This year's PAX Prime takes place from Friday, August 31st
to Sunday, September 2nd
.ALL passes are SOLD OUT.
The schedule's up! Here's the link - http://prime.paxsite.com/scheduleAccommodations and TransportationHotel registrationPAX Train
This is an annual event where PAX goers ride the same Amtrak train (the Coast Starlight from LA) up to Seattle. I can't find any information for this year's yet, but with the way the passes sold out, I'm guessing it's fully booked by now. The PAX Train Twitter seems to be down for the time being
A map of the route is here
(PDF).Flights / Rental Cars
is a handy tool for airplane ticket price comparisons.
- The hotel registration link above also has sections for flights and cars, along with discount codes. Here they are:
- American Airlines - 5% discount - Code: 6882AW
- Delta - 2-7% discount - Code: NM8EH
- Avis - 5% dscount - Code: D629073
- Note that if you're coming in from out of town by plane or train, you should not
need a rental car. Downtown Seattle is very walkable, especially if you're in a hotel close to the convention center, and there is public transit both from the airport
and close to Amtrak
- The convention center's food is expensive, of course. One of the more reasonable places there is the Juicy Cafe
- True cheapasses may want to bring their own drinks and snacks for the day. There's a supermarket
downtown that's pretty decent.
- For breakfast last year, my husband and I (and a lot of other PAX-goers) hit up Specialty's
quite a bit. There's also the option of buying muffins, etc. at the supermarket
- As for any other restaurants, suggestions welcome Parties
- For the latest info, there's the PAX Parties
- zenprime also suggests the following two links for par-tay information: http://www.sidequest...rties-and-more/
and http://forums.penny-...2012-parties/p1Other Events
- CAG Meetup!
Tentatively scheduled for after the closing ceremonies. See the OP for info.
- PAX Pokemon League
- Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event
: Aug. 31 (Friday), 1-9 PM at the ACT Theater (700 Union Street). Timed to coincide with a similar event in Tokyo.Useful Twitter Accounts
- official account with updates and such. Highly recommended.
- PAX Lines
- information about lines for panels, concerts, etc. Probably the most helpful PAX-related Twitter after the official account.
- PAX Parties
- party and meetup information.
- PAX Tourney
- tournament information.
- PAX Pokemon League
- see above.
Edited by blueshinra, 25 August 2012 - 12:46 AM.