He ran out of room and time to enjoy the collection and took it to Ebay to sell, and is asking $500,000 (plus shipping) for it, here's the listing.
PDF listing of everything he owns
He's got pretty much every LE system or variant ever made from the last few generations, plus things I wouldn't admit I'd own (N-gage, seriously) and some cool and very rare items as well.
Here's portion of his collection that isn't on the Ebay listing.
The auction includes:
- Over 6850 games, with about 6780 boxed and 70 loose, and are in various format NTSC Japan or USA and also PAL.
- Over 330 consoles, with 307 system boxed and 24 loose, and even in this case we have all the different standards.
- About 220 controller with 167 boxed and 52 loose. I included all the kind of controller, from the simple joypad to the special controller like all the Konami Bemani to the Densha De Go train controller, and the arcade joystick as well.
- About 185 accessories, and in this category I put the ac adapters, the various av cables, the rumble packs, the memory cards, battery packs, the converters for the region locked games, and various other items like screens, printers etc.
- The promo and various items are composed by promotional items like soudtracks or gadgets relate to a specific game or console, demo disc not for sale, limited edition item like the resident evil umbrella box or the Kratos twin blades, various action figures, strategy guides etc.etc.
From what I saw when briefly looking, he's got from pre-Atari 2600 thru PS3/360 in the collection. Most of the collection are complete games with box and manual (he's even got a complete Mother collection including an Earthbound Zero repro cart, I point this out because many people have been focusing on those items)
I have a modest collection compared to this guy, (but large compared to most normal people. ) I kinda feel sorry for him though collecting all that stuff and not getting to enjoy any of that, defeats the purpose though.
Anyway thought I'd share this since it seems many had not seen it. I'd bet shipping is gonna be killer though.
Best quote: It took him two months, 8 hours a day to take over 10,000 pictures and to get a decent idea (catalog) what he had so he could list it in the auction....wow, that's just insane.
News stories on listing:
Edited by uncle5555, 10 February 2013 - 01:54 AM.