- - - - -

Kickstart for physical release of Class of Heroes 2

#1 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19116 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

http://kotaku.com/58...till-love-jrpgs

We got plenty of kickstart for indie games now let see if there is any interest in localizing Japanese RPG. There are also people that refused to buy anything digital so this is a chance for them to speak with their wallet.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#2 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7889 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

http://www.metacriti...class-of-heroes

First game sucked dicks. Find Etrian Odyssey games to play if you're dying to mess with dungeon crawling, at least there you could draw cute little maps on the DS.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#3 ndoto   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   10 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

I seem to be in the vast minority of people who rather enjoyed Class of Heroes.

#4 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

I don't think Victor Ireland could have picked a game I'd be less interested in.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#5 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8477 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

The people who refuse to buy any digital downloads are only cheating themselves out of niche titles like this. Avoiding the sunk cost for media production and royalty fees is the only way such a game can have a shot at making the licensee who localizes it any profit.

If people want the maps and tchotkes, let them buy it separately. If the game is any damn good but with a limited audience, get it up on PSN and maximize the sales efficiency.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#6 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19535 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

They need to hook up with GameArts and get a kickstarter for Lunar 3 going, instead of porting over obscure JRPGs.

And I still have faith in good JRPGs (Radiant Historia, Xenoblade, etc.) still exist these days but Class of Heroes was terrible. I can't imagine CoH2 being any better. Looks like they'll get their wish though as they've already got $50K+.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#7 jello44   Hey hey CAGiversary!   1552 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'd rather there be a kickstarter for VC3 but hey.

#8 Yagami   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

They need to hook up with GameArts and get a kickstarter for Lunar 3 going, instead of porting over obscure JRPGs.

The problem here, as Vic noted, is the Japanese. Most of them are not up for trying new things and won't even talk to you about such things. You know it def wouldn't happen with an established name series unless this becomes profitable. If this goes through you'll probably see this with a higher profile series.

Some companies also have unrealistic numbers. They sell 1m in Japan and they think the game is worth that in America (for licensing), but it won't ever sell nearly as much here as it did there.

#9 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19535 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

The problem here, as Vic noted, is the Japanese. Most of them are not up for trying new things and won't even talk to you about such things. You know it def wouldn't happen with an established name series unless this becomes profitable. If this goes through you'll probably see this with a higher profile series.

Some companies also have unrealistic numbers. They sell 1m in Japan and they think the game is worth that in America (for licensing), but it won't ever sell nearly as much here as it did there.

Well, with something like Lunar, I wouldn't be asking them to take the next step in RPG evolution... Lunar 1 & 2 weren't all that different, I'd just want a third story. Then again, if Dragon Song was any indication, then maybe it's not such a great idea.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#10 Dynamite   Shazam! CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

A lot of the tiers don't really appeal to me. Judging by the progress it has made, I do not think that it will succeed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

A lot of the tiers don't really appeal to me. Judging by the progress it has made, I do not think that it will succeed.

And of course, instead of trying this again with a game people actually give half a Fuck about, Vic will lament how poorly it did and will never try it again.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#12 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1493 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'd rather there be a kickstarter for VC3 but hey.

They've kinda hinted that's in the works. But most likely this business model needs to be proven first (hence them starting with a really niche title), so it probably will never happen...
Posted Image