- - - - -

Anarchy Reigns (360/PS3) $30 confirmed MSRP pre-order @ Amazon (and other retailers)

#1 Sway   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2708 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

:360:http://www.amazon.co...=Anarchy Reigns
:ps3:http://www.amazon.co...=Anarchy Reigns (priced dropped to $29.99 on 10/19)

Finally, gamers in the West can get their hands on #AnarchyReigns Jan 8 in North America for $29.99 and Jan 11 in Europe for £19.99/€24.99!

Thanks to excellen for the info, $30 is the MSRP so you may want to cancel your orders and wait for a price below MSRP.

So a quick (and probably incomplete summary)
Spoiler

It has a new release date of January 8 (according to Amazon).

It's set to release March 2013.

Edited by Sway, 19 October 2012 - 03:43 PM.
Updated title and fixed Gamestop/Newegg links

#2 rogus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Thanks. I went ahead and preordered.

#3 ShoeGamer19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

ShoeGamer19

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Thanks OP! Amazon charges you once the game has been released correct?

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#4 Sway   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2708 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Thanks OP! Amazon charges you once the game has been released correct?

If you're paying with a credit card, you won't be charged until it ships. If you're using a gift card balance, that amount will be set aside for the order.

#5 ShoeGamer19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

ShoeGamer19

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Alright thanks very much..$30 for a new release isn't too bad.

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#6 shadow17x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadow17x

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

This game is not worth even $30. I played the Japanese version at a friend's house and can say that the game gets old REALLY quick. It's ridiculously repetitive and even all the other characters don't offer enough variability in game play to make it worth-while. This is a renter at best.

#7 PublikDefender  

PublikDefender

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

i just ordered from amazon but a $5 promotion was applied and the total was only $24.99. any idea why that is? is this happening for everyone?

#8 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   1717 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

huh, i just ordered but a $5 promotion was applied and the total was only $24.99. any idea why that is?

you probably just had some random promotional credit from a previous order or something

#9 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   43858 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Any idea which of the two platforms is preferable and might be the lead platform?

#10 LegendK1ll3r  

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Canceled my GameStop order from awhile ago and went with this. Thanks!

Posted Image

#11 FatherChesz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

FatherChesz

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

i just ordered from amazon but a $5 promotion was applied and the total was only $24.99. any idea why that is? is this happening for everyone?

I had $5 applied because the release date for Epic Mickey slipped to a Sunday and wasn't eligible for RDD anymore. It could have been for any reason though.

#12 rpg  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Any idea which of the two platforms is preferable and might be the lead platform?

Bayonetta -xbox
Vanquish -ps3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -ps3
Anarchy Reigns my guess -ps3

davey.gif   2014 /2015 <---Completed Games insane.gif

rpg49ers.png platdance.gif

#13 chahi   ICU81MI CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Preordered the 360 version from Amazon. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#14 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   43858 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Bayonetta -xbox
Vanquish -ps3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -ps3
Anarchy Reigns my guess -ps3

I remember well about the mess that was Bayonetta on the 360 vs PS3. Not sure about why Vanquish was better on the PS3 vs 360, though a refresher wouldn't be a bad idea, as I remember it being pretty much a toss-up between the two consoles.

MGR: R was a given for PS3 over 360, so no worries there.

#15 rpg  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

I remember well about the mess that was Bayonetta on the 360 vs PS3. Not sure about why Vanquish was better on the PS3 vs 360, though a refresher wouldn't be a bad idea, as I remember it being pretty much a toss-up between the two consoles.

vanquish
http://www.destructo...sh-165902.phtml

davey.gif   2014 /2015 <---Completed Games insane.gif

rpg49ers.png platdance.gif

#16 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9434 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

So this really is the new MSRP, guess I'm cancelling my GS preorder. Hate that the in store pick up preorder at GS cannot be cancelled online or by emailing CS.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List (Currently inactive, no time to play any games >_<)

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6391 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

For anyone wondering, the game isn't worth 30. The story is simply awful. The gameplay gets old fast. The platinum is short. Online is dying. etc.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#18 themaster20000   You sleeping yet? CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

themaster20000

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Bayonetta was mess on the PS3 since Sega handled that version.After that Platinum made sure to make develop Vanquish themselves for the PS3

#19 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Online is dying.

:roll:

#20 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2505 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Is this the one Matt from Two Best Friends Play did the review of? I'm in for $30!

#21 Forsvaine   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   38 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Forsvaine

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Frankly, if Sega is going to have the balls to delay the game by nearly a year just because, I should hope that I get it for a little cheaper. I've heard a few reasons, like Sega reorganizing their board of directors or something, but delaying it for so long just can't be excused IMO.

Especially when they're sitting on the localized versions. Seriously.
Currently playing
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
:360: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
:pc: Far Cry 3

Currently waiting for

:ps3: Bioshock Infinite

#22 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1926 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Frankly, if Sega is going to have the balls to delay the game by nearly a year just because, I should hope that I get it for a little cheaper. I've heard a few reasons, like Sega reorganizing their board of directors or something, but delaying it for so long just can't be excused IMO.

Especially when they're sitting on the localized versions. Seriously.

I agree, this is a nice price point. My guess is they delayed it so Japanese players didn't import our version instead, since it would be so much cheaper for them. P4: Arena region locked the game to prevent this.

#23 Forsvaine   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   38 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Forsvaine

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

I agree, this is a nice price point. My guess is they delayed it so Japanese players didn't import our version instead, since it would be so much cheaper for them. P4: Arena region locked the game to prevent this.

If that were the case, then they shot themselves in the foot in the western market because they're delaying it for too long. Are they even marketing this game at all now? That's what worries me.

I was a little interested in this game, though. Has anyone here imported it and/or played it? Is it worth waiting on?
Currently playing
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
:360: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
:pc: Far Cry 3

Currently waiting for

:ps3: Bioshock Infinite

#24 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6391 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

If that were the case, then they shot themselves in the foot in the western market because they're delaying it for too long. Are they even marketing this game at all now? That's what worries me.

I was a little interested in this game, though. Has anyone here imported it and/or played it? Is it worth waiting on?

I imported, platinumed and reviewed it (even posted my opinion earlier), so I can tell you it's not worth 30. The gameplay is fun at first, but it quickly gets old. The story is simply awful and doesn't even make a lot of sense. The campaign is only around 5 hours long. The platinum can be done in 3 days. Most of the side characters have virtually no role in the story. The game sold poorly, so the online is slowly dying.

@ Barrit

Not likely. The game was originally planned to sell for 60, so the delay has nothing to do with the new price point. If I was to take a guess, I would say that Sega has no faith in it. The demo was released around the time of E3 and it wasn't there. By a stark contrast they were giving away Hell Yeah! buttons, plus it had a 2+ hour long demo there. Additionally when you consider platinum games sells poorly here, they're not trying to market it AT ALL (Bayonetta wasn't even confirmed for preorder back when Japan was...) or anything at all. Being completely honest here, I can see them scraping it all together.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#25 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1926 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

I imported it. I thought it was pretty fun and had some interesting/funny characters. I've never played Mad World, so everyone was new to me. In story mode you are pretty limited in who you can play, but they also have a mission select option where you are able to choose any of the other characters for all of the stages (once you have cleared that particular stage in story mode). I liked the online mode, but it is hard to find a match. Given the time difference though, I doubt I'm ever on during peak hours for Japan. Like admiralvic said, I read the game didn't sell too well, so that doesn't help. None of the trophies were tied to online mode though, in case that matters to any of you.

#26 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   6428 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

I still have to go to GameStop and cancel my pre-order. When does this game come out?

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#27 tylerh1701   Clap it up, my Hammies CAGiversary!   24197 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

When I pre-ordered it at Gamestop a few months ago, all the research I could scrape up online pointed to the PS3 version being the lead platform.

I still have to go to GameStop and cancel my pre-order. When does this game come out?

Yup, me too. I hope it's not too big of a hassle. Anyway, preordered on Amazon just to make sure to lock in the price. If it turns out $30 really is the MSRP, I may cancel it, haven't decided yet.

EDIT: I hate GameStop.

tylerh1701.png hazgm2d.png

Senior Editor at Inverted Access! Check out our Twitch Channel!

#28 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9434 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

^I have never picked up a preorder from GS, can I just *not* go to the store to pick it up when it releases?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#29 tylerh1701   Clap it up, my Hammies CAGiversary!   24197 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

^I have never picked up a preorder from GS, can I just *not* go to the store to pick it up when it releases?

When I called to try and cancel over the phone (a no-go) the guy said I could just not pick it up and I'd be ok since I didn't put any money down (ordered it online). However in the email confirmation I received it said that they have the authorization to charge my card $5 if I don't pick it up within 48 hours of release. So I kind of don't want that to happen.

tylerh1701.png hazgm2d.png

Senior Editor at Inverted Access! Check out our Twitch Channel!

#30 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9434 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

When I called to try and cancel over the phone (a no-go) the guy said I could just not pick it up and I'd be ok since I didn't put any money down (ordered it online). However in the email confirmation I received it said that they have the authorization to charge my card $5 if I don't pick it up within 48 hours of release. So I kind of don't want that to happen.

Thanks, looks like I will have to go there next time I go catch a movie.

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png