- - - - -

GameStop Ad for 4/17 - 4/23

#1 Hydelloon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Hydelloon

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

http://www.gamestop....13/default.aspx

Injustice: Gods Among Us $59.99
Season Pass $14.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset $20.00 off with purchase of a new copy of Injustice.

Another lackluster week.

#2 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2243 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Best thing is the deal on Ragnorok Odyssey.

#3 SuperMario64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

SuperMario64

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

yawn...

#4 SunDevil77   Host With the Most CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

SunDevil77

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

I really hope that isn't the real boxart for Arkham Origins

#5 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10843 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

that ragnorok odyssey deal is good. its lookin even better for me if the used price drops too. not to mention i wont get taxed, thanks op ! and to the people complaining about gamestop they arent that bad lmao
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#6 MildObstruction   I'd be happy if they simply reintroduced The Last Guardian CAGiversary!   11546 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

Best thing is the deal on Ragnorok Odyssey.

Something to keep in mind, updated version of Ragnarok coming.

http://www.joystiq.c...ey-coming-west/

MildObstruction.png

#7 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

Like the heads up for the red chrome controller. Need to pick one of those up. (Or two if I really like it)

xivpads.png

#8 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10843 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

there is ? is it like what capcom are doing with dragons dogma ?
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#9 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   25962 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

there is ? is it like what capcom are doing with dragons dogma ?

Pretty much. It's got everything the original game had plus more. I think the Japanese version gives you bonuses if you had save data from the original Ragnarok Odyssey (could be wrong), but I'm not sure if that's going to apply for us.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Batman: Arkham Knight; Shadow Warrior :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Valiant Hearts (4.25/5) :vita: Super Exploding Zoo (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#10 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2198 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

With the upcoming expansion/1.5 and all the bad reviews, Ragnorok Odyssey should be $20, max.

#11 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

well the Arkham City GOTY art was pretty bad...so I wouldn't but it past them.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#12 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10843 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

now im thinking about waiting for ragnorok, thanks guys !
Currently playing

690739.png

#13 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

now im thinking about waiting for ragnorok, thanks guys !

The core game is fun I think. I poured 20 hours into, however haven't completed it yet. (Lots of grinding opportunities for items.)

I am definitely going to pick up Ace when it becomes available. (Especially if it comes out with another collectors edition).

xivpads.png

#14 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1442 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Wow I never heard about that. I never got into the game...can anyone recommend it? If so I guess I'll hold out for this updated version
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#15 Confidance   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

What is with EA constantly dropping all their games to $39.99 two weeks after release?

#16 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

What is with EA constantly dropping all their games to $39.99 two weeks after release?

I imagine sales are not as good as they are expecting. However, I am sure retailers got the games on the cheap for their Bulk orders and allows them leeway for sales such as this.

xivpads.png

#17 Blumpkin   Lunar Lander CAGiversary!   2807 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Underperforming sales. Although EA management will surely deny it, it's probably in large part due to fan reaction to their ultra shitty business decisions such as DRM and microtransactions.

I would have gotten Dead Space 3 at launch, but because of the microtransaction business model I still haven't considered picking it up. And don't even get started on Sim City.

My backlog is bigger than your collection. 

#18 gotdott   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Underperforming sales. Although EA management will surely deny it, it's probably in large part due to fan reaction to their ultra shitty business decisions such as DRM and microtransactions.

I would have gotten Dead Space 3 at launch, but because of the microtransaction business model I still haven't considered picking it up. And don't even get started on Sim City.

It might have something to do with sales but I think this is just something they have adopted for the majority of their launches over the last 2-3 years. Even Battlefield 3 hit $40 shortly after despite a spectacular launch.

#19 sherlock2g   TURN UP! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Finally, Ragnorok Odyssey dropped in price. Too bad it's not $20 or I would have jumped on it.

#20 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12486 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

EA is the new Ubisoft for MSRP drops on almost everything except their biggest hit titles, and even those drop pretty quickly at least for a short time.

#21 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

They had a similar placeholder for Arkham City when it was first announced, we should see the real cover within a few months when more details are released.

#22 Shadowzant   CAG in Training CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Shadowzant

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

The only good thing I saw in this ad was the reminder that Soul Hackers comes out tomorrow...might have to pick it up.

#23 TheCollegeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

TheCollegeGamer

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

EA is the new Ubisoft for MSRP drops on almost everything except their biggest hit titles, and even those drop pretty quickly at least for a short time.

Isn't AC Ubi's biggest hit? I think the problem here is that EA doesn't have an annualized 'biggest hit' except for maybe FIFA or Madden.

#24 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

The only good thing I saw in this ad was the reminder that Soul Hackers comes out tomorrow...might have to pick it up.

I've been so on the fence about soul hackers. With soul sacrifice and an ongoing monster hunter fixation, I'm probably gonna skip this one for now.

#25 Neku233   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Surprised the Ad doesn't mention Pandora's Tower oh well then

#26 argyle  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Surprised the Ad doesn't mention Pandora's Tower oh well then

Not surprising, a JRPG released at this point on the Wii (which is for all intents and purposes a dead system) is the definition of a niche game. Main reason why I have mine preordered, because it's a safe bet that they aren't going to print very many copies of that one.
Posted Image

#27 Neku233   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Not surprising, a JRPG released at this point on the Wii (which is for all intents and purposes a dead system) is the definition of a niche game. Main reason why I have mine preordered, because it's a safe bet that they aren't going to print very many copies of that one.

That is a good point I just paid mine off today

#28 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1463 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

That is a good point I just paid mine off today

Paid mine off today as well and they said they have no idea when they will get their copies in. Hopefully this week though.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#29 midlifecrisisMkII  

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thanks Hydelloon (OP) for the link. Nothing for me. I've spent enough on the 50% Selected Used Games sale. My wallet needs a rest.

Edited by midlifecrisisMkII, 15 April 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#30 ohnoitschris   rainmaker CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ohnoitschris

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Dat red chrome 360 controller. Unf. Too bad it's $54.99, that's pretty expensive when I've already got four working controllers.