This is the computer(not mine of course): http://bizsupport1.a...rodTypeId=12454
- The computer POSTs, but doesn't load windows.
- I can only enter BIOS and it's barebones with no cpu temps.
- HDD was tested on another computer and works fine.
- All ram sticks and slots work.
- Tested with 1 stick of ram, cpu, hdd, and vid card(no onboard video)
- The above are detected correctly in BIOS.
- Pulled BIOS battery.
- I get "Boot from CD/DVD" message with real Windows dvd inconsistantly
- Tested with fresh hdd and Windows DVD, but no "boot from dvd" message.
- Tested with fresh hdd alone and get "insert boot disk" message.
- Tested with original hdd alone and got POST, but doesn't load windows.
- HP diagnostic tool says that CPU, ram, and hdd are fine.
- All sata slots are detecting devices.
I'm guessing that the motherboard is borked, because if it was the cpu, it wouldn't post and if it was the psu, then it wouldn't power up at all(I'm assuming). I know there are some professional IT CAG's here and can use a second opinion before I order a new mb.
edit: forgot to mention that there are no BIOS error beeps.
Edited by dohdough, 18 March 2012 - 02:54 AM.