Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
For some dumb reason I thought the digital version never came out, but it did last year. Steam wishlisted!

Oddly this is yet another game with xbox listed at LRG3 but not releasing on it now. Those numbers for xbox skus from the site’s javascript were *really bad* outside of Turtles and RCG2, so I wonder if they’re only putting out big name names now, like monkey island. That or they are waiting for earlier xbox titles to get in hand first…
You can grab a pretty nice $15 humble bundle right now with Powerslave Exhumed, Supraland, Haiku the Robot and Source of Madness.

Before I got a steam deck I would have jumped at getting Powerslave but I just bought the humble so I'm going to skip this now. Steam Deck has changed everything for me now. I barely touch my switch anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received the first of a few orders today.

In PS4:

• The Complex
  • Erica
  • The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance Tactics

I did not receive any cards with this order.

I thought these were supposed to come with cards if they were official LR numbered releases?  They came with orders in past blowout sales.

*EDIT*

Also of note is it appears the copy of The Complex came off the shelf of their store; it has a price sticker on the back over the UPC for $29.99.

Also of note is it appears the copy of The Complex came off the shelf of their store; it has a price sticker on the back over the UPC for $29.99.
I know this was mainly an issue with vita games the store was selling, but make sure it’s not a promo copy with a hole in the barcode. Some vita game buyers were pretty upset with the stickers placed over the barcodes hiding this.

I was one of those vita game buyers. Over a dozen with hole punched upcs covered up with a price sticker.

And if you don't want the sticker on, but don't want to open it yet? Have fun, I've never dealt with Price sticker harder to remove than LRG.

They're also hole-punched because they're not intended for retail sale. That's literally what that represents. Definitely feels like they're skirting Sony's publisher agreements by doing so.

I was one of those vita game buyers. Over a dozen with hole punched upcs covered up with a price sticker.
And if you don't want the sticker on, but don't want to open it yet? Have fun, I've never dealt with Price sticker harder to remove than LRG.
That's big yikes

It's on a Game Boy Color cart, but the game doesn't look to be in color?
Well the accompanying Switch game Melon Journey Bittersweet Memories looks the same so it’s a style choice.

The Japanese LE comes out March 9th and includes both games (a Switch cart for Bittersweet Memories and a Gameboy cart for Melon Journey 1).

"They didn’t want the bad publicity"

A quote that will be forever associated with LRG now.

Honestly the lack of communication has damaged the company. You at least gotta keep the big spenders In the know.

The last CS reply I got regarding the blind boxes stated "with the volume of orders we hope to ship out the blind box orders by end of Q1"....

That sounds ominous (but at least they replied, only took 2 weeks)

Alright so I'm convinced that Monkey Island not being released on PS4 is not due to "cutting back" on releasing games on that system.  Pretty much every game announced since then has a PS4 version so it must be something else.

There isn't a digital version of Monkey Island for the PS4. I'm sure if there was LRG would put that out too. No clue why Terrible Toybox and Devolver decided not to release a PS4 version.

Got my LRG New Years Blowout stuff.  Both arrived with plenty of bubble wrap and packing supplies, so no damage.

[attachment=37731:IMG_20230125_151525.jpg]

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
aplausos-clapped.gif

Also in the same vein to that, count me as one of the people to have their blowout sale order finally ship. So...yay I guess.

Maybe what LRG should do is a one time temp staff-up, like colleges would do at the beginning of a semester or stores at the holidays, just to clear their warehoused orders. That way, even if production is taking longer, when things get to the warehouse, they can be packed and shipped ASAP. It would take a load off all their regulars too and maybe settle the process overall.

A temp staff-up is a good idea, but they would've needed to do it around the holidays for it to be impactful now. There's a decent amount of lead time associated with hiring, training, and onboarding. If they started trying to find people now they might have more bandwidth in March.

If only there was some way to know they'd get an influx of orders from the Blowout Sale or trying to fulfill Dead Space orders at launch. Too bad there's absolutely no historical data, warehouse velocity tracking, or pre-order count. (/s) Oh well:

6vpKrIt.png

Maybe what LRG should do is a one time temp staff-up, like colleges would do at the beginning of a semester or stores at the holidays, just to clear their warehoused orders. That way, even if production is taking longer, when things get to the warehouse, they can be packed and shipped ASAP. It would take a load off all their regulars too and maybe settle the process overall.
They really do need to move to at least partial outside fulfillment services. To do so, however, is going to require a level of logistics and operational experience that they appear to have never secured.

A temp staff-up is a good idea, but they would've needed to do it around the holidays for it to be impactful now. There's a decent amount of lead time associated with hiring, training, and onboarding. If they started trying to find people now they might have more bandwidth in March.

If only there was some way to know they'd get an influx of orders from the Blowout Sale or trying to fulfill Dead Space orders at launch. Too bad there's absolutely no historical data, warehouse velocity tracking, or pre-order count. (/s) Oh well:

6vpKrIt.png
Well when I worked at an aerospace manufacturer, when it was time for physical inventory, everyone had to get down to the shop and count things. Didn’t matter if you worked in an office or cubicle. Smart thing for LRG to do after blowout sales would be to have all hands ( office & Doug and Josh) down in the warehouse shipping things out,

Well when I worked at an aerospace manufacturer, when it was time for physical inventory, everyone had to get down to the shop and count things. Didn’t matter if you worked in an office or cubicle. Smart thing for LRG to do after blowout sakes would be to have all hands ( office & Doug and Josh) down in the warehouse shipping things out,
That's a disaster waiting to happen. Counting inventory is one thing. Packing and shipping tens of thousands of items is a whole different thing. There are ways to solve the problem, but they require applying some expertise and spending some money to set up a system that is flexible enough to accomodate both busy and slow periods.

Just tried ordering Dead Space CE, and I keep getting this:

[attachment=37737:Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 1.16.14 PM.png]

Any idea how to bypass this so I can actually place an order?  I have never had an issue before.  Not sure what is up.  Also tried different browsers as well as 2 other addresses and get the same thing.

Just tried ordering Dead Space CE, and I keep getting this:

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 1.16.14 PM.png

Any idea how to bypass this so I can actually place an order? I have never had an issue before. Not sure what is up. Also tried different browsers as well as 2 other addresses and get the same thing.
thats an issue on their side, LRG

i remember this happening once on a big release. Everyone trying to put an order and we were getting this error, including big collectors like Metal Jesus. He even tweeted about it and tagged LRG. So maybe tweet the error message to their support team????

thats an issue on their side, LRG

i remember this happening once on a big release. Everyone trying to put an order and we were getting this error, including big collectors like Metal Jesus. He even tweeted about it and tagged LRG. So maybe tweet the error message to their support team????
I sent in a ticket, but then tried it again using Firefox, and it worked. No idea lol

They really do need to move to at least partial outside fulfillment services. To do so, however, is going to require a level of logistics and operational experience that they appear to have never secured.

6vpKrIt.png
You guys are definitely correct. It would take logistics, and want, to do something like that.

6vpKrIt.png
You guys are definitely correct. It would take logistics, and want, to do something like that.

I guess today's listings for 'Powerslave' confirm they're done with Xbox releases as theorized? Or is this just part of their lack of communication charm trait? I would have preferred this on Xbox, if I got it.

I guess today's listings for 'Powerslave' confirm they're done with Xbox releases as theorized? Or is this just part of their lack of communication charm trait? I would have preferred this on Xbox, if I got it.
The javascript inventory for their other xbox releases had very, very poor numbers outside of TMNT/Tetris/RCG2, which seemed ok to me. Still the lowest performing of the three consoles for those titles however so I wouldn’t be surprised if they scaled back and only plan to put out mega sure fire hits on Xbox from now on. Dunno what MOQ was on xbox but they didn’t come close to Switch’s 5K MOQ on Xbox that’s for sure

Just an FYI for those new years orders. I got mine and at least one of them had an LRG price sticker on back, so I'm going to be spending the next 20 minutes or so trying to remove it

Who's buying physical Xbox games?
Me, and cue the dozensofus.gif meme!

But it's not terribly surprising that things didn't work out. I'm sure most Xbox gamers also own at least one other console that LRG supports, so the impact is surely modest. There are few Xbox Series S|X-only SKUs, and if you have a choice between a shiny new PS5 title or a hybrid previous-gen/current-gen Xbox version, I would imagine many/most collectors preferring the PS5. And timing didn't really allow for them to build a strong Xbox userbase the way they have on the other platforms.

Like SFG said, I'm sure it makes sense to keep supporting Xbox for the surefire hits, but otherwise...yeah.

The javascript inventory for their other xbox releases had very, very poor numbers outside of TMNT/Tetris/RCG2, which seemed ok to me. Still the lowest performing of the three consoles for those titles however so I wouldn’t be surprised if they scaled back and only plan to put out mega sure fire hits on Xbox from now on. Dunno what MOQ was on xbox but they didn’t come close to Switch’s 5K MOQ on Xbox that’s for sure
I get it, but to point out the obvious, it goes against their whole original philosophy. But, I also know Xbox has much higher minimums than PlayStation and Nintendo, and wouldn't be surprised if this was the bigger factor. Otherwise I could see them publishing 1500 or so, like the early years, for Xbox releases.

Who's buying physical Xbox games? I'll defend LRG here that's a waste of time,money and resources.
Yeah, this is naïve, but people absolutely do. If people didn't, then no Xbox games would release physically.

I do. If it's a game I want, and want to keep, I always buy physical if the option is there. Likewise, I only got a Series X in 2021 after skipping the Xbox One, and have been getting older games (and switching games I bought on PS4 but prefer on Xbox like the Assassin's Creed series). Between used game prices and local shops promos/coupons (lots of B2G1), I get the games cheaper than when they are for sale digitally. Assuming they're still available digitally. I've recently gone back to Xbox 360 and Kinect games, and some of those are only physical now, like the Forza series, Dance Central 1 and 2, etc.

But then again, I and people like me benefit from people not wanting physical Xbox games, because the games are much less expensive because of it.

bread's done
Back