- - - - -

GoHastings: Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold Premium Edition

#1 Ninjouzata   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Ninjouzata

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not.

I happened to be scrolling through GoHastings and noticed that they were taking pre-orders for the game listed in the title.

http://www.gohasting...E&sku=289815861

There's the link if you want to check it out, but...does it seem a bit strange? (Since they were supposed to only be sold through Amazon and GameStop of US and Canada.)

#2 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

I am in

Man you people are cheap.

#3 Sandrock7383   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Sandrock7383

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

wait, does this mean everyone will be getting a second wave of the game? if so the value is gonna drop, and that is no bueno.

#4 itsoverninethousand   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

itsoverninethousand

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

PAPERTHIN MAILER FTL..I mean chipped..wait nvm. E honda ken.

#5 Nucking Futs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   593 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Nucking Futs

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

I'm in too!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#6 Hybrid5006   White Trash Ballin CAGiversary!   3771 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

I'm in too!

Wherever that store/restaurant in your avatar is... it will be my life goal to find it and open "My Nizzle" to the right of it.

#7 david69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Wherever that store/restaurant in your avatar is... it will be my life goal to find it and open "My Nizzle" to the right of it.

Bahahah so true

#8 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   27297 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not.

I happened to be scrolling through GoHastings and noticed that they were taking pre-orders for the game listed in the title.

http://www.gohasting...E&sku=289815861

There's the link if you want to check it out, but...does it seem a bit strange? (Since they were supposed to only be sold through Amazon and GameStop of US and Canada.)

they could always cancel your order when they find out they never got the stock to sell
WOOOO I STINK

#9 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   15089 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

There's probably a good chance if it got fulfilled they'll just be shipping out the regular edition to everybody, lol. I definitely wouldn't be surprised seeing how Hastings just has terrible luck with CEs, new or used.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#10 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13704 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

There's probably a good chance if it got fulfilled they'll just be shipping out the regular edition to everybody, lol. I definitely wouldn't be surprised seeing how Hastings just has terrible luck with CEs, new or used.

Yeah I think I'm gonna pass on this one.. the hassle doesn't seem worth it to me.

#11 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20101 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

These are supposed to be exclusive to GS and Amazon... I'm guessing this is a mistake.

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#12 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7737 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

I don't know since they also have a separate listing for the regular edition, with different UPC:

http://www.gohasting...u/288553952.uts

#13 Serpentor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5036 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

I'm going to skip... I'm pretty sure it's the CE (the price is different) and Gohasting is pretty legit. I can't support my addiction to CE/LE anymore, unless it's marked down. Thanks for the heads up though.

#14 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Is Atlus seriously going back on their word about this CE? :/

#15 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

Why in the world wouldGoHastings have this?

#16 Cheska19   Fang Banger. CAGiversary!   2222 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

I placed an order, it's not like you can't cancel or return it if it's indeed the wrong item.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 DemiFiendRSA   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

DemiFiendRSA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Is Atlus seriously going back on their word about this CE? :/

It might end up like the deluxe edition of Catherine were it was supposed to be made for pre-orders demand only yet was vastly available for months after launch. I would take Atlus USA words on collector's edition with a grain of salt these days.
Save $5 off your first purchase at glyde.com

#18 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5565 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

Reach Out to the Truth!

#19 Jackie Chandler   Jamanandayo! CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Jackie Chandler

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Why in the world wouldGoHastings have this?

Bro. Change your rage to smarter, greater cause.

#20 brandnew4522   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

brandnew4522

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

In for one. Fingers crossed it works out.

#21 rockx4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

I don't trust Atlus and their "limited" editions anymore after Catherine lol.

#22 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9326 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Lord.. think for one second; if Atlus did decide to make more you honestly think GoHastings would be the first retailer they would release them to?

GTFO. Be honest with yourself. You know this is an error

#23 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Bro. Change your rage to smarter, greater cause.

Nah, I'm not raging, just seriously doubting that gohasting have this

#24 remag   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yea...why would it not go to Best Buy first? But who knows, try the purchase and you might be rewarded.

#25 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9326 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

The only thing I can think of is that GoHastings is a small time regional media store correct?

In the northeast (Maine, NH, MA) we have a store called Bull Moose Music which is similar but I'm sure a little smaller then GoHastings.

They have an Amazon store as well as physical B&M locatins and are notorious for preordering items from Amazon (i.e. exclusives) and reselling them in their stores.

I suppose it is possible GoHastings has done something similar seeing how they have a Amazon store but no way did they get a direct second shipment from Atlus

#26 zappa103   $$$$$ Thrills CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

zappa103

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

OP, You're the best
I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend but I'm a little glowing friend but really I'm not actually your friend.

#27 FoxyPie   Better Than You CAGiversary!   14371 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

The only thing I can think of is that GoHastings is a small time regional media store correct?

In the northeast (Maine, NH, MA) we have a store called Bull Moose Music which is similar but I'm sure a little smaller then GoHastings.

They have an Amazon store as well as physical B&M locatins and are notorious for preordering items from Amazon (i.e. exclusives) and reselling them in their stores.

I suppose it is possible GoHastings has done something similar seeing how they have a Amazon store but no way did they get a direct second shipment from Atlus

Gohastings is a lot bigger than bullmoose, with several stores in multiple states and a thriving online store. So I could see them getting these types of editions without having to buy and resell from Amazon. They are too big for that and there is no point in buying from Amazon and reselling at the same price.

That said, either this is an error or the edition is not limited like they said?

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming events include:  TERRARIA

#28 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9326 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Gohastings is a lot bigger than bullmoose, with several stores in multiple states and a thriving online store. So I could see them getting these types of editions without having to buy and resell from Amazon. They are too big for that and there is no point in buying from Amazon and reselling at the same price.

That said, either this is an error or the edition is not limited like they said?

I don't buy used games but my experience with GoHasting concerning new games and preorder has been petty bush league (commony cancel orders on eBay and their own site) rediculous shipping fees, no combined discount, ship in poly bags (not padded mailers) etc.

I know it makes not sense from a profit stand point but parading around on the internet that you have a rare edition to sell; even at MSRP would drive up traffic and make people remember you.

Again it's a moot point because if Atlus had extra to sell they wouldn't JUST go to GoHastings (bigger fish in the sea)

and if they were printing more then 10,000 their would be press on it

#29 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5168 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

wait, does this mean everyone will be getting a second wave of the game? if so the value is gonna drop, and that is no bueno.

People still invest in video games?

#30 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

You know what be really scary/sad this might actually go through, and amazon/gamestop would bail on us kinda like with Virtue's Last reward. I'm just saying someone from CAG might pull a Better Business Bureau on that!