Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I played the demo for One Way Heroics today... it's definitely not for me.  I'm glad they put out the demo though so I could figure this out for myself.  I definitely encourage anyone to download it and give it a try... not that it'll matter to anyone that is just collecting/reselling.

Just got my shipping confirmation for Dragon Fantasy, looks like ditching the fulfillment center is going to get these games into our hands a lot faster than they have for the last couple of releases.

Just got my shipping confirmation for Dragon Fantasy, looks like ditching the fulfillment center is going to get these games into our hands a lot faster than they have for the last couple of releases.
Doubtful. They most likely printed the labels and will spend the next few days packing items and applying labels. It's still going to take a couple of weeks to get through all of the orders.

This way should ensure higher accuracy and better care of the products. Too bad they have to ship the items themselves to ensure this.

Got mine as well. I only ordered the vita version.

Doubtful. They most likely printed the labels and will spend the next few days packing items and applying labels. It's still going to take a couple of weeks to get through all of the orders.

This way should ensure higher accuracy and better care of the products. Too bad they have to ship the items themselves to ensure this.
I got two confirmations, one with the tracking info and another to say it was in route. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find they worked through Saturday and Sunday to get the ball rolling shipping stuff out today. There were only 3K of each game... and if they prepacked any games before the sale (anticipating a certain % were single game orders)... then they could be well ahead of the game on shipping.

Their twitter says they're shipping Dragon Fantasy out themselves, might take up to 2 weeks. 

EDIT* How do people post tweets on here? Can't figure anything out these days.:lol: 

Last edited by a moderator:
The last release are actually done by LRG directly, as they mentioned they'll only be using the fulfillment center one last time with the next release wave as there will be way too many copies for them to handle on their own.

If it was still the fulfillment center we wouldn't have even gotten a confirmation for another week, and then another week for them to actually ship it out. ;D

Of course, it'll probably still take the LRG staff a bit of time to stuff envelopes on their own, but certainly at least they're printing up labels, and what not already in preparation, so that's a good sign.

The last release are actually done by LRG directly, as they mentioned they'll only be using the fulfillment center one last time with the next release wave as there will be way too many copies for them to handle on their own.

If it was still the fulfillment center we wouldn't have even gotten a confirmation for another week, and then another week for them to actually ship it out. ;D

Of course, it'll probably still take the LRG staff a bit of time to stuff envelopes on their own, but certainly at least they're printing up labels, and what not already in preparation, so that's a good sign.

When you click on the "..." on a tweet, it'll give you an option for the embed link.

EDIT* How do people post tweets on here? Can't figure anything out these days. :lol:
When you click on the "..." on a tweet, it'll give you an option for the embed link.

I think I heard someone say they had started packing them even before the sale. Probably a pile of vita, a pile of ps4, a pile of combo, etc. Maybe I'm wrong.

But yeah I got my confirmation too.

Vita games, almost always immediately, even in the second wave.

PS4 games, you're pretty much safe as long as it's within 20-30 mins of first wave, and an hour or so on second wave. It'll vary from release to release of course depending on the popularity of a title, but for the most part that's about what you want to look forward too.

It's best just to be there at the start of either of the release times to guarantee yourself a copy if you're looking for Vita, and PS4 games like 10-15 minutes.
Which is im certain shantea wont be gone in 5 minutes

Half-Genie Hero, the latest upcoming Shantae game, is being released on Vita. And Shantae and the Pirate's Curse can currently be pre-ordered on Amazon, for the 3DS. But that is all that is currently available on Amazon. There is no physical Vita release for Pirate's Curse, or Risky's Revenge.
There is but in japan only for europe thinking of jumping on it

I feel gross, I had to turn to an eBay reseller to get Dragon Fantasy. I was on a cruise last week so internet access was limited/very expensive so for the first time ever going all the way back to Breach and Clear, I had to buy an LRG second hand to keep my complete collection going.

I feel for you. That's exactly why I think those of us who've been consistent with buying every release should get an extra shot. Customer loyalty programs aren't unheard of. They should have like a "buy 5+" cool guys club lol.

I feel gross, I had to turn to an eBay reseller to get Dragon Fantasy. I was on a cruise last week so internet access was limited/very expensive so for the first time ever going all the way back to Breach and Clear, I had to buy an LRG second hand to keep my complete collection going.
I had to for Soldner bc of the whole fiasco with the soundtrack and glitch with people pre loading there carts.

For some insight - we've generated sales reports that break order combinations into groups and we're prepacking and printing labels using those groups. We've printed all 1,485 single Vita order labels (the largest order group) and have packed about 400 (just one person packing today). We'll have four people packing tomorrow so Vita should get knocked out as well as a huge chunk of PS4. PS4 and Combos (PS4+PSV) should be done Thursday or early Friday. SMRPG single vinyls will probably be shipped Thursday as well as standalone Dragon Fantasy CDs. All other order combinations will ship throughout the next week.

There is no preference on international versus domestic - we're shipping everything out as we get to the groupings they're in. The fulfillment center always left international till the end so this should be slightly better.

With us on shipping duties it means random freebies and gold stickers are back.

With us on shipping duties it means random freebies and gold stickers are back.
celebrating.gif

Oh man, I've been keeping my eye on Limited Run Games for awhile now and nothing ever really caught my eye. But in the back of my head, I always thought, man, if they could release the other 2 Shantae games for PS4, I'd be all over that. And low and behold! So I am eagerly awaiting their release.

LRG is one of the very few companies that I actively follow and care about. Maybe it's because they're so active in the fan community and going as far as commenting updates on websites like reddit, CAG, neogaf, twitch streams, and of course twitter. Even when they had a serious problem with the fulfillment center, they chose to do the more difficult thing and drop the fulfillment center and ship out 6,000 games on their own because they wanted to provide better quality for their customers/fans. Keep it up LRG, I'm sure I'll be doing business with you for a long time.

Also more t-shirt colors please. I'm a colorful person with a colorful personality and I need a t-shirt to match that. 

Which is im certain shantea wont be gone in 5 minutes
Shantae is also going to have a pretty big print run (for an LRG game) from what I remember when it was initially posted. That's another reason they won't sell out right away (but probably within a day or two anyway).

It's good to hear that the emails were pretty correct about shipping... and nice to know that fulfillment is handled in batches (single games, multi games, then more complex orders) as I suspected they were. So mine should be shipped today... and given my location it's actually very possible I'll have it this week.

I'm just glad to get the Black Tome of Ice version of Book 2, since the only other way to get the vita version is the EU PSN store. So technically we are the only region that has both the original Book 2 (PSN) and The Black Tome of Ice (think "Directors Cut") on Vita.

LRG is one of the very few companies that I actively follow and care about. Maybe it's because they're so active in the fan community
I think it's their roots as an indie developer that makes them seem so active. Back when I was heavy into iOS gaming it was very common to hang out with and post along side the developers of games over on toucharcade... including the Mighty Rabbit Sudios peeps that run LRG. I won't say they were among the more active at all, but they were active... and compared to most companies pretty much all of the ios devs making actual games (and not just IAP filled traps) were more active in the communities than most console/handheld gamers are used to.

Shantae is also going to have a pretty big print run (for an LRG game) from what I remember when it was initially posted. That's another reason they won't sell out right away (but probably within a day or two anyway).
I think Shantae might sell out pretty quickly, even with 5K copies of each game. It's a niche franchise but is pretty popular. I think it might go faster than Shadow Complex did.

I'd love for them to do a soundtrack for Shantae too. *fingers crossed*

Hmmmm... finances are getting a little tight. It's nothing bad, but money doesn't grow on trees. So I might have to just get a single platform for this upcoming release. (instead of the common dual-platform pick up that I enjoy) I'm leaning toward PS4. I love my Vita, but the PS4 is the superior platform for high-resolution enjoyment of these titles. So there might be two extra Vita copies available.

I feel for you. That's exactly why I think those of us who've been consistent with buying every release should get an extra shot. Customer loyalty programs aren't unheard of. They should have like a "buy 5+" cool guys club lol.
What about people who recently started buying and only have 4 but would continue to support them and how they would feel being excluded simply because they didn't buy enough and miss out on the 5th one they really want?

Or people who really like them and support them but only bought a couple because they didn't want the other releases?

It's easy to say stuff like that when you're only thinking of yourself, and not others or how it effects them.

Will the SMRPG Game + Vinyl orders be shipped along with the single vinyls?
Afterwards, but they shouldn't take long to pack and ship.

LRG is one of the very few companies that I actively follow and care about. Maybe it's because they're so active in the fan community and going as far as commenting updates on websites like reddit, CAG, neogaf, twitch streams, and of course twitter. Even when they had a serious problem with the fulfillment center, they chose to do the more difficult thing and drop the fulfillment center and ship out 6,000 games on their own because they wanted to provide better quality for their customers/fans. Keep it up LRG, I'm sure I'll be doing business with you for a long time.

Also more t-shirt colors please. I'm a colorful person with a colorful personality and I need a t-shirt to match that.
Thanks for the support! I wish we could be more active in the community than we are but we're stretching ourselves pretty thin already, haha. Once we sell out of some of our current shirts we'll be doing some new colors. We had a neon blue shirt with a hot pink logo when we started but they didn't sell all that well so we went with a more boring approach this time. We'll make sure something in the next wave is exciting!

Thanks for the support! I wish we could be more active in the community than we are but we're stretching ourselves pretty thin already, haha. Once we sell out of some of our current shirts we'll be doing some new colors. We had a neon blue shirt with a hot pink logo when we started but they didn't sell all that well so we went with a more boring approach this time. We'll make sure something in the next wave is exciting!
I just wanted to say I absolutely love what you guys do and I couldn't be more excited about the silver case so thanks for being awesome

Thank you for existing.

Shame the Shantae games aren't coming to 3DS or Wii U.  Well I guess Pirate's Curse is coming to 3DS, but not through LRG?  Would be nice to have Risky's Revenge along side the rest of the Shantae series there.

What about people who recently started buying and only have 4 but would continue to support them and how they would feel being excluded simply because they didn't buy enough and miss out on the 5th one they really want?

Or people who really like them and support them but only bought a couple because they didn't want the other releases?

It's easy to say stuff like that when you're only thinking of yourself, and not others or how it effects them.
Then stick around and buy the 5th one the hard way like everyone else before you had to?

Same terms for everyone, it's up to you how long it takes you to get there.

There's nothing LRG can do that can make everyone happy. Honestly, I think their system is pretty good as it stands. 

My only complaint was with how they handled the SMRPG bundles recently. Scalpers had a huge advantage with the random times since they rely on scripts to buy items as soon as they go up and they literally spend all day buying stuff. I could check on my phone while at work but I also have to actually work and couldn't just refresh the page all day. I know the chances weren't great either way but I feel like an announced time would have been better. 

Shame the Shantae games aren't coming to 3DS or Wii U. Well I guess Pirate's Curse is coming to 3DS, but not through LRG? Would be nice to have Risky's Revenge along side the rest of the Shantae series there.
3DS and/or Wii U titles would be great, but I'm guessing there's some sort of restriction preventing LRG from releasing on those platforms. Maybe the minimum order quantity is too high?

My copy of Dragon Fantasy was shipped out yesterday has been in route ever since. Currently the USPS predicts a Friday delivery. I'm pretty happy about that.

3DS and/or Wii U titles would be great, but I'm guessing there's some sort of restriction preventing LRG from releasing on those platforms. Maybe the minimum order quantity is too high?
I think it's just too high a cost for LRG. For one Nintendo doesn't allow non-region published non-retail games like what LRG is doing with Sony to bypass the ESRB. Technically speaking every LRG title published so far is "all-region" (right, I read that somewhere that the actual cart region is set to "all") but of course the game itself is typically still from one region or another. Dragon Fantasy TBToI is likely the EU version since it's the only one out there for Vita... Rainbow Moon is the NA version which is why the EU DLC doesn't work with it. Minimum orders for games produced by Nintendo are around 50K. This is a far larger pill to swallow than the 1500 (right?) that Sony requires minimum especially if you do an EU release as well since that doubles production costs. Sony also seems to take all their profits up front leaving the publisher to deal with selling the games and what to do with unsold copies. It works well for Sony. Nintendo on the other hand requires expensive insurance for production runs and the publisher doesn't get paid until well after the games are sold (See the Yacht Club website for the article about selling over 1 Million). This may be in part due to their distributor but, it's certainly something to consider in the big picture.

So it's just a lot more expensive with the money tied up for a heck of a lot longer. I don't know if LRG could weather the wait on a 50K order of games. That might grind them down to one release a year.

Add to that a big part of these LRG releases are the absurdly low print numbers. 50K is still limited but it's a massively huge limit that wouldn't attract as many resellers... which is a big part of the LRG customer base. So even if LRG could do it, they probably shouldn't because it would take a really great game to sell out at that number and they aren't there yet. They can sell out pretty much any game on vita with a small print run in minutes because of the resell market.

So on the plus side, we may not get any Nintendo games from LRG (unless they are unofficial hong kong specials or something for older systems... or Nintendo changes long standing practices for physically published games)... but we can rest assured that the more smaller run games that are special (like Asure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack, River City Tokyo Rumble, and Shantae & The Pirate's Curse) will be fairly easy to get day one due to that minimum order number for 3DS. So it's give and take. Less fighting for the really great games... but also fewer small indie games getting physical releases. Which really in the grand scheme of things is what made digital publishing so good to begin with and allowed smaller devs to test the waters with their ideas. Sometimes this worked out great but sometimes it didn't and we got some fairly mediocre to garbage games. Still, every truly great game that rises through the muck of indie developers reminds me that there are still great ideas out there and people that can turn those ideas into exceptional experiences.

My copy of Dragon Fantasy was shipped out yesterday has been in route ever since. Currently the USPS predicts a Friday delivery. I'm pretty happy about that.

I think it's just too high a cost for LRG. For one Nintendo doesn't allow non-region published non-retail games like what LRG is doing with Sony to bypass the ESRB. Technically speaking every LRG title published so far is "all-region" (right, I read that somewhere that the actual cart region is set to "all") but of course the game itself is typically still from one region or another. Dragon Fantasy TBToI is likely the EU version since it's the only one out there for Vita... Rainbow Moon is the NA version which is why the EU DLC doesn't work with it. Minimum orders for games produced by Nintendo are around 50K. This is a far larger pill to swallow than the 1500 (right?) that Sony requires minimum especially if you do an EU release as well since that doubles production costs. Sony also seems to take all their profits up front leaving the publisher to deal with selling the games and what to do with unsold copies. It works well for Sony. Nintendo on the other hand requires expensive insurance for production runs and the publisher doesn't get paid until well after the games are sold (See the Yacht Club website for the article about selling over 1 Million). This may be in part due to their distributor but, it's certainly something to consider in the big picture.
Do you work for LRG? If not, why are you posting walls of text about why they can't work with certain manufacturers or publishers? The minimum print run for Nintendo games is not 50K. While it's certainly higher than the low number Sony requires, Jason Rohner was able to do a licensed 3DS game with just 6,000 copies, of which 1,000 were a special edition with different cover art and contents. There are many niche games from other publishers that have only slightly higher print runs. LRG has talked about the difficulties of working with Nintendo and Microsoft on numerous occasions and print runs are only one of many factors that make such efforts difficult at this time, but not impossible in the future.

bread's done
Back