Taken from Plastic Jungle's website:
"Plastic Jungle, a trusted Best Buy® Reward Zone® partner, allows you to turn other retailer's gift cards into Best Buy Reward Zone points. The offer for your gift card is determined by the market rate which is influenced by the card's brand, seasonality, and other factors. The exchange is done securely and instantly when you click on the "Accept this Offer" button. You will receive an email confirming order completion and will have the Reward Zone points deposited to your Reward Zone account within one business day."
Things to know and consider when attempting a gift card trade:
- You must have a minimum of $25 on retailer gift card
- It should take within 1 business day to receive exchange
I calculated approximate exchanges on the following retailers and this is what I got:
- $25 Walmart gift card = ~$23 (92%)
- $25 Target gift card = ~$22 (89.5%)
- $25 GameStop gift card = ~$20 (81%)
- $25 Kmart gift card = ~$21 (84%)
- $25 Toys R Us gift card = ~$20 (80%)
This is definitely an excellent program to take advantage of when you're hoping to get a game from Best Buy and have a gift card to less desired retailer.