Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone here mentioned it, but LRG confirmed on their Twitter that the Octodad Bundle with the tie will be $44.99.

I'm kind of thinking of getting the tie bundle and giving it to my dad as part of his father's day gift (maybe take a pic of it and add it to his card lol). He likes silly things like that, so I figured he'd get a kick out of it.
Probably just going to get a regular ps4 copy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the tie will actually be well made.
The tie is coming from Fangamer, and while I haven't ever order any clothing items from them, I have ordered just about everything else, and quality is always top shelf. So I don't really think quality will be an issue, but how LRG ships it may be. Their shipping/packaging leaves much to be desired.

Yeah, I think I'll be going for Vita only this go around as well. Getting a PS4 copy with a loose disc isn't worth the time, and the last time I order one of those $5 boxes, only to have it come bare ass with not so much as a piece of paper to keep items from slamming around. To pay $5 for a .50 box, with ZERO packing materials is really a bad deal to say the least.

The tie is coming from Fangamer, and while I haven't ever order any clothing items from them, I have ordered just about everything else, and quality is always top shelf. So I don't really think quality will be an issue, but how LRG ships it may be. Their shipping/packaging leaves much to be desired.

Yeah, I think I'll be going for Vita only this go around as well. Getting a PS4 copy with a loose disc isn't worth the time, and the last time I order one of those $5 boxes, only to have it come bare ass with not so much as a piece of paper to keep items from slamming around. To pay $5 for a .50 box, with ZERO packing materials is really a bad deal to say the least.
That's kind of crazy that they wouldn't put any protection in the box to keep the game from moving around, especially considering it's mostly collectors ordering from them!

I'm definitely going for one each of the Vita and PS4 versions this time, and am now seriously considering getting one with the tie lol. Guess I'll have an hour to decide!

Pretty sure you don't understand how postage works. The box might be cheap, but the second you ship a box rather than a bubbleope through USPS, your postage cost goes up significantly. Also, from my perspective the box is a good deal as it's not the lack of padding that causes the discs to go loose. In my experience, it's the pressure exerted when the shipper and delivery drivers stack bubbleopes and allow them to have significant weight placed on them. For example, I regularly order PS4 games from Gamestop that come in those weird cardboard thin mailers and I have never had a loose disc, primarily because the cardboard ribs are rigid.

On the other hand I have received many loose PS4 games from Best Buy and Amazon whenever they use a bubbleope. I've only had one or two loose PS4 discs shipped in boxes and those all looked like they were crushed when the warehouse picked them and placed other items or bins on top of them. I just don't think it's the jostling alone that causes the discs to float, it's the pressure that releases the hold ring combined with sharp movements.

People can do what they want, but I have a near complete US PS4 collection at this point and all but a few of them were purchased online and I personally think the box is worth it.

I've gotten all the games so far (well, at least one per console, I don't double dip) and I'm super nervous about the next two coming up. Octodad shouldn't be too hard to get since there are so many but Lost and Sea, Xeodrifter and Soldner have such low numbers I'm kinda scared.

I've gotten all the others without an issue, but I know the vita ones go way quicker. I guess I have the second round if I miss out but ugh it scares me lol. 

Pretty sure you don't understand how postage works. The box might be cheap, but the second you ship a box rather than a bubbleope through USPS, your postage cost goes up significantly.
Um, I'm pretty sure I do. I mail 100's of packages a month(close to 1000's annually), so unless someone here ships more than that, I doubt seriously anyone here can explain shipping to me. The difference in cost for either the box or bubble mailers is a difference of a few ounces at most, and in some cases cost the same.

The box they uses was very small, and didn't weigh much more, so the difference in price in an extreme worst case would have been $1, and that is being extremely generous. So as I stated before, charging what they did for a box, with no packing supplies at all, is bogus.

Now don't get me wrong, I love what these guys are doing, and support them greatly, but wrong is wrong. Maybe my box was an isolated situation, but since it happened, I'm not wasting the $5 again.

EDIT: And for the record, I just did a test on on a PS3 game(I don't own any PS4 ones), and the bubble mailer has a shipping weight of 4oz, and the box I used which is about double the size they used, is 7oz. The bubble mailer cost $2.64 for first class, and the box with proper packing peanuts is $3.21 for first class.

So as I already stated, with their box, the weight wouldn't have changed much, and you can see the difference in cost. Which I calculated from my location in Vegas, to the east cost. Those that live closer to them, the shipping would be cheaper still.

Easiest order experience from them yet!  Passed on the tie this time but who knows I may get that itch later today lol.

Looks like the Vita version with tie may be available after the regular Vita version sells out.

Keep in mind that quantities (of the standalone versions) were limited to two of each copy not one this time so that's why they may be selling quickly.

Grabbed one of each of the standard version. I don't care about a $20 tie. I'm glad my order went through, I'm officially 11/11 on Limited Run Games releases. Now i'll continue to hope for Towerfall to catch their attention.

Grabbed one of each of the standard version. I don't care about a $20 tie. I'm glad my order went through, I'm officially 11/11 on Limited Run Games releases. Now i'll continue to hope for Towerfall to catch their attention.
9 for 9. Xeodrifter hasn't come out yet. Those are 8 and 9.

Don't feel like ordering any more ps4 games from them.  I'll just get a loose/floating disc like before, which makes the item worthless from a collecting perspective, especially for those who want to keep the item sealed and have already played the digital versions.  The ps4 case is Sony's worst designed ever....

LRG offers a LE and that's the one that doesn't sell?

I'm convinced the earth is wearing a goatee right now.
Honestly, that LE set wasn't all that great. I'm sure if they offered something of even mild interest, that would have sold out ASAP, as there CD bundles did.

LRG offers a LE and that's the one that doesn't sell?

I'm convinced the earth is wearing a goatee right now.
It was get the LE or get the game on both systems, finances are super fucking tight right now, I probably shouldn't have got one for both systems even... but it's Octodad!

I'm glad I went with the tie version, because I slept in after setting an alarm lol. I could always use another tie for work, especially since two of my three ties are pretty poor quality.

I didn't keep track of the time...so by the time I realized it was after 10, I put the ps4 version in my cart with supposedly 7 left and it was gone lol.
I'll set an alarm for 6 lol.

EDIT: Uhhh...I went back to see if the limited editions had sold out and realized there was something in my cart. There was the game the system had told me was sold out. It let me buy it. ._. Wonder what are the odds this will get cancelled..

I got both PS4 and Vita editions. I would of done the tie special edition if it were in special packaging but since its not Id rather just have both versions.

Did they say if they ever plan to reprint some of the other runs? I know they did two runs of Sat Morning RPG but curious about the others. 

Kinda wish they did something more akin to... batches of pre-orders, if that's what Sony wants, i.e., first 1,500 pre-orders means 1 run and then a 2nd batch if they got another 1,500 and so on until they couldn't meet the quota anymore (after which, the pre-orders as part of the un-met quota would not be printed). 

Did they say if they ever plan to reprint some of the other runs? I know they did two runs of Sat Morning RPG but curious about the others.

Kinda wish they did something more akin to... batches of pre-orders, if that's what Sony wants, i.e., first 1,500 pre-orders means 1 run and then a 2nd batch if they got another 1,500 and so on until they couldn't meet the quota anymore (after which, the pre-orders as part of the un-met quota would not be printed).
They never reprint the runs.

When they re-list games, like SMRPG, they're basically the relists of orders that's been cancelled, and then they have to get rid of them at some point, so they put them back up for sale.

There are never re-releases of prints for these titles, but they do re-list the canceled orders, and so on.

And it really doesn't matter what Sony wants in this case, but the partnerships of game devs, publishers, etc.

No reprints, EVER. As for qty's, they do half in the am, and half in the pm. Depending on the game, qty per customer vary. Octodad is 2 games per person per system. So you could get 2 PS4 copies and 2 Vita copies if so desired.

They also normally have extras after a few weeks, do to cancellations, but those qty's are really small, so you have to be quick/lucky.

Edit: Damn, beat me to it.

Edit: Damn, beat me to it.
But your heart was in the right place.

1437795580836.png

Final batch of listings up!

Next batch will be listed during the re-lists of cancelled order, which is TBD. Note, re-list batch will be low stock, so don't bank on those. There's also a chance that re-lists will only be available in bundle form, as was the case with the previous re-lists of titles.

Supposed to go live, but no option to add to cart?
Minor delay, they're up now though.

bread's done
Back