Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I don't care one way or another, but this argument really only works if the game was going to be available for purchase after release. IIRC, the only way to get Skullgirls was to preorder it. I think that puts some people between a rock and a hard place.

giphy.gif
This is a ridiculous argument. This game has been available digitally for literally years. Nobody was forced to do anything. If you wanted to order the physical, it was done with a preorder and like any purchase from any retailer, you agreed to be bound by the terms of the preorder. These games aren't vital to anyone's well being, they are luxury items and if having your money tied up for a while is an issue for you, you need to stop buying them completely as you have much bigger problems.

Of course Limited Run won't give me a refund for Skullgirls but they can delay it so whenever the fuck it comes out.
Stop buying random games you don't care about. If you weren't a huge fan of Skullgirls or a collector you should have passed. If you were just buying to flip for a little profit... definitely rethink your business while you wait.

That said, they weren't very up front about the stage the dev was at with securing the audio for the LRG version of the game. All they basically said was if they got 10K orders they would include the audio. So it seemed like they had already negotiated a price for the audio and that they just needed the money to complete the deal. So it was a little shady to not even have the process started of trying to secure the audio in the first place let alone seem skilled in the slightest for those kinds of negotiations. It also seemed a little shady to still have development work to pay for to get lobbies or whatever working. If I were a fan of this game, I would rather wait for a more complete version of the game... no question... but I would still feel a little used by the process. There are only so many holiday delays and excuses that can be used before it just seems like the people involved aren't very skilled at their jobs.

Lesson hopefully learned for everyone involved. It's a shame though this will be the fuel against doing pre-orders. As if somehow the pre-order was the cause of the delays or issues. :wall:

I think it was already negotiated. The JPN Company is just being very slow about the whole process.

Also, Autumn Games has been very upfront about development costs, which was why they asked for the amount of money for the additional Skullgirl Characters and their Indivisible Campaign.

Wasn't the skull girls more like a "build to order" type thing? I was always under the impression they'd only do it if so many were ordered.

Obviously a little delay in shipping if that's the case.

Wasn't the skull girls more like a "build to order" type thing? I was always under the impression they'd only do it if so many were ordered.

Obviously a little delay in shipping if that's the case.
They were going to do the run regardless. The 10k goal was for the JPN Voice Acting.

Ahh. I see ty for clarifying.

That does point to the fact that the game would need a little more polishing I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how I solved the delay of Skullgirls being a problem. Last time it was on sale for $4.99 I bought it so I can have PS4 and Vita versions digitally. Now whenever my physical Vita ships it'll be a good day. Bitching in this thread isn't going to make the process happen faster.

Ahh. I see ty for clarifying.

That does point to the fact that the game would need a little more polishing I guess.
Yeah, but since the magic number was reached, that meant that "work" would have to happen in regards to the legalities about the voices, and what ever other production needed to happen.

So your first thought was correct, as this wasn't a release that had a set number, a normal LRG release is done way in advance, and once the games arrive, they sell the set amount they have.

SkullGirls was always a build to order type deal, so I personally figured it would arrive, when it arrived. Most of the games offered at LRG are more than likely delayed, but we rarely hear about it, as they don't normally give release dates until they know the product will be at their offices.

Anyone here expecting a perfect date, and a perfect release was kidding themselves, and apparently just want to cause **** for the ***** sake.

Yeah, but since the magic number was reached, that meant that "work" would have to happen in regards to the legalities about the voices, and what ever other production needed to happen.

So your first thought was correct, as this wasn't a release that had a set number, a normal LRG release is done way in advance, and once the games arrive, they sell the set amount they have.

SkullGirls was always a build to order type deal, so I personally figured it would arrive, when it arrived. Most of the games offered at LRG are more than likely delayed, but we rarely hear about it, as they don't normally give release dates until they know the product will be at their offices.

Anyone here expecting a perfect date, and a perfect release was kidding themselves, and apparently just want to cause **** for the ***** sake.
That's exactly what I was trying to articulate. Thanks for that.

Selling Skullgirls Limited edition when it arrives. 1 penny+ 3.5% pp fees shipped. Pm me
Ill take you up on that. so what, like $5.01 ?? sure. verbal contract right there. ill paypal you $5.01 for your copy when it arrives.
NO TAKE BACKS!

A second copy for $5 sounds like a good deal.

Ill take you up on that. so what, like $5.01 ?? sure. verbal contract right there. ill paypal you $5.01 for your copy when it arrives.
NO TAKE BACKS!

Quoting this in case you changed your mind and becomes available. If that's the case, I'M NEXT IN LINE!

Of course Limited Run won't give me a refund for Skullgirls but they can delay it so whenever the fuck it comes out.
Not that you'll see reason, but we've already paid the devs royalties on the sales. It's not really a case of us sitting on your money arbitrarily refusing to give it back. You paid for a product and your money has now been split amongst the stakeholders. If you wanted the game when you bought it, I don't see why you no longer want it. We don't have a track record of failing to deliver things and neither does Lab Zero.

It'll be worth the wait - the manual alone is incredible.

Speaking of which, does anybody know when and what the next releases will be?

Cosmic Star Heroine has been teased all of 2016...
Also I am super excited for Darius physical!!

Speaking of which, does anybody know when and what the next releases will be?

Cosmic Star Heroine has been teased all of 2016...
Also I am super excited for Darius physical!!
No.

CSH was delayed due to the dev's family matters.

Josh/Doom, are you guys looking into releasing Sundered? As soon as I read this:

Furthermore, the team teased a possible physical release with more details coming soon.
I thought of LRG.

Not that you'll see reason, but we've already paid the devs royalties on the sales. It's not really a case of us sitting on your money arbitrarily refusing to give it back. You paid for a product and your money has now been split amongst the stakeholders. If you wanted the game when you bought it, I don't see why you no longer want it. We don't have a track record of failing to deliver things and neither does Lab Zero.

It'll be worth the wait - the manual alone is incredible.
you know you love sitting on the money farting on it :) come on you can admit it

i highly doubt i ever do anymore orders from them besides RPG games... really dont have time to play them

cough cough get more rpgs please :)

Quoting this in case you changed your mind and becomes available. If that's the case, I'M NEXT IN LINE!

NO TAKE BACKS!

I messaged them about it. I figure 5-6 bucks is what they asked for. Ill keep my place in line based on his offer here cuz i wanna see them have to keep to their word.

I dont think it'll happen, but NO TAKES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I messaged them about it. I figure 5-6 bucks is what they asked for. Ill keep my place in line based on his offer here cuz i wanna see them have to keep to their word.

I dont think it'll happen, but NO TAKES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Quoting in case you edit your message.

got Oxenfree and Aqua Kitty in, along with some rewards tickets, gonna have to stash them somewhere safe

I'm kinda curious on the ticket redemption, cuz mine are sequentially very close together, that seems like it would be easy for a nefarious person to guess some redemption numbers if they arent in some way tied to your specific purchase

I swear I ordered Aqua Kitty DX Vita but apparently my records show I was wrong. If I can switch I will with anyone interested. Otherwise, I'm happy to sell mine to any CAGer here for cost plus shipping (around 35 bucks). If interested just PM me.

got Oxenfree and Aqua Kitty in, along with some rewards tickets, gonna have to stash them somewhere safe
mine are still sitting waiting for pickup the USPS site says. So now im wondering which ones will show up first. O/A bundle or the C/S bundle

Very interesting to see rewards tickets in with my package from yesterday.

Has there been any hint as to what this program will entail? I hope some cool physical swag.

bread's done
Back