Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yep, Amazon is now shipping copies without the keychains, so the theory about the keychains somehow getting them around the increased price over digital is BS.
Yeah, I saw those key chains, and even if that was true, they weren't worth the extra $10 either way, but a cool bonus item for free I guess.

Is this ticket thing serious? I only got one ticket for Dariusburst, and assuming 1 per product, I would need to buy 39 more products to get one free one? Is LRG going to be around that long?

And add me to the "my disc was loose" pile (Dariusburst regular copy)

Is this ticket thing serious? I only got one ticket for Dariusburst, and assuming 1 per product, I would need to buy 39 more products to get one free one? Is LRG going to be around that long?

Many people almost have the 40 needed. It's not meant as anincentive for people buying an occasional release like you did, but as a reward for repeat buyers. I also think LRG will be around for a good long time given their success.

Why do people keep mentioning loose discs when I've explained a hundred times that we can't stop them? Bubble mailer or box, the flaw is in the Sony provided case which we have no control over. I wish we could fix the issue, but we can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people keep mentioning loose discs when I've explained a hundred times that we can't stop them? Bubble mailer or box, the flaw is in the Sony provided case which we have no control over. I wish we could fix the issue, but we can't.
They rather blame you than listen

And add me to the "my disc was loose" pile on(Dariusburst regular copy)
You get that giant bubble mailer as well?

I'm going for a complete NA PS4 collection sealed but all must have loose discs. I got 1 Vita floater so those must be really rare.

No matter how many times you explain, some will not see those messages, and others will not care.

I stated early on that you responding here was great, but not to get in the trenches and deal with **** like this, as it will only break you down mentally, and in the end, it will only serve to end your current nature of communications, as some men you just cant reach.

Each week, you'll get new consumers who are new to LRG and the disc issue, so you can't really fault them for asking a question that may have been answered pages back. Then their are others who just want to watch the world burn, and those are the usual suspects, and they will continue to bring it up as something to do.

I haven't used the ticket system, or checked the faq on your site lately, but I would recommend in the ticket process, have a heavy red type message stating the loose disc situation, and if that is why they are contacting LRG there is nothing you guys can do. I would also recommend adding something to the OP here and on other sites where you guys post regularly. And then just stop replying to these loose disc questions.

If it can't be read on your site, or any the ticket process, then those customers have bigger issues than a loose disc in a game case. There are also many of us here who explain the situation each time as well, and I don't mind continuing doing that, if and when I see some one ask. It is a legit question, and not everyone asking is trying to be a dick about it, but I can see it's getting to you, and that should be a sign to stop dealing with it directly.

so far i havent gotten a loose disc when they ship me in a box. i buy one of each game. so they ship in a box. if u buy just 1 game, they ship in a bubble envelope.

Because the buck stops with you. Doesn't matter if you "can't stop it" you still have to deal with customer complaints. Being a child and brushing it off won't get you too far.

It was a flimsy magenta bubble mailer.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/830254128425230338

Doesn't matter if we ship it in a thick acrylic box or "flimsy" bubble mailer. The flaw is in the cases. A minor amount of pressure on the center of the case will pop the disc. It doesn't take much. In the video above, I set a disc loose in under a second through an acyrlic case. Even in a box, the void fill or weight from another box could apply that pressure. This isn't fixable outside of padding the interior, which we have no option to do. For future orders, we offer a boxed shipping option for $1.99 extra, though many orders are shipped in a box by default at no extra cost (any orders of 2 or more games with at least one being a PS4 game). This likely won't do much to reduce your incidence of loose discs, but if you don't believe it is the cases at fault at least this would give you peace of mind.

Because the buck stops with you. Doesn't matter if you "can't stop it" you still have to deal with customer complaints. Being a child and brushing it off won't get you too far.
How am I brushing it off? I've explained a number of times it isn't an issue we can fix. The fact that I still bother to explain it at all is the complete opposite of brushing it off. This issue is a thorn in my side - if there was a way to actually eliminate it, we would.

Doesn't matter if we ship it in a thick acrylic box or "flimsy" bubble mailer. The flaw is in the cases. A minor amount of pressure on the center of the case will pop the disc. It doesn't take much. In the video above, I set a disc loose in under a second through an acyrlic case. Even in a box, the void fill or weight from another box could apply that pressure. This isn't fixable outside of padding the interior, which we have no option to do. For future orders, we offer a boxed shipping option for $1.99 extra, though many orders are shipped in a box by default at no extra cost (any orders of 2 or more games with at least one being a PS4 game). This likely won't do much to reduce your incidence of loose discs, but if you don't believe it is the cases at fault at least this would give you peace of mind.
You can tell us all day long about it's not us it's Sony. Blah blah blah.

I have never received a loose disc ever during my PS4 ownership. I must be near 100 that I have bought. Majority were shipped in the right size bubble mailer. This time I received a game in the wrong sized mailer. Yes, there is a chance of that happening but the responsibility to ship in a properly sized package falls completely on you. I don't know who shipped your stuff but I'd be pissed right now. Your business is built on collectible limited items. To ship out something that is one of your highest pricetag items without care is not a good idea.

If you sent me the right sized mailer and I had this issue I may believe it. But I got a poorly shipped product with no care for the contents. And both cards were folded and the disc is loose and on yeah 'wonky' shrinkwrap. You tried telling me that the mailer should have been folded making me look like the fool. Nope. No such luck. Now another customer had the same complaint. Gotta be something there.

Hey you got my 60 bucks. I'm not happy with how I received your product. My Future dollars will be decided on how this plays out.

You can tell us all day long about it's not us it's Sony. Blah blah blah.

I have never received a loose disc ever during my PS4 ownership. I must be near 100 that I have bought. Majority were shipped in the right size bubble mailer. This time I received a game in the wrong sized mailer. Yes, there is a chance of that happening but the responsibility to ship in a properly sized package falls completely on you. I don't know who shipped your stuff but I'd be pissed right now. Your business is built on collectible limited items. To ship out something that is one of your highest pricetag items without care is not a good idea.

If you sent me the right sized mailer and I had this issue I may believe it. But I got a poorly shipped product with no care for the contents. And both cards were folded and the disc is loose and on yeah 'wonky' shrinkwrap. You tried telling me that the mailer should have been folded making me look like the fool. Nope. No such luck. Now another customer had the same complaint. Gotta be something there.

Hey you got my 60 bucks. I'm not happy with how I received your product. My Future dollars will be decided on how this plays out.
Is this 3 days that you've been complaining about this? Pretty sad that you have so much time to bitch about a loose disc in a video game box. Open the game and put it in place, the disk is fine, of follow one of the numerous video on how to put it in place. The problem is mentioned on every release. Others that work retail have said that they always get loose discs in their shipments.

I'm pretty sure that you can return the game since you're so upset about it.

Move along, chief.

How am I brushing it off? I've explained a number of times it isn't an issue we can fix. The fact that I still bother to explain it at all is the complete opposite of brushing it off. This issue is a thorn in my side - if there was a way to actually eliminate it, we would.
Maybe create a disclaimer if you don't have one. In my work we do anesthesia daily; clients disclaimers, are educated on risk and we have adverse events- it's the nature of the beast. When I go into a room with someone who has lost a family member I'm thinking the same thing you are, but the answer is not "this is a thorn in my side."

See what I mean? It doesn't matter what you say or do, some people will never understand, or care, that is the reality of this situation.

I mail thousands of packages a year, and I always get a few people who no matter what I do, want to place blame on a situation, and since Paypal, Ebay and USPS really don't care, I get the blame(right or wrong). I mail every order within 24 hrs, and when a package takes weeks to arrive, I'm at fault.

I'll explain time and time again, that the best I can do is ship the item quickly, but once it leaves my home, it's out of my hands. The proper channel to complain would be the post office, but since they won't care, or leave them on hold for hours, they need to blame some one and that falls to me.

Your situation here is the same, as they can't reach Sony, and if they could, Sony doesn't give a flying fuck ! So guess where people are going to vent? You are accessible, Sony is not, so you get the shit storm, and as long as your here doing what you do, you'll continue to get these types. So all you can do is continue to answer in the best way possible(and stop saying you just answered the day before), or just stop addressing it at all, and let that group talk to the wall instead.

just stop addressing it at all, and let that group talk to the wall instead.
This is kinda what I was thinking. It's going to be a never ending issue for the life of the PS4, unless they make modifications to the cases at some point during the lifecycle.

On a personal note, I've received games with loose discs from Amazon, Best Buy, and have seen games in stores with floating discs. The last copy of Mirror's Edge I bought from Target's bargain clearance bin the other day was a floater.

I've seen a mixed bag of response from thoughtful and empathetic to frustrated and short on this disc issue. The person receiving the latter response may feel as if they've been "brushed off."

I certainly understand the situation. It does matter what you say or do. Just don't get frustrated.

Thanks for the blog post, but all I'm doing is answering that guy's question. I already opened my copy and played it. Lol

there are lots of delivery guys throw packages. ive seen them at the post office. doesnt matter if its bubble mailers or boxes, they throw them. even the UPS and Fedex drivers throw packages. my friend used to work as a delivery guy for UPS. the supervisor tells him to just throw it and leave or just ring the bell, leave the package, and leave. they dont want to waste time. so my friend had enough of it and doesnt think its the right thing to do by leaving packages so he quit in about a month. he also seen packages opened at the facility (hub). they also have amazon boxes in case ur box got damaged or they opened it then they just do a switcheroo. i remember back then amazon gives u invoices in the package. i havent gotten anything. not sure if they stopped.

Is this 3 days that you've been complaining about this? Pretty sad that you have so much time to bitch about a loose disc in a video game box. Open the game and put it in place, the disk is fine, of follow one of the numerous video on how to put it in place. The problem is mentioned on every release. Others that work retail have said that they always get loose discs in their shipments.

I'm pretty sure that you can return the game since you're so upset about it.

Move along, chief.
So actually my third post regarding this issue. My issue is the mailer they used. Double size. We crush Amazon, best buy, GameStop etc for shipping collectors items in bad packaging. No air cushions etc. LRG pulls the same crap, and let's call these collectibles, and it's just oh well? Get real. Somebody did a piss poor shipping job with no regard to the contents. This is a complete reflection on the business. I'm sorry to say something bad about your beloved LRG but a bad shipping job is a bad shipping job. I mean why use a double sized unfolded mailer for your games when each release carries a collector's aura around it. Loose disc aside, both my cards were folded in half from the game sliding around inside. To me, they complete the release. I love then. Had a proper sized mailer been used, like all my other releases from them came in, I doubt I'd have those issues. Loose disc and terrible shrinkwrap aside.

I've moved along. If they make this order right I'm staying on as a customer. If not, I'm out. A company is only as good as how they handle problems. Whether you or anyone else agreed, I don't care.

Since no one on here seems to actually open and play their games, you should just ship empty shrink-wrapped cases. Loose disc problem solved.

Maybe create a disclaimer if you don't have one. In my work we do anesthesia daily; clients disclaimers, are educated on risk and we have adverse events- it's the nature of the beast. When I go into a room with someone who has lost a family member I'm thinking the same thing you are, but the answer is not "this is a thorn in my side."
But when something goes wrong with anesthesia I'd assume it's usually a complication with the patient or whomever administered it. It's not like the anesthesia is inherently, obviously, and demonstrably flawed but the manufacturer won't fix it and you have no choice but to use that particular anesthesia. The customers aren't the thorn in my side here, the cases are (because my hand is completely forced in using a flawed product).

So actually my third post regarding this issue. My issue is the mailer they used. Double size. We crush Amazon, best buy, GameStop etc for shipping collectors items in bad packaging. No air cushions etc. LRG pulls the same crap, and let's call these collectibles, and it's just oh well? Get real. Somebody did a piss poor shipping job with no regard to the contents. This is a complete reflection on the business. I'm sorry to say something bad about your beloved LRG but a bad shipping job is a bad shipping job. I mean why use a double sized unfolded mailer for your games when each release carries a collector's aura around it. Loose disc aside, both my cards were folded in half from the game sliding around inside. To me, they complete the release. I love then. Had a proper sized mailer been used, like all my other releases from them came in, I doubt I'd have those issues. Loose disc and terrible shrinkwrap aside.

I've moved along. If they make this order right I'm staying on as a customer. If not, I'm out. A company is only as good as how they handle problems. Whether you or anyone else agreed, I don't care.
I have a near complete PS4 collection with most of the games still sealed and having bought most from Amazon, Gamestop.com, Bestbuy.com, Target.com and Walmart.com, I can tell you that I average 3-4 loose discs a month regardless of the packaging being used. I've had well padded boxes from Target.com show up with loose discs and flimsy too large mailers from Amazon or Best Buy show up perfectly fine. Ultimately, it's a design flaw in the PS4 plastic case and Sony won't fix it, so no amount of bitching at LRG is going to change the reality and the risk. Frankly, loose discs can be reattached using the methods shown earlier in this thread. Failing that, maybe you should just move on as you're apparently one of those customers who is not possible to please given the realities of the Sony case design.

Man, I originally followed this thread to get info on new LRG releases, but I don't think it's worth it anymore with these few users bitching about the same thing over and over after their issues have been addressed multiple times.

And for fuck sake, what is the point of video games if not to open them and play them? It's like buying a painting or sculpture, and then locking it in a safe out of view for all eternity.

I think Brody's main issue is with the poor packaging he received for this particular order, as the loose disc is not the main issue(just a side one), and that's a legit beef.

His order was not packaged well, and while we all know the disc can come loose no matter what, poor packaging, is poor packaging, and in that regard he should open a ticket for the things that arrived damaged because it. The things that where damaged here, not counting the loose disc, are freebie items, so I'm not really sure what can be done, but if the mailer should have been folded over, and was not, then it should be brought up, as it can cause other damages in the future, where a new copy will need to be sent. So LRG should know about it to make corrections in the future.

I receive so many packages from Amazon that defy logic in the way they are packaged, and because of it, things get damaged all the time. I make sure to contact them each time, and I return items where condition is a point to me. So I'm for anyone who has an issue that should be looked in to or corrected, but yeah, the loose disc issue is the dead horse here that comes to the fore front no matter what is being discussed, and in Brody's case, it seems to be what is getting brought up, and not so much the poor packaging.

I have a near complete PS4 collection with most of the games still sealed and having bought most from Amazon, Gamestop.com, Bestbuy.com, Target.com and Walmart.com, I can tell you that I average 3-4 loose discs a month regardless of the packaging being used. I've had well padded boxes from Target.com show up with loose discs and flimsy too large mailers from Amazon or Best Buy show up perfectly fine. Ultimately, it's a design flaw in the PS4 plastic case and Sony won't fix it, so no amount of bitching at LRG is going to change the reality and the risk. Frankly, loose discs can be reattached using the methods shown earlier in this thread. Failing that, maybe you should just move on as you're apparently one of those customers who is not possible to please given the realities of the Sony case design.
You missed the part where my issues is with the shipping method. I've moved way past the loose disc.

So let me see here. We are told that these games are made in the same place uncharted is made. I have never gotten shrinkwrap that looks like they forgot to shrink it. Its like a loose fitting bag on my copy. So how is that explained? My copy of uncharted and every other PS4 release from LRG has fitting wrap. And why was it shipped out like that? And through all of this,it's the piss poor shipping that I am really complaining about that gets shuffled behind the great wall of defending the loose disc from the army of LRG loyalists.

If you went back and saw my original post my complaint has always been the shipping method. I'm told to buy a box. GTFO with that. Somebody own up and say yes that doesnt sound right, let me look into why it was shipped out like that. Wouldn't that be something that would be talked about in a business meeting?

If you can't accept the fact that it was maybe a poor shipping job that resulted in all of my issues then maybe you should move along.

I have always been very happy with what LRG puts out but again, a company is only as good as how it handles issues. I've bought a good amount from them. Maybe not as much as a lot of users on here but enough. This was an issue with my order. I like to collect these. Not play then. The condition of my shipment really knocks a lot of the collectible value off for me. Sorry you disagree.

Hope you have a great day friend. Life is too short.

You didn't get a shrinkwrap in your copy? Looks like you selected the "I have a problem with loose discs" checkbox while checking out.

I think Brody's main issue is with the poor packaging he received for this particular order, as the loose disc is not the main issue(just a side one), and that's a legit beef.

His order was not packaged well, and while we all know the disc can come loose no matter what, poor packaging, is poor packaging, and in that regard he should open a ticket for the things that arrived damaged because it. The things that where damaged here, not counting the loose disc, are freebie items, so I'm not really sure what can be done, but if the mailer should have been folded over, and was not, then it should be brought up, as it can cause other damages in the future, where a new copy will need to be sent. So LRG should know about it to make corrections in the future.

I receive so many packages from Amazon that defy logic in the way they are packaged, and because of it, things get damaged all the time. I make sure to contact them each time, and I return items where condition is a point to me. So I'm for anyone who has an issue that should be looked in to or corrected, but yeah, the loose disc issue is the dead horse here that comes to the fore front no matter what is being discussed, and in Brody's case, it seems to be what is getting brought up, and not so much the poor packaging.
Exactly. I did open a ticket. I was asked to send pictures which I will tonight after work.

But when something goes wrong with anesthesia I'd assume it's usually a complication with the patient or whomever administered it. It's not like the anesthesia is inherently, obviously, and demonstrably flawed but the manufacturer won't fix it and you have no choice but to use that particular anesthesia. The customers aren't the thorn in my side here, the cases are (because my hand is completely forced in using a flawed product).
It actually is. 1/10000 episodes we have adverse reaction. It is imbedded in what we do and it's inherently dangerous. We just educate, have our protocols streamlined and on point, console and avoid lawsuits. My point is that we know it will happen, we do it anyway. When it happens we can't just say "told ya so."

It's similar with vaccinations. We have adverse reactions which are inherent with the product that are usually unpredictable. The key is education and "put the ball in their court." They decide, knowing fully what possible adverse events may occur.

Our attorneys like to say "every client every time." They want the protocol for the experience from start to finish to be almost scripted. I certainly do not believe the customer is always right, in fact they're almost always wrong. I probably spend 10 hours weekly "talking people down." Every time a suit has been brought and we demonstrate consistency and competency it's an easy win.

I have had mostly pleasant dealings with LRG - a loose disc ones popped back easily. But as I read these forums it seems there is some inconsistency in how things are shipped. That complicates the issue. It also appears as though you're going above and beyond to rectify. There is also a "bad customer" who's not able to be pleased- don't make policy based on the exception.

I have never received a loose disc ever during my PS4 ownership. I must be near 100 that I have bought. .
You are either full of shit or the luckiest person in the world. Last week when we were all busy flipping stuff between Best Buy and Target to Gamestop I had probably 4 out of the 25 games I did in one day that were loose and I bought those all in store.

BTW Josh, will the Mutant Mudd games be offered in two packs this Friday, or will each game need to be added individually?

It's not a big deal, as I'm sure demand won't be to crazy, but I'm just getting both games for the Vita and was wondering if there will be an option to get both games in one go, as that would simplify things in the order process. I would guess for those getting all 4 across both platforms, this would also be a huge help to them as well.

giphy.gif

You are either full of shit or the luckiest person in the world. Last week when we were all busy flipping stuff between Best Buy and Target to Gamestop I had probably 4 out of the 25 games I did in one day that were loose and I bought those all in store.
Very serious. First loose disc I have ever received. I guess I am lucky. Wish I could play the lotto like this. I order pretty much online. Some from in store pick-up. I have felt loose discs in cases in the few times I've walked in to buy but put them back. Maybe 100 might be a stretch but I own 65 and sold at least 20 more. Anyways, I'm done on this topics. I opened my ticket and we'll see what happens.

I've gotten maybe 4 loose disks before LRG. I think it's happening more with newer cases.

I never pay attention to whether the disc is loose or not. I've opened many a game to find pieces of plastic from broken cases etc, disc looks good and move on.

Just got my Sexy Brutale copy from England. Disc was in place- I pushed lightly on the middle of the front of the case. It popped right out. Lol.

Stupid post office...

bread's done
Back