This is a continuation of the previous thread which was close to reaching the 5,000 post mark.
Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.
Code drops are allowed in this thread. I just ask that you state that you have a code available and let the interested parties send you a pm to obtain it.
If you have code drops, please post them in here:
Here are some helpful resources as well as a short FAQ file:
Game Review & Deal Sites
If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.
Price Drop Sites
• 148 Apps
• App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
• Free App Alert
• Touch Arcade
• Free App A Day
App & Game Review Sites
• IGN Wireless
• MacLife iPad
• MacLife iPod/iPhone
• Slide to Play
• Touch Arcade
• Touch Gen
• TUAW Games
Free App Offers:
• Crate and Barrel is currently giving away a variety of apps, music, and books for free. Some apps of note are ones found on the recommended list. For more information check out the following link:
• Get The Download by Crate and Barrel
Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).
YouTube Video Reviews
• iPad Game Reviews
• iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews
Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games support this.
Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs.
General iOS FAQ
1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
5. Apps can be re-downloaded from your iOS device. To do this open the App Store and look for a tab called "Purchased". From here you can re-download any previously purchased apps.
6. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
7. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
8. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.
9. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.
10. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.
Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice.
Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch).
Italic are iPad only.
^ are retina optimized for the iPad.
* are iPhone 5/5th gen iPod Touch optimized.
Some game developers/companies like to offer free versions which are usually demos of the full version and a great way to check out and determine if you will actually like a particular game without paying anything. Some game developers/companies like Zynga, however, like to offer free, AD-Supported, versions of their games which means you get the full game, but it features ads and by buying the paid version you remove those ads. AD-Supported games are noted as such.
Tiny Wings* (iPad Version^),
Angry Birds* (iPad Version^), Seasons* (iPad Version), Rio* (iPad Version), Space* (iPad Version^), Star Wars* (iPad Version^),
Bad Piggies* (iPad Version),
Doodle Jump* (iPad Version^),
Fruit Ninja* (iPad Version),
Cut the Rope* (iPad Version^), Experiments* (iPad Version^),
World of Goo (iPad Version^),
Flight Control (iPad Version),
Flight Control Rocket^,
Spy Mouse (iPad Version^),
Where's My Water^*,
Where's My Perry^*
Tilt to Live* (iPad Version^),
Galaxy on Fire 2^*,
Espgaluda II (iPad Version^),
Dodonpachi Resurrection (iPad Version^),
Radiant* (iPad Version^),
N.O.V.A. (iPad Version),
N.O.V.A. 2 (iPad Version),
Infinity Blade II^*,
Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus (iPad Version),
Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation^,
Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour^*,
Dead Space* (iPad Version),
Wolfenstein 3D Classic
Age of Zombies: Anniversary^,
Minigore (iPad Version),
Minigore 2: Zombies^*,
Jet Ball Premium* (iPad Version^),
Super Mega Worm^*,
Pac-Man Championship Edition,
Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP^*,
Broken Sword: Director's Cut^*,
Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered^*,
Back to the Future: The Game^*,
Back to the Future Ep 2 HD,
Back to the Future Ep 3 HD,
Back to the Future Ep 4 HD,
Back to the Future Ep 5 HD,
League of Evil^*,
League of Evil 2^*,
Kami Retro* (iPad Version^),
Soosiz (iPad Version),
Robot Wants Kitty,
Beyond Ynth* (iPad Version^),
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor* (iPad Version^),
Rayman Jungle Run^*
Robot Unicorn Attack* (iPad Version^),
Temple Run: Brave^*,
Temple Run 2^*,
Temple Run: Oz^*
Plants vs. Zombies (iPad Version^),
The Creeps! (iPad Version),
Epic War TD Pro (iPad Version^),
Sentinel Mars Defense,
Sentinel Earth Defense,
Anamoly Warzone Earth* (iPad Version^*)
Ash II: Shadows^,
Chaos Rings (iPad Version),
Eternal Legacy (iPad Version),
Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana ),
The Bard's Tale^*,
Baulder's Gate: Enhanced Edition^
Bejeweled* (iPad Version^),
Rail Maze Pro (iPad Version^),
Heroes of Kalevala* (iPad Version^),
Flow Free: Bridges^*,
Labyrinth 2* (iPad Version^),
Pathlink - Sudoku Style Logic Game^*,
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer^,
Card Shark Collection (Deluxe)^*,
Dice With Buddies^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Fairway Solitaire (iPad Version^),
Solitaire^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Freecell^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Spider Solitaire^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*),
Magic: The Gathering 2013^
Game Dev Story,
Hot Springs Story,
Mega Mall Story,
The Sims 3*,
Yoot Tower (Think Sim Tower!)
Civilization Revolution* (iPad Version^),
Legendary Wars* (iPad Version^*),
Flick Kick Field Goal^,
Super Stickman Golf,
Super Stickman Golf 2*
Street Fighter IV,
Street Fighter IV Volt,
Street Fighter II Collection,
Street Fighter X Tekken Mobile^,
King of Fighters-i002
Real Racing 3^*,
Real Racing 2* (iPad Version^),
Asphalt 6 (iPad Version^),
Asphalt 7: Heat^*,
Need for Speed: Most Wanted^*,
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (iPad Version),
Need for Speed: Shift (iPad Version),
Disc Drivin'* (iPad Version^),
Jet Car Stunts^,
Airport Mania (iPad Version),
Roads of Rome (iPad Version
Catan (iPad Version^),
Scrabble* (iPad Version^),
Words With Friends* (Free, Ad-Supported Version*) (iPad Version^ (Free, Ad-Supported iPad Version^)),
Reiner Knizia's Samurai,
Puerto Rico HD,
Ticket To Ride: Pocket (iPad Version^(Which includes the Europe/Switzerland maps found in the aforementioned Europe Pocket))
Ticket To Ride: Europe Pocket,
Reiner Knizia's Tigris & Euphrates,
Le Havre (The Harbor)^
Monopoly* (iPad Version^)
Scramble With Friends* (Free, Ad-Supported Version*),
Wordament* (You can earn Xbox Live achievements through this game!),
What's the Phrase^* (Free, Ad-Supported Version^*)
MovieCat (iPad Version),
You Don't Know Jack^*
Pictureka (iPad Version),
Awakening: The Dreamless Castle HD
Google Chrome Browser^*,
CNN* (iPad Version^),
Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus* (Free, Ad-Supported Version*) (iPad Version^ (Free, Ad-Supported iPad Version^)),
QR Reader* (iPad Version^),
Shazam* (iPad Version^),
Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test*,
Steam Mobile by Valve^* (Yes, THAT Steam, ),
TV Guide Mobile^*,
TuneIn Radio Pro^*,
Kohl's (iPad Version),
Newegg Mobile* (iPad Version^),
Sears (iPad Version),
Target* (iPad Version^),
Toys "R" Us* (iPad Version^),
Walmart* ([URL="http://www.appshopper.com/lifestyle/walmart-for-ipad"]iPad Version^)
Edited by shrike4242, 11 February 2013 - 08:29 PM.