Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
lol I think you're just taking the piss at this point, but I'll bite. I'll try explaining it like I would to a kid, maybe that will help. I'll try to go real slow for you.

Consider it this way:

There is a game with only 3000 copies printed. Of those 3000 copies, 2990 of them are kept sealed by their owners. Only 10 are opened to be played. Sealed copies aren't worth significantly more than open copies because the vast majority of copies are sealed---they're not special or desirable in any way.

Same game---2500 of them stay sealed and 500 get opened. Likely analogous to what's going on with LRG right now. Okay, the sealed copies are worth a bit more than an opened one, but not too much more because they're still plentiful, 5 sealed copies for every 1 opened that gets sold. The person who doesn't care is going to grab the opened one for a discount but people who want sealed aren't going to pay a premium just because it's sealed.

Same game again---this time, 2990 of them are opened and only ten of them stay sealed. Now the sealed copy is worth a significant premium and only people who really want it and are willing to pay for it are going to go after it.

My whole point is don't keep them sealed thinking they're going to be extremely scarce (compared to their opened counterparts, not to game runs in general, you dunce) and thus more valuable in the future. Everyone is keeping them sealed!
The only one "taking the piss" as you so crudely state it is you, with an inane, idiotic "analysis" of why you think very limited games won't be rare, won't be worth more sealed (lol sure), and will have "tons of supply" available (because a greater ratio if sealed games magically creates greater total supply). Nothing you said makes any sense at all, you're just regurgitating a bunch of meaningless words. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, that's kind of sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what makes the dragon fantasy a special edition? I didnt see any info on the product page.

Or is special edition the name of the actual games title?
I think I remember reading that they redid a bit of the story or added something in to make it more complete. It's so you don't need to play the first game to understand second.

Where did they say this?
They didn't. They just said the two "big" releases in October are PS4 only, not that there won't be Vita releases as well. In fact, they are hoping to have Volume, which is a Vita only product for now, as part of the October releases. Here is the exact quote:

The two big October releases are PS4 only. The final September game is PS4/Vita. Volume may hit in October and there is also another big game slated! Busy month but people will be really excited about the games.

November has a really awesome game slated that is only on Vita.

They didn't. They just said the two "big" releases in October are PS4 only, not that there won't be Vita releases as well. In fact, they are hoping to have Volume, which is a Vita only product for now, as part of the October releases. Here is the exact quote:

The two big October releases are PS4 only. The final September game is PS4/Vita. Volume may hit in October and there is also another big game slated! Busy month but people will be really excited about the games.

Damn, I better start working "overtime", so I can make extra funds for all these damn games.

Don't they know it's holiday time?

Sorry son, Christmas is going to be a little lean this year, I've got several LRG I HAVE TO BUY! LOL

Oh, that's good to know then. I wonder what the PS4 titles will be now.

And it's about time that Volume is finally slated to come out.

I've been playing a lot of Velocity 2X the last few days and I think this would be a great game for the Limited Run treatment. Great artwork, level design and just a fun game. I would love to own a physical copy for Vita.

Has anyone received their Octodad tie yet? I know the email they sent a while ago said late July, but I haven't heard anything since then
Got mine weeks ago. After seeing a couple folks say they didn't have theirs yet, I checked my collection to make sure I was remembering right. Got it sometime last month, and still have it sealed waiting for the urge to play it.

Got mine weeks ago. After seeing a couple folks say they didn't have theirs yet, I checked my collection to make sure I was remembering right. Got it sometime last month, and still have it sealed waiting for the urge to play it.
Are you referring to the game or the tie(or both)? They are asking specifically about the tie, and not the game.

If nobody opens their LRGs that means sealed copies should be in plentiful supply for years to come.

So I wouldn't keep yours sealed in the vain hope that it's gonna be worth way more down the line.

The really expensive sealed games are the ones that are so scarce because nobody thought to keep them sealed back in the day. Like Donkey Kong Jr. Math or something, that would be insane to find sealed.

In fact, if you did want to resell some day, most normal people are going to want to buy a used copy---only crazy (rich) people collect sealed games and it has always been a pretty small community.
Totally something someone would say to get everyone else to open their copies.

The only one "taking the piss" as you so crudely state it is you, with an inane, idiotic "analysis" of why you think very limited games won't be rare, won't be worth more sealed (lol sure), and will have "tons of supply" available (because a greater ratio if sealed games magically creates greater total supply). Nothing you said makes any sense at all, you're just regurgitating a bunch of meaningless words. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, that's kind of sad.
Actually, he makes a lot of sense while you just seem like an undereducated internet troll.

Anyone else unable to access the cheaper shipping option for Rez now?

Strange they would just up and remove that option all of a sudden, lol.

Anyone else unable to access the cheaper shipping option for Rez now?

Strange they would just up and remove that option all of a sudden, lol.
They may have had some issues in regards to multiple purchases and one flat fee, or they want to make sure extra copies are charged, etc(or they realized they can't technically use media mail, and opted to remove it).

They could have had any number of issues, as often times you don't know about problems until they happen. It's not like this is selling out soon, so give them a few days and see if it comes back.

lol I think you're just taking the piss at this point, but I'll bite. I'll try explaining it like I would to a kid, maybe that will help. I'll try to go real slow for you.

Consider it this way:

There is a game with only 3000 copies printed. Of those 3000 copies, 2990 of them are kept sealed by their owners. Only 10 are opened to be played. Sealed copies aren't worth significantly more than open copies because the vast majority of copies are sealed---they're not special or desirable in any way.

Same game---2500 of them stay sealed and 500 get opened. Likely analogous to what's going on with LRG right now. Okay, the sealed copies are worth a bit more than an opened one, but not too much more because they're still plentiful, 5 sealed copies for every 1 opened that gets sold. The person who doesn't care is going to grab the opened one for a discount but people who want sealed aren't going to pay a premium just because it's sealed.

Same game again---this time, 2990 of them are opened and only ten of them stay sealed. Now the sealed copy is worth a significant premium and only people who really want it and are willing to pay for it are going to go after it.

My whole point is don't keep them sealed thinking they're going to be extremely scarce (compared to their opened counterparts, not to game runs in general, you dunce) and thus more valuable in the future. Everyone is keeping them sealed!
Agreed, take a look at Atari Lynx games on ebay...

They may have had some issues in regards to multiple purchases and one flat fee, or they want to make sure extra copies are charged, etc(or they realized they can't technically use media mail, and opted to remove it).

They could have had any number of issues, as often times you don't know about problems until they happen. It's not like this is selling out soon, so give them a few days and see if it comes back.
Putting it back would probably cause more problems than it's worth though since the people who ordered it at the expensive shipping will not start complaining about it.

It's not like the people who purchased them with the cheaper shipping are complaining right now, just "potential" customers that are ordering now.

But then again, in either case, someone is going to be salty though. XD

How soon does LRG ship games out?  Ordered Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon last week and just wanted to know if there's a long wait before it ships.  

How soon does LRG ship games out? Ordered Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon last week and just wanted to know if there's a long wait before it ships.
It's usually a week or less. A few times I got the shipment email after the mailman had already delivered it. :shock:

ZTlxKHI.jpg

Shadow Complex was hiding in our side door yesterday.

I don't see Rainbow Moon there so did you just order Shadow Complex? Maybe they're shipping out single game orders first. 

My order is still showing up as unshipped. 

What does that gotta do with my question? I'm asking him not you.
All the ps4 games that I've ever ordered from LRG have come with loose discs. My Rainbow Moon and Shadow Complex copies havn't arrived yet, but looking at the trend analysis and knowing that nothing has been done about the loose disc issues in the past I'm 100% sure I'll have 2 floaters when my package arrives this weekend.

All the ps4 games that I've ever ordered from LRG have come with loose discs. My Rainbow Moon and Shadow Complex copies havn't arrived yet, but looking at the trend analysis and knowing that nothing has been done about the loose disc issues in the past I'm 100% sure I'll have 2 floaters when my package arrives this weekend.
That must drive you crazy. Shadow Complex is the first PS4 release I've bought from LRG, hoping I don't get a floater. I've had a few in the past for other games, and it's pretty annoying.

I'm 1 for 1 on my PS4 disc, so Rainbow Moon will be the tie breaker. What's amazing is that the one order that was actually shipped in a box, had zero materials included, so it slammed back & forth the whole trip, and never came undone.

Then the other game was sandwiched in between several other items in a tight bubble mailer and that's the one that came loose, who knew?

Loose PS4 disc is a common issue with all retailers and not just LRG. I get them all the time with amazon and Best Buy orders. You can even sometimes get loose disc in-store as well. This would be an issue if it was DVDs but they are blu-rays and those things are impossible to get damaged unless you really try to damage it on purpose. Also there is a way to push back the loose disc back without having to open up the case if you want to keep it sealed.

Loose PS4 disc is a common issue with all retailers and not just LRG. I get them all the time with amazon and Best Buy orders. You can even sometimes get loose disc in-store as well. This would be an issue if it was DVDs but they are blu-rays, and those things are impossible to get damaged unless you really try to damage it on purpose. Also there is a way to push back the loose disc back without having to open up the case if you want to keep it sealed.
Only happened once from Best Buy and twice from LRG (New n Tasty and Breach Clear Deadline). Nothing from Amazon, Newegg, and GameFly. I have almost 40 PS4 games. Ive also shipped out PS4 games to buyers. No issues. But it seems that many complaints about loose discs are from LRG.

This would be an issue if it was DVDs but they are blu-rays, and those things are impossible to get damaged unless you really try to damage it on purpose.
This is very true. I always had issues with scratched DVDs. But the vast majority of Blu-Rays I have are scratch-free, even after years of use. The production Sony used for Blu-Rays is legit, those things don't suffer from the casual scratching or scuffing that plagued DVDs. I've gotten loose discs before for the PS3, PS4, and just general movies, but this has never resulted in scratches to the disc. (while on DVDs it was a virtual guarantee)

Loose PS4 disc is a common issue with all retailers and not just LRG. I get them all the time with amazon and Best Buy orders. You can even sometimes get loose disc in-store as well. This would be an issue if it was DVDs but they are blu-rays, and those things are impossible to get damaged unless you really try to damage it on purpose. Also there is a way to push back the loose disc back without having to open up the case if you want to keep it sealed.
I've seen that technique described and even tried it on one of my floaters, it damages the game insert/artwork by putting dents and creases into it from the case indentations. Not a good option.

I've seen that technique described and even tried it on one of my floaters, it damages the game insert/artwork by putting dents and creases into it from the case indentations. Not a good option.
Yeah, I tried that too. Doesnt work well. I did a test on an open copy of my SFV. It wasnt easy. Got the insert indented. I actually tried it on New n Tasty at first. Not good.

bread's done
Back