- - - - -

Will TWEWY scratch my screen?

#1 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

I have a 3DS XL and The World Ends You, has everyone who has had this game had there screen scratched? (no screen protector btw)

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6887 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

No but you might.

Kidding aside you may want to invest in one, battles can get frantic at times, especially if you're unaccustomed to the battle system.

I use Hori screen protectors and because of TWEWY and Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents they've gotten scratches.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#3 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   3808 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

R. Kasahara

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, the battles in TWEWY can be intense.

Screen protectors are a pain in the neck to apply, but inexpensive and a worthwhile investment. I also use Hori protectors, BTW.
sig.gif
2015 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#4 detectiveconan16   Batbutt. So Jealous. CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

No, and I played the hell out of Elite Beat Agents. Just don't press on the screen too hard and you'll be okay.

Batsugunner.png

#5 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   2903 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Possibly. I had Horis on my DS lite and had scratches on them. Not enough to make the bottom screen hazy but enough that you could see if you put a light on it. Spend the $6-7 if you're anal about the condition of your handhelds. I have screen protectors on all of my handhelds.

#6 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

I have a million scratches on my screen protectors for the DS, each version has been the same. The hori has been the worst, IMO, because when I put it on they got all cloudy and no other screen protector had that problem, along with scratches. Now I just buy the super cheap protectors from ebay, they work perfectly. I really don't care how much my protectors get scratched as I can replace them for a few pennies.

#7 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17116 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

I have a million scratches on my screen protectors for the DS, each version has been the same. The hori has been the worst, IMO, because when I put it on they got all cloudy and no other screen protector had that problem, along with scratches. Now I just buy the super cheap protectors from ebay, they work perfectly. I really don't care how much my protectors get scratched as I can replace them for a few pennies.

Did you forget to take the top part of the screen protector off? That part gets really cloudy and scratched where as the part underneath it doesnt.

#8 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20026 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

No, and I played the hell out of Elite Beat Agents. Just don't press on the screen too hard and you'll be okay.

Scratches don't appear just because you're gentile, they appear because of friction between your stylus (or finger) and dirt, grim, or other foreign particles on the screen-- even the slightest amount can damage your screen...

I still have my original Hori screen protector (purchased from Play-Asia just before) for my DSL. I don't know if they changed how they're made but on the one I have, you can wipe the screen with a cloth damped in rubbing alcohol and it'll basically revert back to brand new condition.

I'm pretty sure they're all still made that way but nobody seems to know about this trick.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#9 keigetsu   Doesn't Like Pirates CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

I've never had problems with Hori protectors (for DSL, DSi, and 3DS/XL), so I'd suggest them as well.

I played TWEWY for quite a while and the protector I had was covered in visible scratches from it. Personally I think any heavily touchscreen-controlled game warrants a screen protector. They're cheap enough that it's a worthy investment if you think you might want to sell or trade your DS later. Plus, if it turns out you do scratch your screen then there's no going back.