- - - - -

Borderlands 2 PC Key £11.99 at Simplygames

#1 JostVice   CAG in Training CAG in Training   25 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

JostVice

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

So Borderlands 2 CD KEY Download for PC £11.99 on Simplygames!

The game is steamworks so the key activates on steam

PD As i am a new user I can't post links!
PD2 I used the search engine and couldn't find anything about this!

#2 KhrevalBruuk   got orc? CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

KhrevalBruuk

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Here's a link: http://www.simplygam...KEY-Download-PC

I've not ordered from them and can't vouch for 'em.

Just my $0.02 -- spend them as you see fit.

KB

#3 SEH   Paul's sister is an alien CAGiversary!   4024 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

While you may get a totally working key, there is also the chance Steam will revoke it. I personally never trust these random key sites. If I want a key for something, its GMG or bust.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#4 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   7806 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Not like GMG is the only reputable site to get Steamworks games/keys from. Amazon, Gamer's Gate, Gamestop, Gamefly, and Getgamesgo are always reliable third party merchants.

#5 Meatyflakes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Meatyflakes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Personally I haven't used the site before, but it does work out to about $20.00 which is pretty great, not earthshattering. Doing a little research, it seems legit tho.
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#6 SEH   Paul's sister is an alien CAGiversary!   4024 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Not like GMG is the only reputable site to get Steamworks games/keys from. Amazon, Gamer's Gate, Gamestop, Gamefly, and Getgamesgo are always reliable third party merchants.

I know this, but 95% of the time GMG has the best deals, so I pretty much just exclusively deal with them if I'm buying PC games outside of Steam.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#7 JostVice   CAG in Training CAG in Training   25 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

JostVice

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

While you may get a totally working key, there is also the chance Steam will revoke it. I personally never trust these random key sites. If I want a key for something, its GMG or bust.

Why would steam revoke it? I mean, what are the reasons for steam to do that? stolen keys only? or selling under value is another reason too?

#8 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16549 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Why would steam revoke it? I mean, what are the reasons for steam to do that? stolen keys only?

Well, that could be one reason...if it's actually stolen...

or selling under value is another reason too?

Regional pricing can be MUCH different in different territories - especially if you're from the USA and you're buying outside of there in a totally different currency (i.e. pounds).

Also depends on what kind of key you're getting, too - i.e. if it has any sort of region attached to it.
Sometimes they do; sometimes they don't.
Usually, that's enforced by either Valve; and/or 3rd party publishers; and/or game distributors.

EDIT:

And if you live in the USA, they usually sell you keys priced in your own currency of US $, too.

#9 Saablic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Why would steam revoke it? I mean, what are the reasons for steam to do that? stolen keys only? or selling under value is another reason too?

They can revoke the game or ban your account if it is from an unauthorized reseller. I am not saying that is the case for this one but there have been a few sites that sell Russian keys because they are sold much cheaper there to help combat the rampant piracy.

#10 Chux   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Yeah so I ordered this at 9:30AM Est and haven't gotten a key yet. 15 minutes my ass.

Oh well, it was only $20 and I'm sure it'll be refunded.

#11 Leumas Krap   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Leumas Krap

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

let me know if the site is legit

#12 Chux   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Just received my key, took a day, and I'm at work so I can't redeem it.

#13 rayshon1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

rayshon1

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

They can revoke the game or ban your account if it is from an unauthorized reseller. I am not saying that is the case for this one but there have been a few sites that sell Russian keys because they are sold much cheaper there to help combat the rampant piracy.

Do you personally think there's a high chance of this being revoked?

#14 gnargnargnar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

gnargnargnar

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Do you personally think there's a high chance of this being revoked?

Maybe, maybe not. For me, peace of mind that I won't log in one day and find my game deactivated is worth a few extra bucks.

I'm with the guys above, there is only a list of 5 or 6 places that I will buy steam keys from.

The game has been out for almost 3 months already, it won't be long before sales in the $25 range are the norm. Nvidia vouchers for the game can be had for $20-$25 still.

I paid near $35 on release (thanks, GMG) and I don't regret it.

Is this site legit? Maybe. Does it make me wonder why a site I never heard of is selling keys for a lot less than the big players who can probably work out better deals with the publisher? Definitely. Is it your money to spend regardless of what I think? Yes, sir.
Posted Image

#15 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   2576 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

I agree completely with gnargnargnar. I never buy Steam keys from these kinds of sites (simply games). Just not worth it, and I'd rather know my money goes towards the developers than some sketchy key site.

#16 Leumas Krap   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Leumas Krap

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Just received my key, took a day, and I'm at work so I can't redeem it.

how did it go? legit?

#17 Chux   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yeah. Played last night w/ no issues. Redeemed as Borderlands 2 Retail.

#18 loomis1975   Cell Block CAG CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Thats good to hear. Only keys I have had revoked by Steam where ones I got off Ebay and they always redeemed as being from somewhere in the former Soviet Bloc. :)