Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
They must have restocked on Best Buy because I was able to get the Switch Deluxe version just now without a problem. I love these games, not $200 love them, but definitely $50.

They must have restocked on Best Buy because I was able to get the Switch Deluxe version just now without a problem. I love these games, not $200 love them, but definitely $50.

I've just started to believe this is done intentionally: list something early in super short stock, let it sell out, let "OMG it's sold out!!" hype build, wait a bit, re-list the actual stock, people jump on the pre-order and be happy the got a pre-order in... and then forget it about their preorder.

I've just started to believe this is done intentionally: list something early in super short stock, let it sell out, let "OMG it's sold out!!" hype build, wait a bit, re-list the actual stock, people jump on the pre-order and be happy the got a pre-order in... and then forget it about their preorder.
That wouldn’t surprise me at all. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen a preorder go up, sell out right away then mysteriously be available again a few hours later. Except Nintendo stuff, those damn little amiibo can be evasive.

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen a preorder go up, sell out right away then mysteriously be available again a few hours later. Except Nintendo stuff, those damn little amiibo can be evasive.
Except the amiibo shortage is also entirely manufactured and calculated. Nintendo is notorious for stringing supply chains to generate demand.

I’ll take the vanilla version when it gets discounted. No FOMO here
This is my thought as well. Probably black friday it'll be $20 and an easy pickup then. The only thing in the deluxe version that seemed potentially useful is the map book. Not that I would probably use it, I like the idea.

Except the amiibo shortage is also entirely manufactured and calculated. Nintendo is notorious for stringing supply chains to generate demand.

Which is kind of a smart approach as they likely wouldn't sell well otherwise and would have died off last gen with the Wii-U & 3DS because Nintendo isn't in the business of filling bargain bins or devaluing their IP's. Plus with the sales on their main games not often going below $40, it gets people off of the wall to make a purchase when they want a game instead of waiting out the drops like so many do with other publishers who always end up hitting that sweet $15 to $25 price point. Stuff like Smash Bros Ultimate selling 34+ Million copies ... that's how you stay healthy as a company as most of that was probably at $50 per copy.

The Clock Tower on US PS1 is in reality Clock Tower II.

I legit did not realize there was a Clock Tower before Clock Tower... but the PS1 Clock Tower is honestly pretty damn clunky/hard to play, I cannot imagine something from the 16 bit era holds up all that well unless it's one of those text adventure games.

I legit did not realize there was a Clock Tower before Clock Tower... but the PS1 Clock Tower is honestly pretty damn clunky/hard to play, I cannot imagine something from the 16 bit era holds up all that well unless it's one of those text adventure games.

giphy-62.gif

I'm gonna wait a bit to see if I want to bundle Animal Well with Clocktower. I really wish the cover art for the standard edition was the boxes for the deluxe editions respectively. Wonder if they do that on purpose, make generic crap cover art for standards and something swanky for the DX versions.

There's maybe one game in that mess of a brain tumor inducing list that I would consider. Not going to say which one, but it's maybe $15 to $20 more on the aftermarket and I've resisted it for that reason. I saved myself a bookmark and set an alarm reminder.

As for the list, looking through even just standard editions (which wasn't just standard editions) it becomes clear really quick that their naming convention for games is asinine for a store. I don't know how I made it through all of those pages without going mad. Or maybe I am mad.

Cookie Monster Eating GIF by Sesame Street

Just saw the blind boxes for the blowout sale and the estimated ship date for them is July 15- August 5.

Wtf? I thought the whole point of them moving the blowout sale to may was for them to “have everything in stock and ready to ship” unlike in past years where the blind boxes shipped 3 months later.

But it looks like they are doing the same thing anyway?

I'm gonna wait a bit to see if I want to bundle Animal Well with Clocktower. I really wish the cover art for the standard edition was the boxes for the deluxe editions respectively. Wonder if they do that on purpose, make generic crap cover art for standards and something swanky for the DX versions.
Same. Animal Well & Clocktower might pull me back into the LRG vortex as I've been out since Castlevania Advance. However I've really cut back on game spending as a whole this year besides from a few cheap 5 & 10 dollar Walmart clearance games, I think I've bought two (being Stellar Blade & Metroid Dread). With having belt tighen the belt on spending in across the board, having a huge backlog, the fact I keep on playing the same games over and over & I have no interest in 98% of what been released so far this year or in the seeable future. I've kind of broken the habit.

I have a little interest in picking up the Tomb Raider remasters but I'll probably just order it from Best Buy if I do. I just really don't want to deal with the hassle of LRG directly anymore & I don't know if Animal Well & Clocktower is enough to push me over that hump.

I'm gonna skip the nonsense and just pay a bit extra for someone to pick up games for me from the shop directly. Then I don't have to worry about the zerg rush to the shop. Not like I want anything rare, but just makes life easier.

Every time they have a blowout sale, they have Dariusburst CS PS4. Do they have an unlimited supply of it? Always at a very high price. Great game though.

Every time they have a blowout sale, they have Dariusburst CS PS4. Do they have an unlimited supply of it? Always at a very high price. Great game though.
I've got the cheap Inin NA Dariusburst EX+ which is enough Darius for me as its not my favorite SHMUP. SLG has pre-orders available still for Dariusburst CS Core at $30. Sounds like it might be more definitive, although Switch only.

That Walmart sale blew through most of my gaming spending so I forgot about this sale coming up. Really looking to grab NEX MACHINA (PS4). Doom 64 (Xbox) was lrg first Xbox game and I never got to play it as a lad.

This drip feed approach sucks. I feel like last year they just put a bunch of stuff up all at once. Anyone sitting around F5ing this site all day just to save 10 bucks off eBay is a sucker. Time to go do something else.

bread's done
Back