Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 1-18 $80 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm thanks a lot Gara.. now I'm picking CCS > college text. I kid (kinda), but thanks for heads up! Got my order. I hate missing out on great deals (EVA for $40 *T_T*). And cute Misuzu avatar!

[quote name='animemaniac14']like im REALLY wondering if card captor sakura is worth it...i mean someone check out my collection of anime and tell me if i would like it...link is in my sig ;)[/quote]
Your list is packed full of shonen. So much action! CCS is beyond cute magical girl anime. This and sailor moon are two of my favorite series. Honestly at this price you would not have much trouble flipping it for at least what you paid if you really ended up not enjoying it. CCS may end up converting you to the genre. Behold the beauty of the R2 set and tell me that does not make you hyped for the series.
ccs.jpg

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Mmm thanks a lot Gara.. now I'm picking CCS > college text. I kid (kinda), but thanks for heads up! Got my order. I hate missing out on great deals (EVA for $40 *T_T*). And cute Misuzu avatar![/quote]
I'm running on fumes myself. August was a crazy month of deals and spending for me. I'm beyond happy they got this deal going again though. gao gao stegosaurus

I was going to get this but i can always borrow the series from my friend and I wouldnt have time to watch it anytime soon so i left it for someone else :) That plus I just spent $110 on charmed season 1-5 + Veronica Mars Season 1

I posted a picture on the first page of this thread exactly how I received them, if anyone wants to see what they look like. I think they look pretty cool.

ye...i decided against buying this set...im not a big fan of this type of anime...ill wait til a better deal on something else comes a long :whistle2:D

Woot! Thank so much guys! Im so glad I got into this in time. CCS has to be the most amazing anime I ever seen and given I am abit burnt out on overly violent mainstream stuff its perfect timing!

Woot! Thank so much guys! Im so glad I got into this in time. CCS has to be the most amazing anime I ever seen and given I am abit burnt out on overly violent mainstream stuff its perfect timing!

[quote name='Grico']bleh, they canceled my order for it today. Hopefully it will actually get trough for someone.[/quote]

That's odd? They still seem to be offering it for some reason. A little over a week ago about 15 orders got canned by mistake. Maybe something similer happened? Try contacting customers service and let us know!

[quote name='madara']Woot! Thank so much guys! Im so glad I got into this in time. CCS has to be the most amazing anime I ever seen and given I am abit burnt out on overly violent mainstream stuff its perfect timing![/QUOTE]

[quote name='madara']Woot! Thank so much guys! Im so glad I got into this in time. CCS has to be the most amazing anime I ever seen and given I am abit burnt out on overly violent mainstream stuff its perfect timing![/QUOTE]

ULTRA COMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good news. The cancellation of a lot of the orders seemed to be a system error not a cancellation from Pioneer/Genon. These may still ship.

[quote name='Grico']bleh, they canceled my order for it today. Hopefully it will actually get trough for someone.[/quote]What did the email say?

I got an email just right now,

Thank you for choosing TRSI!!

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We have replaced the order for Cardcaptor Bundle due to a system error. We have also waived the shipping fee. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to release and process the order. We look forward to hearing from you.

I have no idea what that means, but I'll contact them tomorrow to make sure.

[quote name='Grico']bleh, they canceled my order for it today. Hopefully it will actually get trough for someone.[/quote]Ah, dammit. You bought it before me so it looks like I'm out of luck as well. :cry:

EDIT: Not out of lucky, maybe? I'm hopeful, but they haven't charged my credit card yet. Dunno what that means...

[quote name='Grico']bleh, they canceled my order for it today. Hopefully it will actually get trough for someone.[/quote]Ah, dammit. You ordered before me so that means I'm out of luck as well... :cry:

Ahh fuck. Thanks guys, for the update. I haven't been on a computer for a few days (shocking I know). Anyway they cancelled my Cardcapter Sakura, but at least I'm getting the Trigun set. Too bad it doesn't come with an artbox. I might just give it as a gift to some one I know or sell it off and get the newly remixed DVDs that are coming out like what happened with Cowboy Bebop.

[quote name='B:L']What did the email say?

I got an email just right now,

[/FONT]

I have no idea what that means, but I'll contact them tomorrow to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the email is pretty hard to understand in my mind so I emailed them right back to ask what it means. Hopefully tomorrow I will get some clarification. Not that I can really afford to buy the bundle anyway (although of course it is too cheap to pass up)

I called TRSI after I read that e-mail and they confired it was a system error and reinstated my order. Make sure you call them up if you want the order to go through.

Yeah. The store owner Darklord posted in the AOD forum that he messed up the CCS bundle orders by mistakes. He said he has enough in-coming to fill the orders.

I wish this thing would just stay OOS, it's tormenting me... Passing up cheap Geneon stuff is painful. Stop twisting the knife TRSI, some people are poor! Isn't getting me to buy the Tenchi Universe set enough for you?! :headache:

[quote name='eldad9']Back in stock, as are 19 copies of Kimagure Orange Road TV Series Bargain Bundle DVD Set ($125).[/QUOTE]

This is out of print at this point (AnimEigo lost the liscence) and a great series.

about to hop on this deal, but had a quick question for those who received it: out of the 18 discs, were there any problems with any loose discs in the case?

[quote name='ryanlk']about to hop on this deal, but had a quick question for those who received it: out of the 18 discs, were there any problems with any loose discs in the case?[/quote]
Nope! All of mine were secured in their cases, everything looked great.

Is it ok to ask to be convinced to get this? I remember watching this as it was aired on TV in Mexico, and just like all the Animes I truly end up loving, it is because i watched them in my native language, and they were properly (read: not) censored. So it will certaintly win me in the nostalgic factor, but $80 bones is alot, and Im just wondering if starting an Anime collection is a good investment. Im just not a fan-sub kinda guy.

If you like anime, this is a superb deal and a superb series. Did you watch Cardcaptors, or Cardcaptor Sakura? This is the latter. Cardcaptors [in the US] was edited, censored, translated, and shown out of order, in an attempt to churn out another of the 'collecting' anime. Cardcaptor Sakura is subtitled-only, but this is the original, unedited, in-order series.
80 bucks is a lot, but for what you get, it's nothing. That's 4.44 a DVD. Finding *any* dvd for that little is a deal, much less a quality title like CCS. Sakura is not as annoying as what's her name in Sailor Moon, and the show is deeper than that one.
The main characters are a couple of ten year old [or so] girls, and the show is as much about the things that go on in a little girl's life as it is about chasing down the Clow Cards [school, crushes, etc], though it doesn't turn into a hearts-and-flowers girly affair. If that doesn't bother you, I highly recommend this series, especially for the price. If it turns out you don't like it, you could probably flip it and double your money on ebay. FWIW, I'm a 33 year old married male, and this is one of my favorite series, and when my son gets old enough to read and follow it, I would not mind him watching it at all.

An anime collection as a whole is not an investment, however. With few exceptions, titles will virtually always drop in price. For the longest time, the cheapest CCS could be found was 15-20 a disk, then they released the Clow Books for 90 or so each. I've bought lots of series at 20 bucks a disk, then eventually traded up to six-disk box set or thinpak for 20-40 bucks. So don't think of it as an 'investment', only buy titles you're interested in, especially if they're new.
If your options are buying legit releases, or getting fansubs, if the title is available in your region, I highly recommend buying the legit title. Many fansubs are very good translations, but lots of them aren't. And it's better to support the industry so more titles get released. Official releases will almost always be of better quality than the fansubs, and 'fansubbing' as a movement is nowhere near as necessary as it used to be. I can see getting a fansub to check out a few episodes of a title to see if it's worth getting into, I don't necessarily have a problem with that, though I'm sure you could do the same through torrents or other black-market sources.

I know for a fact that it was not the rehash censored version, every episode follows the past one in chornological order (All animes in Mexico did). I think i will get it, but i have an appointment right now that will last 2 hours, hopefully they dont run out till then.

The reason why Ill rather consider it an investment is because i for one imagine Anime more an art than pure entertainment (as im sure many do) maybe in order to get the message across further. I absolutely loved Elfen Lied, for example, among others in my childhood. I just dont want to consider this what my father would "A waste of much needed money as a college student in dept"

[quote name='dtcarson']If you like anime, this is a superb deal and a superb series. Did you watch Cardcaptors, or Cardcaptor Sakura? This is the latter. Cardcaptors [in the US] was edited, censored, translated, and shown out of order, in an attempt to churn out another of the 'collecting' anime. Cardcaptor Sakura is subtitled-only, but this is the original, unedited, in-order series.
80 bucks is a lot, but for what you get, it's nothing. That's 4.44 a DVD. Finding *any* dvd for that little is a deal, much less a quality title like CCS. Sakura is not as annoying as what's her name in Sailor Moon, and the show is deeper than that one.
The main characters are a couple of ten year old [or so] girls, and the show is as much about the things that go on in a little girl's life as it is about chasing down the Clow Cards [school, crushes, etc], though it doesn't turn into a hearts-and-flowers girly affair. If that doesn't bother you, I highly recommend this series, especially for the price. If it turns out you don't like it, you could probably flip it and double your money on ebay. FWIW, I'm a 33 year old married male, and this is one of my favorite series, and when my son gets old enough to read and follow it, I would not mind him watching it at all.

An anime collection as a whole is not an investment, however. With few exceptions, titles will virtually always drop in price. For the longest time, the cheapest CCS could be found was 15-20 a disk, then they released the Clow Books for 90 or so each. I've bought lots of series at 20 bucks a disk, then eventually traded up to six-disk box set or thinpak for 20-40 bucks. So don't think of it as an 'investment', only buy titles you're interested in, especially if they're new.
If your options are buying legit releases, or getting fansubs, if the title is available in your region, I highly recommend buying the legit title. Many fansubs are very good translations, but lots of them aren't. And it's better to support the industry so more titles get released. Official releases will almost always be of better quality than the fansubs, and 'fansubbing' as a movement is nowhere near as necessary as it used to be. I can see getting a fansub to check out a few episodes of a title to see if it's worth getting into, I don't necessarily have a problem with that, though I'm sure you could do the same through torrents or other black-market sources.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihavenolife123']I know for a fact that it was not the rehash censored version, every episode follows the past one in chornological order (All animes in Mexico did). I think i will get it, but i have an appointment right now that will last 2 hours, hopefully they dont run out till then.

The reason why Ill rather consider it an investment is because i for one imagine Anime more an art than pure entertainment (as im sure many do) maybe in order to get the message across further. I absolutely loved Elfen Lied, for example, among others in my childhood. I just dont want to consider this what my father would "A waste of much needed money as a college student in dept"[/quote]

The mexican version of CCS (Sakura Card Captor) did actually release a decent uncensored (as far as I know) version that retained the original names. The only thing the mexican version missed out on was the much loved Kero-chan ni Omakase segments at the end of each episode along with a couple of the original opening and ending themes.

You made out much better then the english speaking audience who got nothing but action packed episodes that were edited heavily. Anyways if you were happy with the mexican version and don't like subtitles then remain happy with it. The voice acting talent hired for the spanish dub is nothing compared to the original CCS cast but to each his own. Buy one of the movies at a local store and see if you really like it.

Yea but what are the chances of finding it in spanish. Thats what blows about imported shows in mexico. They edit so little, and the voice acting is IMO beyond what the US can offer (always trying to be contemporary), but do they ever record it and publish it like this. Never. Many anime have surfaced, and because of that, I can hardly remember any. Saint Seiya is easily the first one I ever actually liked (G Force or Gatchaman actually the first, dont remember liking it), but the company only sold so many box sets, making them impossible to find...
Forget about DB(Z) in spanish, or Ranma in spanish, or anything else that i cant remember....I better buy this.

Too bad my 8 yo brother wont understand it like I did, in his native language.

Im ridiculous

I received the replacement today. The one I received earlier from the first deal was damaged with spine cut across most of the DVDs.

The one from the first deal was individually sealed. The new set has all the individual shrinkwraps removed, but the upper white security sticker is intact. It looks like Geneon intentionally removed the shrinkwraps to prevent resale?

Anyway, no damage so far in the new set. I'm happy :)

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I got mine today ^_^
But they ran out of bandanas oh well[/quote] I didn't get the bandanas neither. Were your DVDs individually sealed?

[quote name='eau']I didn't get the bandanas neither. Were your DVDs individually sealed?[/quote]

Mine arrived earlier this week in that same shrink wrapped bundle in the previous photo. All were sealed. Took forever to open them all! The bandana looks quite stylish on me

I hate you. You gave me hope that this was in stock :p

Edit: As for finding this, I highly doubt a online store would have it in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back