The Official League seems to be on it's final season for Madden 13, so I thought it would be a good time to see if there is any interest in doing tournaments between the end of the Madden 13 season and when Madden 25 comes out. I will be using Challonge.com to host the bracket and I will post seeding guidelines/rules below.
The target date for the first tournament to start is May 3rd. The deadline for signing up will be May 1st 6 PM EST.
EDIT: Because the playoffs for the initial league have gone on longer than expected and seeding won't be finalized for a few days, i have pushed signups out until Friday 05/03/2013 at 6:00 PM Est.
Important Bracket Links-
Here is the link to the bracket- http://challonge.com/u9sup6ac
The following link will allow you to sign up for the tournament if you don't mind becoming a member of the Challonge.com website. If you don't want to become a member, then just post below or send me a PM and i'll add you to the bracket.
Sign Up Link- http://challonge.com...gnup/PQJ6VdBFo7
People that participated in the Official League will be guaranteed a seed higher than someone that did not participate in the league. To seed people from the Official Leage, the first tiebreak is overall record(total wins, then win percentage), because there were numerous times where people just didn't have as many games played but had obviously better win percentages there were a few times i made judgement calls. The second tiebreak is playoff record(Playoffs wins, then win percentage, then playoff appearances). If they are still tied after that, then a committee of 3 selected members will vote on it. We'll have to discuss how to seed players that did not participate in the official league. My hopes are that some volunteers from the Gentleman's League would volunteer to help seed them.
These will be discussed and updated as we approach the tournament.
The Tournament will be Double Elimination. The winner of the losers bracket will have to beat the winner of the winners bracket twice to win the tournament.
Team Selection- Each person has to submit a list of 3 teams before each tournament. These will be the only teams that they are able to use during that tournament. You can change your teams until the listed deadline for signup, just make sure to point out if you are changing your teams.
Game Settings- Will be played at the standard 5 minutes per quarter with accell clock off. Difficulty will be at All Pro. Higher seed is the home team and Weather should be set for clear. Any games not set for these settings should be restarted. If neither team notices before the end of the first quarter, then both parties have to agree to a restart. If one team wants to keep playing, then the game should be finished.
EDIT: Conventional Playcalling unless both parties agree to Gameflow.
Game Play Styles-
Lineups- I expect everyone to set up their lineups before the game in your menus. No one will be required to keep the game paused so you can change your entire lineup.
Participants- Seed- Gamertag/Cag- Team 1/Team 2/Team 3
1. Doomtime/Doomtime - Falcons, Steelers and Texans
2. Chetty12/Chetty12 - Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills
3. MasterAwsome/MasterAwsome- Browns, Titans, Giants
4. Ramesuthe1/Ramesuthe1 - Seahawks, Cowboys and Redskins
5. Hemingway12/Hemingway012 - Packers, Falcons, and Bengals
6. mog3526/augmog - Ravens, Raiders and Bears
7. sprice20/sprice8688 - Lions, Ravens and Seahawks
8. Bseti50/Bseti50 - Patriots, Bengals and Seahawks
9. L4WII/Cool_iAM - Ravens, Broncos and Eagles
10. Doo Mane/Doo Mane- Eagles, Jets, Raiders
11. Man2008/Man2008- Redskins, 49ers, Texans
12. Og Whitewidow/ Og Whitewidow- Patriots, Giants, Broncos
13. DVO21/DVO21- 49ers, Packers, Falcons
14. Deuce20602/Deuce20602 - Panthers, 49ers and Bengal
15. X Matt Young X/Matt Young- Packers, Broncos, 49ers
16. hotitlnstln/itlnstln- Lions, Ravens, Packers
17. bakenator11/jbake_11- Giants/49ers/Cowboys
18. Sicsonic/sicsonic- Seahawks, Texans, Vikings
Edited by Chetty12, 03 May 2013 - 10:56 PM.