Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
grandpa-simpson.gif

Pretty sure the dude is gonna get banned for the homophobic remarks over anything else.

Shows your ignorance to post shit like that.

Hey @CheapyD go ahead & ban me. I could care less. I'll respond to whatever comment I want on here, including yours. Consider this my one & only warning!?! Don't respond!? Or what?? Gtfo here. I'm not your son. When sum1 on this site has the balls to have their own opinion that might b different than the general population on here there is a small group of pretentious assholes that write their lil sarcastic remarks which I feel discourages alot of silent users from becoming more vocal. It only causes more non-veteran type users to not wanna comment or join any convos. @chimpmeister you are 1 of the main culprits, that Poke... whatever the rest of his name is guy & a few others.

@Equippt Where I'm from you can call sum1 a fag for being "gay". It's not a anti-homosexual thing. It's been explained a million times be4. I think there's an old Eminem interview out there were he goes over this exact topic. I have no problem with gay people or any people for that matter. But if sum1 is being a fucking fag I'm gonna tell em. Homosexual or not. And I really dgaf wut u think I sound like. It's not like I called sum1 a faggot. That would be a fucked up anti-homosexual type thing to say. Everyone knew what I meant including you. Does any when gasp & say omg when sum1 says nigga?!? No, they don't. Why? Becuz there's a difference between that word & its origin word & the intented definition is reflected in the usage of the word.

Now fucking ban me for speaking my mind Cheapy. Didn't know this site was on some North Korea shit.
bye dickwad

bye dickwad
Wonder if cheapy can ban an IP, and not just the name. That was some above and beyond the call of duty stuff. Although I am partially guilty for playing into it like I did, probably should have just stayed quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I read it up to the point where he uses an Eminem song to justify homophobic language and realized we're all playing into this shit. Well done. 

So since we're in a dark place right now...

I understand the whole "limited" part of Limited Run Games is their marketing tactic.

I just wish someone would reprint these.  I don't care if it says "reprint" on the disc/cartridge burned into it. 

I'll gladly pay what Limited Run Games wants. I just don't feel like racing with people to feed the dying physical media trend.

Also, the resellers/flippers' prices on Ebay are just gross in my opinion.  I get it people are trying to make money on the lack of supply though.

I understand the whole "limited" part of Limited Run Games is their marketing tactic.

I just wish someone would reprint these. I don't care if it says "reprint" on the disc/cartridge burned into it.

I'll gladly pay what Limited Run Games wants. I just don't feel like racing with people to feed the dying physical media trend.

Also, the resellers/flippers' prices on Ebay are just gross in my opinion. I get it people are trying to make money on the lack of supply though.
Or at least, LRG should (in my opinion) just open preorders for each game for a limited time, then produce enough games to fill those preorders (plus a small extra amount). These games would still be very limited in total production, and would never be produced again, so they still wouldn't be very common at all. Existing demand would be taken care of without the mad rush to get an order in within a very small time window.

Everyone would benefit from this approach: LRG and the developers benefit from having the maximum amount produced (higher profits), and gamers benefit because they can be assured of getting a copy (or two).

Or at least, LRG should (in my opinion) just open preorders for each game for a limited time, then produce enough games to fill those preorders (plus a small extra amount). These games would still be very limited in total production, and would never be produced again, so they still wouldn't be very common at all. Existing demand would be taken care of without the mad rush to get an order in within a very small time window.

Everyone would benefit from this approach: LRG and the developers benefit from having the maximum amount produced (higher profits), and gamers benefit because they can be assured of getting a copy (or two).
I would be fine with pre-orders later on. Print on demand or something like reprinting of batches during certain parts of the year.

Honestly, I would not benefit as much by your method. Like many others here, I am not current with Limited Run Games's recent catalog.

I missed out on a bunch of titles I would have liked to have physical. I refuse to pay the reseller/flippers' prices.

If I had the money and the time to focus on the deadlines though. I'd probably be in the rat race like everyone else trying to secure a copy for whatever the intended purpose. Mine being to unseal the game and play them.

LRG has explained many times why their business model is what it is. Quite simply, the specific print run and nature of how they open up sales drives hype for the games and in turn allows them to sell out without worrying about tracking preorders and risking their funds on something that may not work out. Just look at how hard Vic at Gaijinworks struggled the last couple of times to hit what were some very low preorder targets. From the buyer's perspective, there is no tying up funds for months at a time and a relatively short window between order and fulfillment. From my perspective, LRG's model is great and I'm really getting tired of all the moaning and complaining from people who have never taken an entrepreneurial risk in their life about how LRG is doing something wrong. The market is open and if you have a better model, I would encourage you to take your money and time and provide a product using the model that you think works best for you.

Im sure the answers are buried in here somewhere but does anyone know if LRG, or anyone for that matter is going to release axiom verge or salt and sanctuary on ps4 on a disc? Or hyper light drifter? But thats pc only isnt it?

I really want to play those but have been holding out hoping for a physical release.

Im sure the answers are buried in here somewhere but does anyone know if LRG, or anyone for that matter is going to release axiom verge or salt and sanctuary on ps4 on a disc? Or hyper light drifter? But thats pc only isnt it?

I really want to play those but have been holding out hoping for a physical release.
Mainly just rumblings and rumors at this point. While they haven't ruled anything out when people asked them about it, they have also not confirmed anything for that matter, so it's really just up in the air at this point. I'm still hopeful it will happen.

I would almost bet money on an Axiom verge run. If not limited, then just a general run. Way too many people have been requesting it. It'd be leaving money on the table at this point.

I would almost bet money on an Axiom verge run. If not limited, then just a general run. Way too many people have been requesting it. It'd be leaving money on the table at this point.
Yup. Whether it's through LRG, Fangamer, or someone else. People like us would eat it up.

I just wish someone would reprint these. I don't care if it says "reprint" on the disc/cartridge burned into it.

Also, the resellers/flippers' prices on Ebay are just gross in my opinion. I get it people are trying to make money on the lack of supply though.
You have a chance to get the stuff you missed out on Black Friday (returns, the extra copies they kepy for replacement/lost items). So start saving. :p

LRG has explained many times why their business model is what it is. Quite simply, the specific print run and nature of how they open up sales drives hype for the games and in turn allows them to sell out without worrying about tracking preorders and risking their funds on something that may not work out. Just look at how hard Vic at Gaijinworks struggled the last couple of times to hit what were some very low preorder targets. From the buyer's perspective, there is no tying up funds for months at a time and a relatively short window between order and fulfillment. From my perspective, LRG's model is great and I'm really getting tired of all the moaning and complaining from people who have never taken an entrepreneurial risk in their life about how LRG is doing something wrong. The market is open and if you have a better model, I would encourage you to take your money and time and provide a product using the model that you think works best for you.
Not sure if you were referring to me with your "moaning and complaining" snarky comments, but if you read my post, there is nothing in it that qualifies for that characterization. My suggestions about the LRG "model" were only my idea of how they could actually increase the production quantities a little bit, to accommodate demand for these limited releases. Sorry I didn't request your approval before posting, but you might want to ease up a bit on your attitude when giving your own opinions about other people's ideas.

Not sure if you were referring to me with your "moaning and complaining" snarky comments, but if you read my post, there is nothing in it that qualifies for that characterization. My suggestions about the LRG "model" were only my idea of how they could actually increase the production quantities a little bit, to accommodate demand for these limited releases. Sorry I didn't request your approval before posting, but you might want to ease up a bit on your attitude when giving your own opinions about other people's ideas.
My problem is that you have posted the same "idea" multiple times. They have explained their business model repeatedly and why, in their opinion, your concept would actually make it far less likely that they would sell out. They aren't looking for ideas and I don't know why you think you have the background and experience to tell them how they could improve their business. You don't need my approval, but they also don't need your input, especially after they have racked up over $1 million in gross revenue since launch of their business. I would suspect you have never started or grown a successful business and perhaps you don't understand that just because you enjoy a particular product doesn't make you an expert in how to sell and market that product.

My problem is that you have posted the same "idea" multiple times. They have explained their business model repeatedly and why, in their opinion, your concept would actually make it far less likely that they would sell out. They aren't looking for ideas and I don't know why you think you have the background and experience to tell them how they could improve their business. You don't need my approval, but they also don't need your input, especially after they have racked up over $1 million in gross revenue since launch of their business. I would suspect you have never started or grown a successful business and perhaps you don't understand that just because you enjoy a particular product doesn't make you an expert in how to sell and market that product.
Again, I was just offering ideas on how LRG could increase production to adequately meet demand. Not sure who pissed in your Wheaties today (or most days for that matter), but let me offer you a friendly suggestion: drop the snarky, superior, arrogant attitude and try to be a little more civil in your future comments; it might make you a little more pleasant person to interact with in the future.

I won't be replying to your future comments, so don't bother continuing to beat your dead horse.

I agree that there could be some improvements made to how things are done, but I've been able to get each release, with little to no issues. These guys ship international, and while the morning releases are usually gone quickly, the second listing normally last awhile.

I don't understand the lack of understanding with the term "LIMITED", but these games aren't produced to be "in stock" for a period of time. I'm just super happy to get physical releases of games that wouldn't normally have one. The prices are right, and while I think shipping could be better, it's not bad.

To produce more qyt's, or offer some form of preorder and then produce based on those numbers isn't what these guys want, or what their business is set up to handle. As others have stated, if someone doesn't like what's being done here, don't buy from LRG, or start up your own business, and run it the way you want.

When they need thoughts, they have asked for them. As they have asked many times about demand, release times, manuals, and other misc interest. They are trying to do the most for the fans, but expecting things that the have stated they aren't about, it is "beating a dead horse", why bother?

I feel like this approach would work really well for better-known games. In fact, I think this is how Fangamer and Yacht Club are handling the Shovel Knight Vita release. Shovel Knight can get away with that because it's popular enough to pique interest all on its own. But not many games have that kind of draw, so having a strict limit might work better for lesser-known games like SMRPG and Futuridium by creating hype that probably wouldn't there if they were simply taking preorders. Then again, the LRG name itself may be gaining enough hype to make preorders work, but that certainly wasn't the case when SMRPG was released.

It's also possible that they're getting close to hitting peak demand all on their own. It took Octodad a couple of days to sell out, so basically everyone who wanted it had a decent chance to grab it while still allowing LRG to move all of their inventory. We'll see how this works out in the future, I suppose.

I feel like this approach would work really well for better-known games. In fact, I think this is how Fangamer and Yacht Club are handling the Shovel Knight Vita release. Shovel Knight can get away with that because it's popular enough to pique interest all on its own. But not many games have that kind of draw, so having a strict limit might work better for lesser-known games like SMRPG and Futuridium by creating hype that probably wouldn't there if they were simply taking preorders. Then again, the LRG name itself may be gaining enough hype to make preorders work, but that certainly wasn't the case when SMRPG was released.

It's also possible that they're getting close to hitting peak demand all on their own. It took Octodad a couple of days to sell out, so basically everyone who wanted it had a decent chance to grab it while still allowing LRG to move all of their inventory. We'll see how this works out in the future, I suppose.
I totally agree about this approach working best for better known games. I preordered Shovel Knight physical version from Fangamer as soon as it went available (even though I already own it digitally). Lesser known games like Octodad, Xeodrifter, and Futuridium all probably work much better with the current LRG model.

Now I really feel that Soldner X will be a much higher demand game. They did increase the total production quantity to 3200, but I think even at that level, it will disappear quickly. Other games like this (if they get physical releases) include Nuclear Throne, Axiom Verge, and Unepic, to name just a few.

Looks like they've decided to push all the extras of prior releases planned to Black Friday instead.

I guess I'll have to wait until then to try and grab Breach & Clear Vita now. :*(

Looks like they've decided to push all the extras of prior releases planned to Black Friday instead.

I guess I'll have to wait until then to try and grab Breach & Clear Vita now. :*(
Not sure where you're getting that, but they did list a Breach and Clear bundle for July 29th at 10 am EST which is $120 for both the PS4 and PS Vita games, the two soundtracks and two limited prints. There is also a note below that states that if you already purchased the Vita game previously, they reserve the right to cancel your order for the bundle.

Not sure where you're getting that, but they did list a Breach and Clear bundle for July 29th at 10 am EST which is $120 for both the PS4 and PS Vita games, the two soundtracks and two limited prints. There is also a note below that states that if you already purchased the Vita game previously, they reserve the right to cancel your order for the bundle.
Oh shoot, my bad.

It just wasn't on the main page, so my mind went blank, so started to make angered assumptions, lol.

Well, glad they followed through on that then, and now I'm happy again.

Also, happy to hear that they will cancel orders from people who bought Breach & Clear Vita the first time.

Now, the only downside is that the bundle is rather pricey for what I thought would have been a more affordable way to get Breach & Clear Vita as I don't have interested in Deadline. :*(

Help me out here those of you who have purchased from LRG already. I've created an account on the site, loaded a default address, is there anything else I can do to "prep" before the 29th? I don't see an option for stored payment methods.

Help me out here those of you who have purchased from LRG already. I've created an account on the site, loaded a default address, is there anything else I can do to "prep" before the 29th? I don't see an option for stored payment methods.
Use PayPal if you have it. I sign in pre sale, open separate tabs for the games and buy them. Order and check out in less than a min.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The typical ritual is just to sign in to Paypal about 5-10 minutes before the sale goes live, so when you check out and choose Paypal, you won't have to sign in again to Paypal, and of course, won't have to spend time entering payment info since everything should be set on your Paypal account.

This will definitely be recommended if you're one of the 30 people aiming to get in on the Breach & Clear Vita bundle.

I've had trouble refreshing the page before. I hit f5 on the specific item I want and it never goes live ((even after the usual 10 am time) so I have to go back to the full games list and reselect the item I want and then its page is live. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last time it started late so maybe that's why. Otherwise no, the page always updates for me when refreshing.
Same for me, no issues F5ing. But yeah, the last time they where snoozing, and it started a little late, but otherwise, updating the page has always been good for me.

If anyone is having an issue, try clearing your cache, or going with another browser. I have all kinds of issues with one browser, but not with others, I swear they are like women, as no two ever act the same. LOL

Man I am going to try to get my hands on the Breach and Clear Bundle, but I only want the Vita copy, so if anyone misses the PS4 game I would be happy to sell it at cost for whoever wants it. I wish they'd sell this for a little less and do a Vita only and PS4 only bundle.

Plan to get the two new releases this time, but was thinking about getting the soundtrack bundles.  Not having played these games before, do any of the soundtracks particularly stand out?

Aren't eBayers who are listng these for $39.99 with free shipping losing money after fees? Only a few seem valuable and the rest no one seem to care about. And how do some sellers have like 8 in stock when there's a one item limit to buy them?
Some guys go to extremes, and create several different accounts with different emails, and even mailing addresses. As that is the only way it seems possible, as LRG had huge lot of cancellations after B&C debuted, as they where checking pretty hardcore to make sure guys weren't scamming them.

Sadly, no system is full proof, so I'm guessing those guys are just going that extra mile, which in the end doesn't even seem worth the effort for a game selling so cheap.

It's started a little bit late (few minutes) in the last couple of release days, so just be ready for it.

bread's done
Back