Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
With Indiebox shutting down it must not be that great an idea, but if Limited Run is slowing down to one game a month for the Switch, I wish I could just subscribe to get all of them and not have to worry.

What are their confirmed releases? Do you have a link where I could read about it?
Like Chris said, they haven't announced specific titles. They've been intentionally vague, probably to make the formal announcements more impactful.

As for reading about it, the best place to get pre-release snippets are from the LRG folks themselves. They're both pretty active on Twitter (LimitedRunDoug and LimitedRunJosh) and they're both here as well (Josh is Doomstink, Doug is LimitedRunDoug). I'm sure they're active other places as well, but those are the only places I actively see them personally.

Like Chris said, they haven't announced specific titles. They've been intentionally vague, probably to make the formal announcements more impactful.

As for reading about it, the best place to get pre-release snippets are from the LRG folks themselves. They're both pretty active on Twitter (LimitedRunDoug and LimitedRunJosh) and they're both here as well (Josh is Doomstink, Doug is LimitedRunDoug). I'm sure they're active other places as well, but those are the only places I actively see them personally.
Thank you for the kind information, friend! I will follow them and be on the lookout. There was just a strange suggestion by user above that there was indeed some confirmation on the releases in the pipeline. Apparently that is not the case...

Thank you for the kind information, friend! I will follow them and be on the lookout. There was just a strange suggestion by user above that there was indeed some confirmation on the releases in the pipeline. Apparently that is not the case...
NeoGAF is my other go to spot for up to the minute LRG info, as the guys post there as well. And many in that community follow their social media on the regular, and post updates pretty frequently.

So here on CAG or over there is really the only places I use, unless Josh says a game announcement is coming at a specific time, and then I check Twitter. But I try to avoid social media when and where can.

No problem! But yeah, no confirmed releases at this time. Hoping we'll get more details by the end of the year, but they may be hesitant to divulge too much with the slew of PS4/Vita titles we're still expecting this year.

NeoGAF is my other go to spot for up to the minute LRG info, as the guys post there as well. And many in that community follow their social media on the regular, and post updates pretty frequently.

So here on CAG or over there is really the only places I use, unless Josh says a game announcement is coming at a specific time, and then I check Twitter. But I try to avoid social media when and where can.
Reddit is the closest thing to social media I regularly use. My Facebook and Twitter accounts have both grown decrepit at this point, and I haven't posted anything since the Deadpool movie premiered a few years back. Still use them to silently observe stuff, but engaging in posts is too much of a hassle at this point since everyone seems to want to nitpick or start an argument. C'est la vie I suppose, but I digress.

Circling back around, I really appreciate that Doug and Josh take the time to interact with communities on a personal level rather than slate responses from a LimitedRunGames account. Kind of reminds me of atlusprime (RIP).

the neogaf thread is pretty much dead. they moved on to resetera

Dude if LRG does a run of Golf Story, that would be incredible. Been wanting to try that one but refuse to pay a dime towards a digital only game.

There is no sale this Friday. The next regular sale is November 10th and Crawl isn't even part of that sale. There is a variant of Absolver that goes up on November 1st.
Still nothing on their website about Absolver....don't they usually put their listings up a few days early? How much is it supposed to be?

What are you guys buying this Friday? Is crawler only good if you play online?
Crawl has offline same screen multiplayer for up to four people. No online multiplayer. It's a fantastic game that is definitely worth picking up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that it looks like Golf Story will be the first NS release. It's the first Switch-exclusive indie game that I've really wanted to try.

Does LRG get to pick what flavor the NS carts will be? I hope they don't have flavor variants.
If we had that choice, I'd make some pretty disgusting and twisted choices for flavors just to see the YouTube taste tests. The first release would taste really good just to leave people with a false sense of security. The second release would taste wretched.

Unfortunately, I think we're just stuck with the standard Switch flavor.

Crawl has offline same screen multiplayer for up to four people. No online multiplayer. It's a fantastic game that is definitely worth picking up. :)
Its worthwhile to note that if online is a deal breaker for anyone that Crawl can be share played as a work around for online multiplayer.

So I guess the cover art for Dear Esther is just still open if you made a claim prior, just got denied saying the window had ended and nothing else.
A shame, never heard a thing about it on here till recently.

So I guess the cover art for Dear Esther is just still open if you made a claim prior, just got denied saying the window had ended and nothing else.
Josh said that could happen if people opened a ticket, and he said something in regards to if it did, but I can't remember what that was(old age). LOL

My games were supposed to be delivered last Saturday.

Where are you?

tumblr_oynn1in8Jv1tctta4o1_400.jpg

Those were sent when they updated their system. My fantasy Friday bundle and my PAX West variant both showed as "unfulfilled" even though I received them long ago. Now that they're caught up (apparently) with shipping everything they've taken the time to catch up anything that didn't automatically update when it shipped.

On a different note, I won Absolute Drift via their twitch contest one night. It arrived today, and I must say I am quite sad I didn't get a card with it since I'm collecting the cards. I almost cared more about the card than the game with this release.

Hard to believe Skullgirls finally shipped. It's like a dream....
Did you have just a PS4 copy in your order because I had both PS4 & Vita but I requested a split shipment but have yet to receive a shipping notification??

You’d think after a year delay they’d make getting these out their #1 priority. Guess not.

Did you have just a PS4 copy in your order because I had both PS4 & Vita but I requested a split shipment but have yet to receive a shipping notification??

You’d think after a year delay they’d make getting these out their #1 priority. Guess not.
i am on the same boat

We're still working on shipping out orders that are just the PS4 version. Split order requests will be shipped after we've fulfilled all other PS4 orders since they're tracked and fulfilled entirely manually.

Hold shipments, combined orders, split orders, special requests and anything outside the processed shipping manifest always ship last.

Orders that can not be batched take much longer to process, pack, and fulfill. To not make everyone else bear the weight of that slowdown, they ship at the end.

If you value getting your stuff quicker - don't use the hold service and don't combine/modify orders after they're placed. Those are offered as a convenience and, at least for the hold service, to save you money on shipping. I understand the desire to split a Skullgirls order - just be aware that it will ship at the end of the cycle. For future orders, bear this in mind if you choose to do the hold service or combine an order.

Also, never pay by eCheck on PayPal as you'll likely ship weeks after a sale. They take 7 days to clear and by then we've already created our shipping manifest. eCheck orders only get picked up when we scrub for unshipped stuff after we finish shipping any given run.

I still haven't gotten a response on this from the ticket I opened last week. I am eligible for it since I initially requested it five months ago. Hopefully I can finally get one as I have now requested it four times.

bread's done
Back