- - - - -

Mirror's Edge $9.99 New Online

#1 spedmunki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Soul Sacrifice
Vita

spedmunki

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Not sure if this is a glitch or already posted, but Mirror's Edge (X360) is listed new for $9.99 on the Best Buy website, which is funny because it's listed at $14.99 for a pre-owned copy....

http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

#2 Jimmienoman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3537 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Jimmienoman

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hmm heard mixed reviews. Anyone care to weigh in?

Oh and used prices being higher is nothing new to BBY.

#3 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

great informative title

#4 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   1873 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
XONE

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

I liked it a lot. I only played through it once but thoroughly enjoyed it. I actually got the achievement for not shooting any enemies in it which I thought was pretty cool

#5 htown01   Texas CAG CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

Nice thanks spedmunki :) Bought 1. Don't forget to use the Entertainment Free Shipping.

#6 mberkes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

This was my first game on PS3 I bothered platinuming. Incredibly fun, really easy to pick up and play, but lots of replay value in the time trials and harder difficulties. Definitely worth the $10.

#7 BitLooter   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

It's awesome. Anybody who says it isn't hates fun. And if for some reason you're still on the fence, there's a demo on XBLA.
Try SwagBucks, where you can earn prizes just for searching the web! I have earned more than $60 Amazon credit so far, and get about $10 more each month just for using it instead of Google.

#8 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10650 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

Such a underrated classic. Ive been praying for a part 2 for a few years now. Just hole the story is much better if they make another one
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#9 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

I didn't play enough but it kind of gave me a little motion sickness. It's a pretty cool concept though and I do plan to go back to it eventually.

I would have probably preferred it be a third person game, but then I guess it wouldn't seem as original or "immersive". There is a clunky PC mod for that I know.

#10 FableDJ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I've been looking to get this for quite a while. This is most definitely my favorite game ever.

#11 Brownjohn   BAMF CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

This is one of my favorite games of this console generation. It is so incredibly worth it.
To each his own.

#12 PoindeJ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

To apply Entertainment Free Shipping, you have to go here (I just found this on Google):

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat221900050000

Just click on the category and shop as normal.

What an awesome deal. Thanks TC!

#13 cthomer5000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

cthomer5000

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

It's not perfect, but I would say it's one of the best - and certainly most original - games I've played on the 360. I don't see how you can go wrong at 10 bucks.

#14 Deefuzz   Comfortably Numb CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

I actually played this demo for the first time earlier this week and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the heads up, I got my order placed with the Entertainment Free Shipping deal. :)

#15 FallenCow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

I wouldn't waste your time with this one. Sure it's got some interesting mechanics initially, but then it all becomes extremely repetitive and the physics aren't always consistent. $10 is cheap, but it's the 6-8 hours you'll never get back that hurts.

#16 shurija   Geronimo! CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

Thanks, OP. Just grabbed with the free shipping link. I wanted to try this game out for a while.

#17 Cysquatch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Cysquatch

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

Oh and used prices being higher is nothing new to BBY.

Meh, bought it $10 used a while ago. I didn't think it was as great as everyone says but it's still enjoyable. Pretty short too.
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#18 Relysis  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

It depends on how you play it. If you want a nice story with lots of action sequences, you won't find it here. The story mode is basically a 3 hour tutorial. The game is built around time trials, and those are designed perfectly. You'll be playing those far more than the story mode, and they are far more fun. If you don't like that kind of thing, stay away from the game. If you are, do yourself a favor and download the map pack as well. It costs as much as the game, but can easily double the playtime.

#19 kingsnuff  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

I wouldn't waste your time with this one. Sure it's got some interesting mechanics initially, but then it all becomes extremely repetitive and the physics aren't always consistent. $10 is cheap, but it's the 6-8 hours you'll never get back that hurts.

this. :applause:
121056.png
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division[/size]

Anyone know a sure-fire way to exploit this? Should I simply make more Kongregate accounts using different emails to get more codes or should I delete and re-download the app as well?

The moment I realized CAG was entirely different monster than it was in 2011

#20 FableDJ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

:/

It does become repetitive, but only if you let it. The trick is not just taking the obvious routes. The story is a bit cliché, but, like the guy above the guy above me said, the time trials are where its at.

Can't wait for ME2 (in like... 2015 or some shiz... fml).

#21 voormis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Mirror's Edge is a great game! Get it!

#22 msdmoney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

I would say the complete opposite, you really can't go wrong for $10 with this game. It's one of the most original games of this generation and at 6-8 hours it's just about the right length. The only problem with the game is when they try to turn it into a more conventional FPS, it doesn't really work with the parkour mechanic.

#23 folkmojo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

I been wanting this game forever but only ever really wanted to pay 10 for it. Thanks!

#24 KMoney33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

The game is a lot of fun. It's not a game to keep and go through multiple times, but definitely worth it at this price.

#25 eugaet   1d20 to save vs CAG CAGiversary!   3515 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

One of my favorite games. Quite a challenge on the hardest difficulty when trying not to use any weapons. I only played the storyline, I didn't even touch the time trials.

Very hopeful for a ME2.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#26 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8184 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Such a underrated classic. Ive been praying for a part 2 for a few years now. Just hole the story is much better if they make another one

ask & you may receive even with poor sales
http://www.google.co...iw=1366&bih=525

I'm surprised that people haven't already scored this title for $5-$10 already the $20 MSRP games are classic bogo or 50-75% off clearance/budget type deals. But it's a good game though

#27 KansasFF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

I ordered this last week on BB.com and still back ordered. Hopefully they ship it soon.

#28 unclenebber   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

unclenebber

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

It's kind of annoying that anybody would imply this isn't a good buy at 10 bucks.

The story and single player campaign were good, the replay value, with the speed runs and time trials, and even finding the bags, was great imo.

And yes, the 'combat' wasn't good. Which is like saying that the jumping in Oblivion stunk.

#29 Nazgul11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   182 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Nazgul11

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

Mirror's Edge was one of the best games of 2008, if not the best.

Spoiler
<- :shock:

#30 mindatlarge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

mindatlarge

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Wanted this for a while, but missed it at a low price last time, thanks OP. :)

Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
myndatlarge.png card.png mindatlarge.png?7190