Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Since ordering night trap is my 1st time order with LRG. I was just wondering what has been the normal turn around for shipping out games lately with LRG? 2-4 weeks? just curious.
Depends on a lot of things. Sometimes, the production of a game will be delayed (due to a late patch, the game failing Q&A, production delays by Sony, etc.) but LRG is required to list the game- so they'll have to sell it before they actually have it. If they know about the delay, they'll note it on the game page. If you check NT's page, you'll see that it won't start shipping until Aug 15th.

Assuming LRG has the games, they usually ship out orders by how simple they are... if you ordered 1 copy of Game A, your order would go out (usually within a few days) before someone who ordered 2x copies of Game A (also, likely within a few days). The person who ordered 2x copies of a game would likely have their order filled before someone who ordered 1x of Game A and 1x of Game B. It can take up to a week before they start shipping sometimes.

There's also the issue of their local USPS facility which doesn't have the capacity to handle the volume of packages LRG ships. Sometimes packages sit at LRG for up a week before USPS picks them up.

They also started using UPS Innovations recently. Not sure for the reason for the change, but my packages seem to take longer now.

They also started using UPS Innovations recently. Not sure for the reason for the change, but my packages seem to take longer now.
Most likely because it's cheaper.

However, now that they're using that method, there's a hand off between UPS and USPS, so there's always going to be a lag time.

Most likely because it's cheaper.

However, now that they're using that method, there's a hand off between UPS and USPS, so there's always going to be a lag time.
Yeah, with the new shipping method, I went from 2-3 days, to probably 5-7 after the shipping actually takes place. I'm never in a HUGE rush either way, but these hand off services make me nervous, as that's just another step where someone can fuck it up in the supply chain. I had enough anxiety hoping USPS didn't put my packages in the wrong box, now before USPS can even screw that up, I have to hope UPS doesn't do it first. LOL

Had Douglas at our con over the weekend, going to upload his LRG panel to YouTube (sorry in advance for the audio buzz, it was from the damn arena lights)

Don't get what people's problem is with Skull Girls.  I'm probably out a cheap car with the money I have outstanding on games I don't have yet.

Then one day after you forget about them there's a Diablo style loot truck explosion in front of your house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain to me how the whole ticket / 32x variant cover thing is going to work (maybe with some links)? I don't know why I am finding this so bloody confusing.

There will be an option to get just the cover art or a full sealed version of it with game? What are the prices for these options?

Where do you even see the ticket reward options?

Do I send my tickets in to redeem a chosen item, or do I just send them in whenever to have them added to my account or something? 

Thank you!

Can someone explain to me how the whole ticket / 32x variant cover thing is going to work (maybe with some links)? I don't know why I am finding this so bloody confusing.

There will be an option to get just the cover art or a full sealed version of it with game? What are the prices for these options?

Do I send my tickets in to redeem a chosen item, or do I just send them in whenever to have them added to my account or something?

Thank you!
It has only been discussed and mentioned on different sites, but I don't believe there has been any official word. If your interested, open a ticket and explain you want to redeem your tickets, and go from there.

I don't think there is a place to enter numbers or anything like that, it's just kind of "known", but not really promoted as of yet, as the variant hasn't been produced yet. And now, LRG will be taking some stock to help the demand, but there should still be enough for those who want to spend the tickets for it.

EDIT: I've been saving my tickets thus far for a Vita related item, as that's where my collecting is currently focused, so hopefully if and when that time comes, their system will be fully up and running, so that the process is easy peasy.

Thank you!
There are 2 options: cover by itself for 10 tickets or a sealed copy with the cover for 40 tickets.

You would need to physically send in the tickets with the order form. To get the order form, you need to go on the link that is provided on the ticket. AFAIK, the ticket form isn't updated yet so what I'm planning on doing is checking the free game section and write something like "Night Trap Sega 32x variant" on it.

How many tickets is the 32x variant expected to cost?

edit: nvm didnt notice the post above me said it, sorry

If we had a cart reserve and 15,000 people tried adding a game to their cart that was limited to 5,000 copies - 10,000 people would immediately be left out in the cold with no chance to get the game unless they stick around and refresh until something frees up. With the current system, all 15,000 people are on a level playing field and have an equal chance to get through check out with what they want. There'd be more frustration with a cart reserve because window shoppers who don't even want the game could hold units hostage. Games would literally be unable to add to cart within a second of a page going live. At least you have a chance with the current system! If you believe some people are using bots, then use a bot, at least the field is still level. For reference, there's no evidence of bots being used or even existing for our site. We're not Nike or Amazon - who is developing bots for us when 90% of our releases don't need such a thing?
Agree that shopify picked the right solution. The cart hold system is awful. I have tried to purchase on a site that has that function and holds the cart for something like 30 minutes. Constantly refreshing and hoping to catch a released cart is a far worse experience than what Limited Run is doing. For anyone convinced otherwise, think about the fact that if you really really want something, you currently have at minimum a 1 to 2 minute window to complete your purchase when a product goes live. A guaranteed window of possible opportunity is far, far better than having, say, a 20% chance of just getting a cart hold with thousands of people pressing add to cart all at once.

Might as well send in your tickets now and get ahead of the curve. Just a heads up, the 32X variant doesn't come with the poster in the case since it's being given away at a $24.99 value. It also has no reversible art.
My personal copies of the game were the original Sega CD red box and the 32x version, I think I will have to do the 10 tickets for the variant cover! Do we need to wait for the rewards form to be updated to submit an order?

I like that a recreation of the original red box was done but I wish the original art had been available. The artist is obviously skilled but the new version slightly creeps me out for some reason, though I may be alone in that.

I get it. We're on the same page with this idea as I've stated a few times. I've also said that it never happened to me before. I've also said I'm pretty fucking lucky to even get to add anything because there's a 15 second lag before I see the button.
Also, add to cart button is slow for everybody, so that's not new neither. I remember back then it could take up to 30-1 minute sometimes, so just have to just sit there and wait, lol. Yeah, I know, I hate it as well, but I think it might be a Shopify thing rather than a they're doing it on purpose thing.
Can this possibly be browser related? I have yet to see the add to cart button have any issues / be slow.

I have only received USPS packages so far. My last order was Bard's Gold though so maybe it changed since then. Or maybe I am close enough to the origin shipping location that USPS is still cheaper? Any time I get a package via UPS Mail Innovations or UPS Sure Post it is terribly slow though.

Don't get what people's problem is with Skull Girls. I'm probably out a cheap car with the money I have outstanding on games I don't have yet.

Then one day after you forget about them there's a Diablo style loot truck explosion in front of your house.
The Skull Girls situation has been a long wait, It's almost been a year since I ordered my Vita copy of the game. I knew it'd take awhile, but it still has been an extremely long wait for a game that has been out for awhile.

I have only received USPS packages so far. My last order was Bard's Gold though so maybe it changed since then. Or maybe I am close enough to the origin shipping location that USPS is still cheaper? Any time I get a package via UPS Mail Innovations or UPS Sure Post it is terribly slow though.
Yeah, they all come by USPS, but UPS has them first, and then must turn them over to USPS, which is often where the extra time comes from.

Yeah, they all come by USPS, but UPS has them first, and then must turn them over to USPS, which is often where the extra time comes from.
Weird, every Limited Run purchase I have ever made has come First Class Mail or Priority Mail. UPS has thankfully never had a chance to violate them.

What you really want, rather than a cart hold or change to the checkout system, is probably for us to try preorders again in the future. We're going to - just to see if we've been wrong in our thoughts on them. It's worth a shot and I think it could alleviate some of the issues when it comes to really big titles.
You seem to always want "YES" people around you to boost your decision in the aftermath. Failure or success stick with your own decisions and quit asking the spoiled crowd that keeps bitching about missing games. They can go cry to mommy.

You seem to always want "YES" people around you to boost your decision in the aftermath. Failure or success stick with your own decisions and quit asking the spoiled crowd that keeps bitching about missing games. They can go cry to mommy.
Ever had to deal with customer feedback? When someone goes to google reviews and sees 600 positives and 5 negatives which ones do you think they're most likely to read? Those handful of negatives from customers are why companies have meetings and they really do influence policy. The adoring reviews are great and all but that's not how reality works.

a cart hold system would just make people even more mad when every release is 'immediately' unavailable as all stock instantly gets locked up, sounds far less enjoyable than actually being able to get it in your cart and rush to checkout

The current system with Shopify is about as fair as it can be. I have a connection not much better than old-school dialup due to where I live. As a result I am toast when it comes to stuff that sells out nearly immediately on Amazon. However with the system used by LRG I can make up for lack of internet speed by being quick to check out.

Also, the effort to work with people shooting for complete collections by having them send pictures verifying their collection is awesome. I am only going for the complete Vita set, but I would be very appreciative if I were one of the people left out of a game for a complete PS4 collection. Really nice customer service there.

Weird, every Limited Run purchase I have ever made has come First Class Mail or Priority Mail. UPS has thankfully never had a chance to violate them.
As far as you know that is. UPS innovations never deliver the packages, only USPS does. UPS innovations is a shipping (and depending on the level service, packaging) mediator for merchants who ship in large volumes. Basically they're just paid to do all the shipping for you, which could include packaging, and labeling, and all that stuff. Many merchants mainly use them to help them drop off packages though, and also get a better rate on the actual shipping label. So even though it may seem like UPS has not bad touched your packages, there's a good chance it may have happened with more recent packages, or future packages. Noooooooooooooooo! ;D

a cart hold system would just make people even more mad when every release is 'immediately' unavailable as all stock instantly gets locked up, sounds far less enjoyable than actually being able to get it in your cart and rush to checkout
I don't really see much of a difference though.

I think people would be much more upset if they didn't get one at the last point of checkout, than if they just don't get it in the first place at all.

Either way, people are going to be angry anyways, so lose/lose situation. ;D

As far as you know that is. UPS innovations never deliver the packages, only USPS does.
Very interesting!! I thought if it was UPS-MI or UPS Surepost then the tracking info would have to register on one of the UPS sites (either the UPS MI site or regular UPS for surepost), and the label should indicate surepost or mail innovations.

All of my Limited Run packages going back over a year have said accepted by USPS at Apex, NC with a straight USPS tracking # and an actual USPS label, either First Class or Priority. None of the tracking ever shows up on any UPS affiliated site. I suppose the packages could be shipped UPS to NC, but it seems unlikely anyone would bother removing the UPS labels.

Conversely, when I actually receive a UPS-MI or UPS Surepost package from other retailers, there is some indication on the package label of the shipping method and the tracking info registers on the associated UPS site.

I suppose anything is possible though.

Very interesting!! I thought if it was UPS-MI or UPS Surepost then the tracking info would have to register on one of the UPS sites (either the UPS MI site or regular UPS for surepost), and the label should indicate surepost or mail innovations.

All of my Limited Run packages going back over a year have said accepted by USPS at Apex, NC with a straight USPS tracking # and an actual USPS label, either First Class or Priority. None of the tracking ever shows up on any UPS affiliated site. I suppose the packages could be shipped UPS to NC, but it seems unlikely anyone would bother removing the UPS labels.

Conversely, when I actually receive a UPS-MI or UPS Surepost package from other retailers, there is some indication on the package label of the shipping method and the tracking info registers on the associated UPS site.

I suppose anything is possible though.
Yeah, mine always show both, so if some of you aren't getting both, it may only be coming USPS. It may have to do with location as well, as there may be no benefit for those who are closer to them to begin with.

I'm across the country from LRG, and mine show the first tracking, and then once USPS get's it, that tracking then starts. So yeah, I would guess some of you based on some other factor, are still getting yours 100% USPS.

I'm wondering the same thing
I remember having this discussion with somebody before that release.

isFAl8u.gif

My Wonder Boy shipped UPS MI:

1502749082_1.png

The tracking link in the email is to ups.com (not usps.gov) and works like a champ.

I wish the rewards program could be automatically applied to the account in some fashion considering, last I saw, the tickets are not transferable, guessing shopify limitation

Sucks for me too cause I bought every game before tickets and have calmed down since.

Just checked out my LRG loot today though; I have way more than I thought. 😲

My Wonder Boy shipped UPS MI:

The tracking link in the email is to ups.com (not usps.gov) and works like a champ.
You generally don't get to track it on USPS until it's been transferred to USPS.

Sometimes the tracking they give you can be dual tracked, sometimes it's two different one though, so just depends which one you got.

But it still won't track on USPS until after it's been transferred/handed off.

I wish the rewards program could be automatically applied to the account in some fashion considering, last I saw, the tickets are not transferable, guessing shopify limitation
I mean, making them transferable is just silly, as that just encourages people to sell their tickets, so they decided to just make them that way.

As far as tracking them on your account goes, now that part actually is more than likely a Shopify limitation, because I don't believe Shopify has an option for tracking membership benefits.

The real solution here is obvious, Treasure Trucks! Send a fleet of trucks out in all directions, tweet locations and let satisfaction follow.

Mmmmm, I just saw my email from LRG for this Friday's offerings, and the Lili LE which is only 1900 total has a limit of 2 per person. Is that wise? I'm not looking to get it, but just trying to make sure it's not another bloodbath for others.

I'm sure this is a much lesser known title and all, but 1900 is really a small run at this point, so just thought I would ask the tough question?

Mmmmm, I just saw my email from LRG for this Friday's offerings, and the Lili LE which is only 1900 total has a limit of 2 per person. Is that wise? I'm not looking to get it, but just trying to make sure it's not another bloodbath for others.

I'm sure this is a much lesser known title and all, but 1900 is really a small run at this point, so just thought I would ask the tough question?
I'd say you're correct. If the same volume of buyers present that we've seen for the last three releases it's gonna get chewed up just for the perceived rareness. I'm glad I don't want one.

Just saw the video of that dude threatning LRG. Good grief. If he is someone who posts here, please do the world a favor and seek help immediately. What a nutjob.

You generally don't get to track it on USPS until it's been transferred to USPS.
Oh, yeah, definitely. I was just trying to say that it really was a UPS MI shipment, not a typo or somethin', and it tracks that way and everything.

I'd say you're correct. If the same volume of buyers present that we've seen for the last three releases it's gonna get chewed up just for the perceived rareness. I'm glad I don't want one.
You've kind of answered your own question. The demand for Lili is going to be much lower, as that game has virtually no established branding. (a brand-new release not based on any prior existing property) This is likely why they are going with a much smaller run. They aren't expecting to have nearly as much demand as previous entries.

I keep trying to justify buying this game and that's really the only thing that's tempting: 1,900.

Just saw the video of that dude threatning LRG. Good grief. If he is someone who posts here, please do the world a favor and seek help immediately. What a nutjob.
Is this guy famous or something? I see all this YouTube and Twitter drama all the time these days and I don't know who any of these people are anymore.

https://twitter.com/TotalMK/status/896023569095839745

Looks like he hasn't left that room since the turn of the century. The sad thing is looks like he's in his mid to late 30's too if not early 40's.

Find another hobby besides gaming, find a woman, or at least get some damn sun holy crap. Dude looks like Ted Kaczynski

https://twitter.com/TotalMK/status/896023569095839745

Looks like he hasn't left that room since the turn of the century. The sad thing is looks like he's in his mid to late 30's too if not early 40's.

Find another hobby besides gaming, find a woman, or at least get some damn sun holy crap. Dude looks like Ted Kaczynski
I gotta say, so glad he didn't end up with a copy. Get over yourself, jackass. It's a freakin game.

I think he drank out of the wrong toilet one too many times. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though, I was imagining a total blowout.

bread's done
Back