1426 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

Both are a good deal. I enjoyed Enslaved quite a bit. It had good voice acting/story and the gameplay was fun. I was actually sad once it was over since I don't think they will make a sequel.

I remember reading an article saying they were planning on making a sequel some time in the future. Just bought the game for $12 shipped. Pretty good so far.
:twoguns: