Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Well, this is what I got. Basically, games I missed the first time around for one reason or another.

- Spelunky (Vita)
- Teslagrad (Vita)
- Doom Eternal - Steelbook Edition (Switch)
- République: Anniversary Edition (PS4/VR)
- Gotta Protectors (Switch)

I'm shocked the Vita games hadn't sold so quick. Teslagrad is the PAL version, but I already have many PAL games, so no big deal. This version definitely has the better cover art.

Was able to get House in Fata Morgana, shocked it didn’t sell out in 5 seconds

Had that in my cart but I didn't check out since I was waiting for Deathwish Enforcers... but oddly not one single version of that game switched from "Buy Digital" so I wonder if it will still show up.

For those trying to use the website to load the list... just use the link posted here from scorponok:

List of games included in the LRG Blowout Sale 2024. 10am ET on May 27th

It works.

The only thing I wanted from the sale for sure was TIny Metal Ultimate (which I grabbed a copy). I missed that the first time around and the aftermarket on that varies. There's one option only right now on ebay that is close to the same price (after adding tax). Beyond that there are only a few even in the US for sale. I played the long ago pulled demo (as I never deleted it) of Tiny Metal Hardcore Full Metal Rumble on switch last night just to remind myself if I was interested or not. Came away feeling like it's a good experience and since it's both games, might as well grab a copy to put along side my Advance Wars collection of games and War Groove.

Beyond that, was thinking maybe Double Dragon & Kunio-Kun Retro Brawler Bundle. Digital is the same price as physical (before tax & shipping), but I talked myself out of it because really the only games I want to play in that I'd just load up on my nes classic. I don't really care about the previously non-english versions of games in the collection.

I reviewed the list before the sale to see if there was anything I wanted. Glad I did because the site is broken.

I picked up Mythforce and Bloodroots for PS5.

Had that in my cart but I didn't check out since I was waiting for Deathwish Enforcers... but oddly not one single version of that game switched from "Buy Digital" so I wonder if it will still show up.
House in Fata Morgana was on “buy digital” for a good 15 minutes so some still could show up

I was considering the Monkey Island Anthology set even though I thought $175 was too much. But then at checkout they wanted another $50 for shipping... F that. I got both Personas 3 & 4 for Switch and PS4 from VGP a few days ago, so that's good enough for me.

Grabbed Hime's Quest as I forgot to get that one when it was live - would've preferred the orange cart, but I'll take blue.
The game is available for free, officially, so it still feels pretty silly.

What are the VHS editions? I see it for River City Girls Zero. Does it come with one of those mock, non-functional VHS tapes, is it just a bigger box with nothing other than the game, or is it a bigger box with some bonus (non-VHS) extras?

I'm unlikely to get it either way, but just curious.

Edit: Watched some unboxings of them. It's either a cardboard box that looks like a VHS and holds the stuff inside, or a cardboard flap that that looks like a VHS that is lifted up to get to the stuff.

Last edited:
Protip: If you want to lose interest in checking out with over $200+ just scroll to the end and look at the Switch's 'Sold Out' standard editions you missed out on. It will give you the courage and the strength you need to move on with your day.

Last edited:
I think I'm ok with how today went. I showed up about 15 min late and what I wanted (just Tiny Metal Ultimate) was available. The site was not working on my ipad for checkout (in private mode) so I went pc and was able to get what I wanted with no fuss. After 4 years from when it was put up for pre-order, I know at least I do want this game.

Anyone else not able to check out? I'm trying to buy games during the blowout sale, but it keeps giving me a shipping error. Says my shipping options have changed and to pick a different one. But I only have one option and I picked it.

Yeah, I think something is goofed with shipping. When I try to add preorders for Rogue Legacy and Tomb Raider it’s locking me into ship each item separately.

Unless that’s their new shipping policy that all preorders ship separately without any other option, which is just asinine enough for LRG to do to avoid complaints about delayed shipping…

LRG-1.png

Well. are you?

The blind boxes are of far less value this time looks like. Not only do they no longer include cards (at least it’s not mentioned) but they also no longer make guarantees about duplicates.

I noticed that second part only after I already bought some vita blind boxes…

The blind boxes are of far less value this time looks like. Not only do they no longer include cards (at least it’s not mentioned) but they also no longer make guarantees about duplicates.

I noticed that second part only after I already bought some vita blind boxes…

I remember when the Vita and PS4 blind boxes used to be $24.99 each. Honestly they should be giving you a slight discount on blind boxes since you dont know what you are getting. Now they charge $34.99 each, dont include a card, and you still don't know what you're getting. Not to mention you have to wait 2-3 months to get them. Easy pass.

I remember when the Vita and PS4 blind boxes used to be $24.99 each. Honestly they should be giving you a slight discount on blind boxes since you dont know what you are getting. Now they charge $34.99 each, dont include a card, and you still don't know what you're getting. Not to mention you have to wait 2-3 months to get them. Easy pass.

I bought Blind Boxes from them every year since they started, this is the first year I passed. In fact, I didn't buy anything at all this year. Usually the Blind Boxes would be at least a few games I didn't have and a few I wanted so it'd be worth the risk but there seems to be a lot of games on those lists that I got my in 21 or 22 Blind Boxes.

Grabbed Hime's Quest as I forgot to get that one when it was live - would've preferred the orange cart, but I'll take blue.
The game is available for free, officially, so it still feels pretty silly.

What are the VHS editions? I see it for River City Girls Zero. Does it come with one of those mock, non-functional VHS tapes, is it just a bigger box with nothing other than the game, or is it a bigger box with some bonus (non-VHS) extras?

I'm unlikely to get it either way, but just curious.

Edit: Watched some unboxings of them. It's either a cardboard box that looks like a VHS and holds the stuff inside, or a cardboard flap that that looks like a VHS that is lifted up to get to the stuff.

The VHS thing is prolly the dumbest gimmick they do. A fake VHS case for a game is dumb enough, but to make it box with everything stuffed in it seems worse.

Here is my "haul". I've been wanting the early Xbox releases for some time. Doom and Quake stay pretty low price, but the Double Fine games were my main goal today. I only did one Shantae CE. The rest were just the base game. The contents seemed too similar, so I snagged the one with the best steelbook.
Screenshot 2024-05-27 170359.png

You need to buy a plane ticket (or take a long road trip depending on when you live) if you want the actual LRG deals. It seems their physical store "tent sale" was where it was at: hard to beat $10 standard editions and $20 CEs!
Caveat being having to be ok with stuff being damaged and/or unsealed. Some of the $10 stand Edition games looked like Doug spent all night chewing on them.

You need to buy a plane ticket (or take a long road trip depending on when you live) if you want the actual LRG deals. It seems their physical store "tent sale" was where it was at: hard to beat $10 standard editions and $20 CEs!

I think had I known the prices were going to be that good, I might have done a road trip for it as that's do-able in a single day. So thank goodness I didn't know about that.

As always, the games i rushed to buy... are still up for sale after the big sale lol. Lots of other games too, so i can hopefully take my time and grab them.

Sigh, so it looks like they finally “fixed” the individual shipping issue, and now all the blowout “sale” items are back out of stock/removed from sale. Feels a little too convenient, all things being equal. Ah well, saved some money on that I guess…

Sigh, so it looks like they finally “fixed” the individual shipping issue, and now all the blowout “sale” items are back out of stock/removed from sale. Feels a little too convenient, all things being equal. Ah well, saved some money on that I guess…
Were you trying to order the blowout items with a preorder?

Yeah, now the blowout items are all out of stock and I’m wondering if I’ll just take my chances on Rogue Legacy 2 and Tomb Raider Collection on VGP or something else.
Ah gotcha.

I'm thinking about Rogue Legacy 2 as well, and the Lara Croft collection. I have both games on Steam (and the first on 360), but it's be great to have it physical.

They also really watered down the wording on preventing duplicates. In past years the flavor text made it seem like they were at least trying, this year they just threw up their hands and said fuck it, how many copies of Jumanji and Lawbreakers can we offload.

Skipped the blowout sale personally, I've been on vacation and if I am interested in something from them odds are it ends up at VGP/Amazon anyway.

They also really watered down the wording on preventing duplicates. In past years the flavor text made it seem like they were at least trying, this year they just threw up their hands and said fuck it, how many copies of Jumanji and Lawbreakers can we offload.

Skipped the blowout sale personally, I've been on vacation and if I am interested in something from them odds are it ends up at VGP/Amazon anyway.

Yeah there are things I wanted to buy, and just didn't. I'd rather give my money.....anywhere else really. It feels slimy just navigating their website.

I'll order some import anime from All the Anime UK instead. Or shop at Play-Asia. Or knock out another NISA collector's edition. an actual $100 one with substance.

I have a feeling a lot of the newest batch is gonna be Star Wars individual releases. First there was the retail combo packs then the all in one, no one is buying those individual releases anymore.

bread's done
Back