I hope the CAGs who were able to get one come here to learn and contribute
HP Touchpad forum
The Official HP Palm Blog: Updates on certain apps on webOS, 6-pack app giveaways, etc.
How to improve the performance of your new HP Touchpad
Got a slow HP Touchpad?
Tired of refreshing webpages because of old content? Check it out here!
Got a New Touchpad and want to make it even more awesome? Check it out here!
Orb Caster from Orb Networks (1st post)
Easy and free, and works great
-Plays ALL video formats that your computer can do (even ones not supported by the TouchPad)
-Streams even 720p HD movies, with little or no buffering at all during movie
The Official HP Palm Blog
WebOS Doctor for Touchpad
How to use webOS Doctor
Hulu Fix for Touchpad
1) I'm not able to install pre-ware, webOS Quick Install hangs on an .ipk package?
Try installing webOS v3.0.2 BEFORE you install preware. Go to
2) How long does the update take? My Touchpad seems to hang/receive a message of "Unable to connect. Try again later."
When initially installing the system update, it states that the Touchpad will download the update when the tablet is idle and it will inform you when it is ready to be installed.
I left mine idle for an hour or so and the update was ready to install.
3) Is there a patch to unthrottle downloads on the Touchpad?
Yes, after installing preware, start up the webOS Quick Install app and click on the "Patches" tab. Search for "unthrottle" and you will see the "Unthrottle Download Manager" patch. Install and restart the touchpad (that is if you are done looking for other patches).
4) How do I...? (General Functions)
FAQ HERE - Thanks to user speedtouch at webOSroundup.com
5) I'm not able to install the novacom drivers on Mac OS X Lion, what should I do?
xda developers Forum link
Edited by htown01, 07 September 2011 - 11:55 PM.