- - - - -

Who did you vote for, Who are you going to vote for and more boring questions :)

#1 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   26812 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Was just bored and wanted to see how everyone voted in the past (why they voted that way try to keep the reply down to 2 or 3 sentences. and who everyone is going to vote for this fall and why and other other little things they had to add

I will start this out to when i started

1992 BUSH VS CLINTON
VOTED CLINTON - why cause bush lied about taxes and thought he was in office way too long

1996 CLINTON VS DOLE
VOTED CLINTON -- why cause i thought he was doing a good job and DOLE was just too old

2000 GORE VS BUSH
VOTED GORE --- why cause i really did not care for bush

2004 BUSH VS KERRY
VOTED DID NOT VOTE ---- Did not think either one of them was worth the vote

2008 OBAMA VS MCCAIN
VOTED DID NOT VOTE --- Obama did not have enough experience and MCCAIN VP picked was awful

2012 OBAMA VS ROMNEY
WILL VOTE ROMNEY --- Obama showed he did not have the experience to be President

Other
Obama loses he should run for congress in the next election and then take some time and see what he did wrong and go back to his roots and stop listening to all of the people whos telling him to do stupid shit .. and RERUN In 2024 after he has more experience .....
WOOOO I STINK

#2 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Just missed 1996 as I turned 18 a week or so after the election, so 2000 was my first year voting.

2000: Gore
2004: Kerry
2008: Obama
2012: Obama

#3 UncleBob  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Interesting...
2000 GORE VS BUSH
Voted for some no-name third (fourth?) party candidate because I was young, brash and didn't care for any of the main stream names.

2004 BUSH VS KERRY
Voted for... wait for it... John Kerry. I really, really didn't like Bush.

2008 OBAMA VS MCCAIN
Chuck Baldwin. Not my favorite candidate ever, but the best of that bunch.

2012 OBAMA VS ROMNEY
Likely, Gary Johnson. Or I'll just take a dump on the ballot and turn it in. Haven't decided which yet... guess I'm an undecided voter.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#4 usickenme   I'm the a-hole CAGiversary!   2495 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

usickenme

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

1988: Dukakis <- first election. Turn 18 the month before
1992: Clinton
1996: Clinton
2000: Gore <- Big fan of his vision, so bummed he "lost"
2004: Kerry <- Didn't like him very much but voted for Party

Yes I am a proud Democrat. Are they perfect, Hell no but they match my beliefs more so than the GOP. And yes, I read the Party Platform every election cycle to verify.

#5 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2257 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

First time voting was in 2008, and I voted for Obama. I had the opportunity to vote in 2004, but frankly, didn't like either candidate very much.

#6 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6352 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yes I am a proud Democrat. Are they perfect, Hell no but they match my beliefs more so than the GOP. And yes, I read the Party Platform every election cycle to verify.

Dukakis? Goddamn, you're old!:lol: I still remember the feeling when it was announced that he lost. It was not a good one.

I missed 96 by a couple weeks like dmaul, but I've voted Democrat in every presidential election. This year will be different.

Btw, I think that the biggest news in this thread is that slidecage is AT LEAST 38 years old.:rofl:

#7 detectiveconan16   Deposit the bottles. CAGiversary!   5158 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Even Speedy left this site and he's over 50!

Batsugunner.png

#8 Temporaryscars   Talks like a Dalek CAGiversary!   23339 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Temporaryscars

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Kerry v Bush - Didn't vote
Obama v McCain - Obama
Obama v Romney - Gary Johnson

#9 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

Bush, bush, mccain, & not sure if ill even vote this time... Prob just stick to halo 4 come election day. Dont care for either

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#10 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Nice, I voted for bush over dukakis in 3rd grade! we made signs. i was 8. prob the frist election i can really remember

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#11 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

1992 BUSH VS CLINTON
Wasn't voting age yet-Would have voted for Bush or Perot, Bush moreso now, as I've come to appreciate that he was one of the best Presidents we've had in a LOOOOONG time

1996 CLINTON VS DOLE
Think I voted Perot.

2000 GORE VS BUSH
Didn't vote because I hated the choices

2004 BUSH VS KERRY

2008 OBAMA VS MCCAIN

2012 OBAMA VS ROMNEY
Told myself I was going to vote just so I felt good, and that vote was going to be for Obama, but the civil liberty thing, the extended, continuing, and threatening of wars that he has been pushing, puts him in the same category as Bush II. Romney is slimey, I don't trust him, I think he is just as (chicken)hawkish as Obama, and further ruin America's image overseas. Now I will either not vote because I hate the choices, or write in Ron Paul. It will be fun to see how many write-ins he gets in Oregon. He is very popular here, so I suspect it may actually register.

The only Republican I can think of who I would vote for next election (after Obama crushes Romney in this one) is Chris Christie. I like that he's an anti-politician of sorts, he stands by his views instead of changing based on recent polls (for good and for bad), and frankly...I just get a kick out of him. Assuming Santorum and Bachmann consider running again, I would vote for Hitler over those two (if it weren't for that pesky non-citizen thing)

I don't have a clue who would run for the Democrats, but if it was a compelling choice it would be a hard election for me. While I like Christie, I'm sure he is polar opposite of me on some important issues. Haven't looked into him enough yet.

#12 Temporaryscars   Talks like a Dalek CAGiversary!   23339 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Temporaryscars

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

I think Ron Paul will be endorsing Gary Johnson on Leno.

#13 iNCREDiPiNOY   This guy is awesome! CAGiversary!   8972 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

iNCREDiPiNOY

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

#14 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

I don't have a clue who would run for the Democrats, but if it was a compelling choice it would be a hard election for me.

Likely front runners for 2016 are Hillary Clinton, Andrew Cuomo (gov. of NY) and Martin O'Malley (gov. of MD).

#15 Temporaryscars   Talks like a Dalek CAGiversary!   23339 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Temporaryscars

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

I heard Kirsten Gillibrand as well.

#16 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Likely front runners for 2016 are Hillary Clinton, Andrew Cuomo (gov. of NY) and Martin O'Malley (gov. of MD).

Clinton still? She has been looking VERY ragged these days. I know there's a double-standard for female politicians and all, but based on her appearance (she's aged significantly, put on a lot of weight) I didn't think she would have a chance or the desire. I could be wrong. I would vote for a kick to the testicles over her though.

Don't know enough about Cuomo or O'Malley to say if they would win my vote over a potential Christie election. I suppose I'll see some other contenders during this week's DNC.

Edit-Oh Fuck me. Apparently Rush Limbaugh basically said the same thing. That's it. I'm going to hell. I despise that miserable fat bastard Rush. Argh.

http://www.news.com....r-1111115148250

#17 RealDeals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

I remember Clinton v (Dole I think it was?) in elementary school and voted for Clinton. I remember we did it in 2004 in high school and and I had no idea who Obama was and I was like WTF? "BAYYRACK OBAMMUHH?". Alan Keys it was *facepalm*. Yeah, torn between voting for Brobama again, leaning towards Johnson but it's one of those "Vote that matters" kind of things.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#18 IRHari   COME ON! CAGiversary!   3812 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Depends where you live I think, if you live in New York or something it won't sway who the state goes to because it's not a swing state, but if you're in PA like me, it's definitely a 'vote that matters'.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#19 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15204 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Clinton still? She has been looking VERY ragged these days. I know there's a double-standard for female politicians and all, but based on her appearance (she's aged significantly, put on a lot of weight) I didn't think she would have a chance or the desire. I could be wrong. I would vote for a kick to the testicles over her though.

What a douche.

How much you want to bet that berzirk is a real porker (or married to one...)

#20 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6352 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

What a douche.

How much you want to bet that berzirk is a real porker (or married to one...)

HAHAHA...he's actually pretty thin or at least he was a couple years ago. He posted some stand up he did in another thread. His material was ok, but timing could've used some improvement along with delivery.

As for being a douche, what libertarian isn't?:lol:

#21 Feeding the Abscess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2671 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
PS3

Feeding the Abscess

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

I don't vote.

If forced at gunpoint, I'd write in Donald Duck or something.

For posterity, I was a neocon in 2004. Glad I decided to lift weights and do wind sprints instead of vote, otherwise I'd have a Bush vote over my head.

Edited by Feeding the Abscess, 05 September 2012 - 02:03 AM.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#22 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15204 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

HAHAHA...he's actually pretty thin or at least he was a couple years ago. He posted some stand up he did in another thread. His material was ok, but timing could've used some improvement along with delivery.

As for being a douche, what libertarian isn't?:lol:

I don't know - some liberatarians just come off as misguided liberals, but this guy isn't one of them. Berzirk has fully absorbed the bigotry and misogyny of the GOP, and he seems to be particularly angry at women.

Was his standup any good? Doug Stanhope is proof that Libertarians can be funny, but I have a feeling that this guy is no Doug Stanhope.

#23 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6352 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

I don't know - some liberatarians just come off as misguided liberals, but this guy isn't one of them. Berzirk has fully absorbed the bigotry and misogyny of the GOP, and he seems to be particularly angry at women.

I don't think he's a misguided liberal either, but there's definitely some dissonance going on with him, especially with his views on Malcolm X; it couldn't be more opposite from how the GOP frames him.

Was his standup any good? Doug Stanhope is proof that Libertarians can be funny, but I have a feeling that this guy is no Doug Stanhope.

Yeah, he was ok. I've seen a lot worse and a lot better. It's a really tough gig, so I'm not going to hold that against him. His politics is another thing though.;)

#24 RealDeals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't like Stanhope? I mean, he has his moments, but he just seems really angry and just complaining instead of actually trying. The "I'm cool enough to smoke while performing" shtick isn't helping either....
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#25 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2161 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

2012: Johnson

And never not vote, there are local elections that are very important, and if you have initiatives this could Fuck up your state beyond all recognition like in California. We have a habit of voting for luxuries and not wanting to pay for them. You fuckers who don't vote could help in that area. If you're going to vote for luxury items, don't vote against taxes.

Edited by Spokker, 05 September 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#26 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15204 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't like Stanhope? I mean, he has his moments, but he just seems really angry and just complaining instead of actually trying. The "I'm cool enough to smoke while performing" shtick isn't helping either....

I don't think Stanhope is the funniest, but something about his act fascinates me. He seems to thrive off of chaos and I find that interesting.

#27 Saint'sRow911   Flip 'Em CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Saint'sRow911

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

McCain vs Obama. Went with McCain pretty much based off experience.

Romney vs Obama. I am leaning towards Romney since I'm really not a huge fan of Obama due to his performance in office. But I haven't made my final decision yet.

#28 UncleBob  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

Can't help but wonder where all this concern for name calling of women was when posters here kept calling Palin a ****.

Oh, that's right - Republican women don't actually count as women.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#29 ID2006   "Klaymen, up here!" CAGiversary!   504 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

Can't help but wonder where all this concern for name calling of women was when posters here kept calling Palin a ****.

Oh, that's right - Republican women don't actually count as women.

Well, I can at least remember this one.

Spoiler

I'm not familiar with the term's history, so I just accept that it's un-objectively hateful and won't use it.

Edited by ID2006, 05 September 2012 - 05:06 AM.
Typo: The Sequel

#30 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Didn't vote until the last election and I unfortunately voted Obama. Not sure I'll vote this year either, as I most certainly will not vote Obama.
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers