• The following information will detail how to play Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition on Android using the Wii Remote and Classic Controller
• To provide the user with the necessary controller mapping information for Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition on Android
• Compatible Android device
• Nintendo Wii Remote
• Nintendo Wii Classic Controller
• This FREE Wiimote Controller app from the Android Market
1. Connect the Classic Controller to your Wii Remote
2. Download and install the Wiimote Controller app, following the instructions here
3. The app should recognize the classic controller with the following message: “Classic controller was plugged in WM1”
4. You should then be able to press every button on the Wii Remote and Classic Controller and see some sort of response on the screen. If you don’t – a joystick isn’t responding – start the process over
5. Now, access the app’s menu (the little symbol of horizontal lines) from the main screen
6. Select “Preferences”
7. Select “Mapping Options”
8. Select “1st Controller mappings”
9. The first section is how you save and load mapping profiles in addition to restoring defaults
10. The remaining sections specify the Wii Remote, Nunchuck attachment, and Classic Controller
11. Scroll down to the Classic Controller section
12. Select “Up”
13. You’ll notice another window pops up with a very long list of inputs. Scroll down until you find (Menu) and select it.
14. You have just configured the Classic Controller to activate the “Instant Replay” whenever “Up” is pressed on the direction pad.
15. Using the data table below – Green entries are the Android Inputs, Red entries are the corresponding function in the game – map the rest of the Classic Controller buttons.
16. When you are all done mapping buttons, give it a test drive and make sure everything makes sense. Since you know what Android Keys perform which Game Function, you can map the Wii Remote anyway you want! You could even try the Wii Remote with the Nunchuck attachment.
17. When you are satisified, be sure to scroll back to the top and save your mapping information by selecting “Save as profile” – access your keyboard via the new window’s “Keyboard” button – entering a name and selecting “Add.”
18. Don’t forget to keep in mind what your selected input method is at all times: WiiControllerIME or your favorite Android Keyboard?
• You should now be a little better off playing GTA III. Some of the functions don’t appear to be fully active, as noted in the data table. As far as I currently know, the in-game map still has to be accessed via the touch screen – make sure to use the home icon in the lower right to exit. And you should always be able to use the touch screen if you find menu navigation to cumbersome with the controller.
• I used a first generation (no built in motion plus, no motion plus attachment), first party Wii Remote, a first party Classic Controller, and an ASUS Transformer Prime.
In case the image isn't there:
Edited by toiletham, 06 September 2014 - 01:18 PM.
Added hyperlinks to Wiimote Controller app and instructions