SOCOM 3 vs. Battlefield 2

m0nkeybl1tz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Any thoughts? I've never played a game in either of those series, but I think I'm gonna finally get a network adapter and one of these games...

It's Battlefield: Modern Combat, not 2 :/

SOCOM 3 is great for intense firefights and coordination.

BFMC is the unrealistic muddy game where everyone goes off and fights by themselves with vehicals.

Your choice :/

[quote name='Rhett']It's Battlefield: Modern Combat, not 2 :/

SOCOM 3 is great for intense firefights and coordination.

BFMC is the unrealistic muddy game where everyone goes off and fights by themselves with vehicals.

Your choice :/[/QUOTE]

I think the box are would disagree with you:
281049b.jpg

But, its not like your opinion was slightly biased anyway...

[quote name='pimpinc333']Battlefield: Modern Combat will be hot. There was soooooooo much cheating in Socom 1 and 2 so I think 3 may not be worth it.[/QUOTE]
Not true. Only players who verify their credit/debit card for their Socom 3 account can only be ranked and if they do catch you, your account is banned and card blacklisted.

Edit: Also why would you buy MC anyways? The PC version is so superior.

[quote name='Msia']Not true. Only players who verify their credit/debit card for their Socom 3 account can only be ranked and if they do catch you, your account is banned and card blacklisted.[/QUOTE]

Well good. The Socom games were always getting hacked or someone was cheating it in. I still say BF2 though.

[quote name='Msia']Not true. Only players who verify their credit/debit card for their Socom 3 account can only be ranked and if they do catch you, your account is banned and card blacklisted.

Edit: Also why would you buy MC anyways? The PC version is so superior.[/QUOTE]

That was just dumb. Those that are buying it for Xbox or PS2 might not have a good comp to run BF2. So that's the reason why they are buying MC.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think the box are would disagree with you:
281049b.jpg

But, its not like your opinion was slightly biased anyway...[/QUOTE]

:applause: Thank you. Also:
Not true. Only players who verify their credit/debit card for their Socom 3 account can only be ranked and if they do catch you, your account is banned and card blacklisted.

You have to pay to play online? I was under the impression that PS2 Online was free...

[quote name='m0nkeybl1tz']:applause: Thank you. Also:

You have to pay to play online? I was under the impression that PS2 Online was free...[/QUOTE]
You don't have to pay anything. The card is to verify for ranks so if they do catch you they can get rid of you. You can still play online unverified you just wont be ranked.

[quote name='Msia']Not true. Only players who verify their credit/debit card for their Socom 3 account can only be ranked and if they do catch you, your account is banned and card blacklisted.

Edit: Also why would you buy MC anyways? The PC version is so superior.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Alpha was quite good; the combat was quite fun and the maps were really well laid out. I will agree though, once you play battlefield 2, you can't go back to MC

Socom 3 on the other hand is fucking horrible. I don't know what all they fixed from the beta, if anything, but the beta was an ugly POS where you could never figure out who was on your team, what was in front of you, and what the objectives were. Not only that, but the maps were WAY too big.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I thought the Alpha was quite good; the combat was quite fun and the maps were really well laid out. I will agree though, once you play battlefield 2, you can't go back to MC

Socom 3 on the other hand is fucking horrible. I don't know what all they fixed from the beta, if anything, but the beta was an ugly POS where you could never figure out who was on your team, what was in front of you, and what the objectives were. Not only that, but the maps were WAY too big.[/QUOTE]
I was also in the MC beta and even in alpha form the game was damn good. You hit it on the nail with your one comment about once you play BF 2 on PC you just cant go back to MC.

You are also correct with Socom 3's online problems. Unless you memorized the 24 player models that can be played by both seals and terrrorists on a given set of maps you will sometimes shoot at a team mate or worse kill them.

I played the alpha of bf 2, and the beta of socom 3...BF 2 alpha was far superior to socoms beta in so many ways...Socom does have a rabid fan base, I loved the first, but I thought the 2nd was horrible...battlefield hasn't been on the consoles before so I don't know if you can get a valid reason to buy either of them...do what I plan on doing...rent both

I was so looking forward to Battlefield:MC, but after reading that you can't create your own servers on XBox Live, I won't be picking it up.

[quote name='Scorch']I was so looking forward to Battlefield:MC, but after reading that you can't create your own servers on XBox Live, I won't be picking it up.[/QUOTE]
that is ea for you...and you get stuck on there fuck en shitty servers

Both games would be for PS2, so no Live either way. Also, I own a Mac (say what you want, I don't care) so I wouldn't be able to play BF2 on computer. If that helps.

Socom is a third person shooter and BF2: MC is a first person. Which do you gameplay do you perfer?

[quote name='m0nkeybl1tz']Both games would be for PS2, so no Live either way. Also, I own a Mac (say what you want, I don't care) so I wouldn't be able to play BF2 on computer. If that helps.[/QUOTE]

If it's for the PS2 I would say pick up Socom first since it is made for the PS2. Unless you perfer First person than get BF2: MC.

I've been playing Socom 3 since release and I've had the BF MC demo for about 2 months. For you I'd think Battlefield would be a better choice.

Socom can be rough on newbs online and Battlefield is easier to get into. Socom is great if you're a weapons nut with all the guns and mods you can use and is a bit more tactical, but Battlefield has different soldier classes that add a variety of ways to play. Socom can be gratifying but Battlefield is just damn fun action.

Id say socom3 but Road3283 is right, if you havent played it before, you will get your ass handed to you when you first start. I find socom has a crazy following, alot of people that play socom only play socom, kinda like how people have a system just to play madden.

I haven't played SOCOM 3 yet, but I'm pretty sure it is just like previous ones with the addition of vehicles, better graphics and larger maps. As for battlefield 2 I've only played the first mission and the one feature I love is the ability to control any on screen ally and the way you transfer from one soldier to another is a cool effect too. Of course I am cheap and will be picking these up as GH titles, but you can't go wrong with SOCOM series and Battlefield is a great addition to the console market.

bread's done
Back