- - - - -

DSL modem help/question....

#1 Viva Las Vegas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1804 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Viva Las Vegas

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:47 AM

I currently have DSL and the modem is in my office. I use a wireless setup for my XBOX that is in the family room far away. The signal gets cut enough that I'm trying to think of a good (wired) alternative. I was thinking of getting another DSL modem and just plug it into a telephone jack next to my XBOX. My question is , would that work? Is it a simple solution or complex? I called my DSL provider and they said I can only have 1 DSL modem, but the woman didn't know why that was. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

#2 Liquid 2   Dutch Dreams CAGiversary!   24368 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

the modem is what connects you to the internet, so you can only use one.

#3 jaykrue   Professor Of Pimpology CAGiversary!   8592 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

Get a wireless range expander. It'll boost the signal so that it'll remain steady.
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#4 yeah-yeah   werd. CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:02 PM

Stronger gain antennae are generally cheaper than a range expander, so you might want to check those out first. What model router do you have?