- - - - -

WTF?!? 1up.com gives me viruses!

#1 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13298 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Bayonetta 2
Wii U

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:19 AM

Fuck 1up.com! I was browsing multiple sites at once, and my viruscan came up with a virus. I was shocked, since all the sites I was on were sites I frequent. I made sure they got deleted, and to test it out, I closed all the browsers. I then opened one and went to 1up, and sure enough, got the message again! Grabbed a screen of it too. Just a heads up.

http://img.photobuck...9/rig85/1up.jpg

#2 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:33 AM

Any chance of an enlarged picture so we can see what you're talking about?

/edit:

Odd...why isn't my pic showing up? It does when I edit my post...

Because it says 'Fuck' in the filename.

Doesn't matter, it's so small you can't read anything anyway.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! CAGiversary!   3401 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:46 AM

Most likely put up a new cookie or some bullshit like that.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#4 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13298 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Bayonetta 2
Wii U

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:53 AM

http://img.photobuck...9/rig85/1up.jpg

How's that?

#5 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15211 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:55 AM

maybe its an affiliate ad's flash file? I dunno, i never visit that site.

#6 crazytalkx   Yes!! CAGiversary!   5590 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

crazytalkx

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:08 AM

This is why I like being on ME, I can tell what the popup ads are easily.

#7 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18058 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:09 AM

Never had an issue myself with 1up.com Rig....don't know what to say. Could have been perhaps from another site that has its virus/trojan embedded in your system. Oh, by the way, which Virus scanner is that. It looks familiar, but i can't remember.

And my recommendation by the way is to download a program called Ewido Anti Trojan and scan with it and post what comes up with it. Also, you may want to switch browsers ;)

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#8 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13298 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Bayonetta 2
Wii U

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:14 AM

Never had an issue myself with 1up.com Rig....don't know what to say. Could have been perhaps from another site that has its virus/trojan embedded in your system. Oh, by the way, which Virus scanner is that. It looks familiar, but i can't remember.

And my recommendation by the way is to download a program called Ewido Anti Trojan and scan with it and post what comes up with it. Also, you may want to switch browsers ;)

Before tonight, I've never had a problem with 1up either. I know it's not embedded from somewhere else. I keep my stuff up to date and secure. ;) I'm running my viruscan software (which is McAfee Viruscan, supplied by our schools' network) followed by Spybot, Ad-Aware, and then Spy Sweeper.

I don't really have problems with IE...though Mozilla's not bad. :)

EDIT: Anybody know what email address I can send the pic/complaint to at 1up? I don't really want to go back on the site to find it! :lol:

#9 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58883 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:20 AM

Well, it's a flash file, but there's a ton of flash on 1up's homepage, so it'd be hard to find out what's causing it. I'd think it was an ad that's causing it (possibly that Syphon Filter ad that spreads over the 1up logo?).

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#10 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18058 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:21 AM

Before tonight, I've never had a problem with 1up either. I know it's not embedded from somewhere else. I keep my stuff up to date and secure. ;) I'm running my viruscan software (which is McAfee Viruscan, supplied by our schools' network) followed by Spybot, Ad-Aware, and then Spy Sweeper.

I don't really have problems with IE...though Mozilla's not bad. :)

EDIT: Anybody know what email address I can send the pic/complaint to at 1up? I don't really want to go back on the site to find it! :lol:

Still, I would give a scan with Ewido. That program has found stuff on my computer that all three, Spybot, Ad-Aware, and SpySweeper have missed in the past. And I don't really know the password.

Edit: Oops I said password...meant email address.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#11 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58883 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:25 AM

[email protected]

"As with all bug-related issues, we greatly appreciate any information you can give us regarding your browser and operating system that is displaying the error."

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#12 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13298 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Bayonetta 2
Wii U

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:07 AM

Still, I would give a scan with Ewido. That program has found stuff on my computer that all three, Spybot, Ad-Aware, and SpySweeper have missed in the past. And I don't really know the password.

Got Ewido. Luckily for me, it found nothing.

And I sent them an email.

#13 RAMSTORIA   fate is inexorable CAGiversary!   11980 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

ewwwwwwwwww IE

Posted Image

#14 Maklershed   Feed me a stray cat CAGiversary!   34086 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:45 PM

Thats odd .. Site Advisor isnt showing any complaints about 1up

http://www.siteadvis...es/1up.com?safe

Posted Image

#15 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   3833 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:36 AM

Happens to me everytime i go to the site

#16 Blind the Thief   I want my Mother. CAGiversary!   1650 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Blind the Thief

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:38 AM

ewwwwwwwwww IE

IE 7 > most other browsers.

#17 RiCeBo1   NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:09 AM

IE 7 > most other browsers.

I agree, I prefer IE over Firefox any day

Posted Image