Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
We're pretty much heading in to a mega busy three months for PS4 collectors. Just so you guys understand, per our contract once a game is certified by Sony we only have 90 days to release it or we've breached our contract. We had a ton of PS4 games get certified at the exact same time and that has left us needing to release quite a few games in rapid succession.
If you're just buying Vita stuff, you're safe, I think we're only at 2 or 3 a month on those.
With Jotun, we are contractually obligated to release it by itself and the 14th was the only day we had an opening on.
Will Jotun have a new trophy set. I really like when you guys released titles with an additional Trophy set. Gave a cool bonus!!

lol are any of these even good?
I'm actually really personally excited for Oceanhorn. The worst thing I've read is that it's a mobile port, but from what I can tell, It plays like a old-school top-down(ish) Zelda game. I was hoping for it for a LRG release since I heard about it when it launched for PS4 digitally.

One of the lesson I had drilled into my head when I was a kid was 'If you don't have anything nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all.'

I actually ordered both versions of Bard's Gold at the last minute, it's a great little platform game. It's funny because I was standing in line at our Veterinary office, looked at my phone and saw it was 6:03pm EST. Jumped on the LRG website and ordered them both quickly, worked out fine.

I wish some of them were put together so I could save on shipping.
Pretty much every day has at least two games at once (outside of Jotun for contractual reasons) - any more than that and people freak out (like when we put out Pang, Mitsurugi, and Astebreed on the same day).

Pretty much every day has at least two games at once (outside of Jotun for contractual reasons) - any more than that and people freak out (like when we put out Pang, Mitsurugi, and Astebreed on the same day).
Yeah, most are on one side or the other for sure. As some want to save on shipping cost, so they want as many releases as possible on one day. Then you have the other side, that is worried about trying to get more than a few items at once, and then missing out.

I'm in the latter myself, as the shipping isn't that big of a deal, especially when getting 2 games. I would pay that in taxes in a normal retail situation anyways. I hate the mad dash of trying to get multiple items at once, and then trying to check out, it's just to much sometimes, and not worth the $5 savings IMO.

And when it's 2-3 games it's compounded by them being both PS4 and Vita.  That's what breaks it.

Six add to cart actions and you have to start guessing which will sellout first.

Ive gone as far as ordering the lowest quantity release on the most likely platform to sell out first (usually Vita) by itself and then going back and placing a second order (after the cart reservation change). 

Similar with collector editions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually really personally excited for Oceanhorn. The worst thing I've read is that it's a mobile port, but from what I can tell, It plays like a old-school top-down(ish) Zelda game. I was hoping for it for a LRG release since I heard about it when it launched for PS4 digitally.

One of the lesson I had drilled into my head when I was a kid was 'If you don't have anything nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all.'
it was a honest question. limited run games are usually crap

I wouldn't say they're crap, but they definitely lean more towards specific tastes. I'm a pretty mainstream gamer, and don't care much for 8-bit style games (except original 8-bit games and Shovel Knight) so a lot of these games are passes for me. But that doesn't mean they aren't good just because they aren't my cup of tea.

Yeah. Shantae, Oddworld, Firewatch, Oxenfree, The Swapper, DARIUSBURST, Furi, Shadow Complex, Wonder Boy, Ys Origin, Astebreed, Broken Age, Risk of Rain, Flinthook, Deemo, Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther. All crap! None of them are critically acclaimed or anything.

We release a huge variety of stuff and nothing we've released is objectively bad and nearly all of it has reviewed very well. If we haven't put out something you like yet, we're never going to please you.

Uh yeah, pretty much all the games released thus far have been universally acclaimed. Not all titles will please everyone, but to say they are all crap is quite absurd.

I'm not sure why you bother wasting your time posting in this thread as you seem to have a preset notion to what types of games LRG releases? That's taking valuable time away from play sessions of Call of Duty, Madden or whatever else you like playing....

also with that update, comes my reminder of my offer to @ketsui that he didnt want his copy as was gonna sell it for a penny plus paypal fees because of the hassle and delays.  I made an offer to him of $6 and have not gotten a reply.  I feel if he really doesnt want it he should keep his word and accept my offer.

He wont.  but wishful thinking.  

Cant wait for that to finally release.  

He rejected your offer because I offered him $6.01 instead.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAALOAAAAJDQyNjY3YjUyLTgwMWYtNDg4NS1hMjAyLTdmNjJkNzdlNWQzZA.jpg

We're pretty much heading in to a mega busy three months for PS4 collectors. Just so you guys understand, per our contract once a game is certified by Sony we only have 90 days to release it or we've breached our contract. We had a ton of PS4 games get certified at the exact same time and that has left us needing to release quite a few games in rapid succession.

If you're just buying Vita stuff, you're safe, I think we're only at 2 or 3 a month on those.

With Jotun, we are contractually obligated to release it by itself and the 14th was the only day we had an opening on.
Bring it on :) my wallet and continued support is ready hahaha. Don't post here often but wanted to say thanks for providing a quality product and additionally great customer service when I had a one-off issue.

When are you guys going to release Forma.8?
Is it going to be anytime soon?

I'm really interested in this one but its on sale on PSN for $5.99.
I may just have to buy the digital version and skip the physical release.

I've been really wanting to play it. I can wait if I can get a release window.
Anything? I really love to know when you plan on releasing this game.

Since its been well over 90 days since it was released on PSN.

Are you even releasing this game anymore?

Anything? I really love to know when you plan on releasing this game.

Since its been well over 90 days since it was released on PSN.

Are you even releasing this game anymore?
I'd imagine the 90 day deal is not for PSN approval but Sony publishing approving the physical version as that takes more time.

Uh yeah, pretty much all the games released thus far have been universally acclaimed. Not all titles will please everyone, but to say they are all crap is quite absurd.
Yeah, but most LRG releases would completely fail in the traditional retail publishing market. For a more niche publishing deal, they make much more sense. Especially stuff like Thomas Was Alone... which for free on PS+ or for a buck or two on sale was a nice fun little experience. It didn't require much brain work, had a cute story, and was over pretty quick making for a nice brain cleanser between bigger games. Even Shantae, one of my personal favorite series, had LRG releases that were on PSN for quite a while and had been through many sales where they were cheap. So they wouldn't weather physical publishing on the regular retail market very well. I'm sure the publisher behind the 3DS version of Pirate's Curse is probably questioning that decision a little as it's already reduced down to almost $16 on Amazon. It's a great game but a bit late to the market to get the fans to double dip.

Yeah, but most LRG releases would completely fail in the traditional retail publishing market. For a more niche publishing deal, they make much more sense. Especially stuff like Thomas Was Alone... which for free on PS+ or for a buck or two on sale was a nice fun little experience. It didn't require much brain work, had a cute story, and was over pretty quick making for a nice brain cleanser between bigger games. Even Shantae, one of my personal favorite series, had LRG releases that were on PSN for quite a while and had been through many sales where they were cheap. So they wouldn't weather physical publishing on the regular retail market very well. I'm sure the publisher behind the 3DS version of Pirate's Curse is probably questioning that decision a little as it's already reduced down to almost $16 on Amazon. It's a great game but a bit late to the market to get the fans to double dip.
I appreciate your thought here, but I mean, isn't that the whole point of LRG? They're not a traditional retail publisher, and for that very reason, go after games that wouldn't perform well that way, and then limit the quantity such that fans of the titles can have a physical version for their collection, whilst LRG reduces the risk to their bottomline by "ensuring" a clean sell-through.

Yeah. Shantae, Oddworld, Firewatch, Oxenfree, The Swapper, DARIUSBURST, Furi, Shadow Complex, Wonder Boy, Ys Origin, Astebreed, Broken Age, Risk of Rain, Flinthook, Deemo, Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther. All crap! None of them are critically acclaimed or anything.
We release a huge variety of stuff and nothing we've released is objectively bad and nearly all of it has reviewed very well. If we haven't put out something you like yet, we're never going to please you.
I honestly don't trust the critics after they panned Battleborn yet acted like Overwatch was a good game.

And can't you buy Shantae at GS?

I appreciate your thought here, but I mean, isn't that the whole point of LRG? They're not a traditional retail publisher, and for that very reason, go after games that wouldn't perform well that way, and then limit the quantity such that fans of the titles can have a physical version for their collection, whilst LRG reduces the risk to their bottomline by "ensuring" a clean sell-through.
This is exactly the point, so I fail to see why these comments about selling through at retail pertain to LRG in any way, shape or form. There are tons of games that sold out at LRG in minutes, and if offered over 10,000 at retail, would of course sit there and be discounted in due time.

"Limited" must have a new definition in the Websters or something, as that is why they are sold out at LRG within 5 days each time. This business model has nothing to do with standard retail, and never will. It's the apples and oranges argument over and over, again and again.

Most companies in general are moving a way from physical, due to the risk involved. That is why LRG has a business, as they meet a need, where there wasn't one before.

I honestly don't trust the critics after they panned Battleborn yet acted like Overwatch was a good game.

And can't you buy Shantae at GS?
To be fair, Battleborn had issues when it launched and took a while to fix. Overwatch was the better game when reviews were being done because it was actually playable.

IMO Battleborn is definitely getting better now and Overwatch has some glaring issues that they haven't gixed. Can't say whether one is better than the other thoguh, since there's some gameplay mechanics that are very different.

Don't feed the trolls, guys. The instigator in this case is clearly just trying to get a rise out of you.

As to Shantae, the Pirate's Curse is available on the 3DS from a wide release. (which is actually a pretty good version, the 3D effect works well with the parallax scrolling) 1/2 Genie Hero received a wide release on the PS4, PS Vita, and Wii U. However, the LRG version of Risky's Revenge is the ONLY physical copy of that game that has ever been made commercially available. And the LRG version of Pirate's Curse is the only version to be released on the PS4. Neither of those two games are available at GameStop, unless of course someone sold their LRG copy to GameStop. (a real possibility)

Yes that is a big part of the point of LRG... to capitalize on limited productions of games that wouldn't make it at retail because the market for them is either over saturated due to digital sales/deals or is non existent because of a lack of fanbase.

The issue was that all of the games are "crap"... and the quote was one response to them not being "crap" because of "critical acclaim". I think maybe a more palatable view is that the games LRG publishes are not highly desired by the market. Plain and simple. Some might think that means they are crap... but they aren't crap, but these also aren't gems that would sell well on their own in the bigger market. So neither is really correct. I would venture to say most of these games are a crap deal for most gamers. They mainly sell well because of the limited nature coupled with after market value. But even if some of the games I love rot in obscurity, I'm pleased when one of these niche publishers comes along and gives me the option to own a favorite game of mine in physical form. But I'm not wearing rose colored glasses about what I'm buying let alone enjoy. Not every game is worth $30 or even $60.... even among those I have greatly enjoyed.

Yes that is a big part of the point of LRG... to capitalize on limited productions of games that wouldn't make it at retail because the market for them is either over saturated due to digital sales/deals or is non existent because of a lack of fanbase.

The issue was that all of the games are "crap"... and the quote was one response to them not being "crap" because of "critical acclaim". I think maybe a more palatable view is that the games LRG publishes are not highly desired by the market. Plain and simple. Some might think that means they are crap... but they aren't crap, but these also aren't gems that would sell well on their own in the bigger market. So neither is really correct. I would venture to say most of these games are a crap deal for most gamers. They mainly sell well because of the limited nature coupled with after market value. But even if some of the games I love rot in obscurity, I'm pleased when one of these niche publishers comes along and gives me the option to own a favorite game of mine in physical form. But I'm not wearing rose colored glasses about what I'm buying let alone enjoy. Not every game is worth $30 or even $60.... even among those I have greatly enjoyed.
Firewatch, Oddworld, Broken Age, Shantae and countless others are not highly desired by the market? How did they manage to sell a million copies in some cases digitally? I mean if your point is that these games likely couldn't sell retail level quantities physically at this point in time at MSRP, you're probably right. It doesn't change the fact that collectors and gamers buy LRG games for a variety of reasons and the limited run aspect (and the ancillary resale value that results) is only one of those reasons. Since when did sales numbers of a game on a particular format have anything to do with whether or not something is a good game? Many of LRG's releases are niche titles and not everyone loves indie or niche games. That has nothing to do with the attack that was launched by the other poster about "LRG games are crap". Of course, you've taken your usual passive aggressive approach to LRG and weren't willing to let things go when others rightfully slapped down the troll.

There are valid arguments presented here from many angles- I'd just like to say that personally I wouldn't have experienced many of the titles outside of PS Plus freebies if not for LRG. That's obviously a good and bad thing. If you can't see why then that's probably why we have this failure to communicate here.

lol are any of these even good?
I'm sure your saying this to elicit some sort of reaction, cause you have a shitty life. If you state LRG games are crap, don't you have anything better to do with your life then go on a board about LRG and post negativity? Keep your negativity in your own life, and suffer yourself in your own little world. Also you should know that if you died in a car crash tomorrow, no one on this board's life would change at all. So if your life doesn't matter to anyone here, your opinion obviously means nothing at all.

Keeping out of the LRG debate but this part bothered me...

Call of Duty sells millions, that doesn't make it anything but another biannual shovelware turd.  

Been to a Wal-Mart lately? There is your mainstream American waddling down the isle buying whatever popular thing the TV tells them to. 

How about a Gamestop?  The scent of moldy socks and Axe body spray and dudebros walking around like wanna be gang bangers in their Raiders jackets slinging "nah bro" and "dawg" while buying the latest Madden or "dope" shooter for their xbox.

Have you seen the average American mass media consumer?  

Are we seriously using what they buy as the guideline as to what is good and what isn't?

"Good" and "quantity sold" are two entirely different things.

If we go by quantity sold, bottom barrel Civics and 328i's and C300s are better than CTS-Vs.  That's a laugh.

Keeping out of the LRG debate but this part bothered me...

Call of Duty sells millions, that doesn't make it anything but another biannual shovelware turd.

Been to a Wal-Mart lately? There is your mainstream American waddling down the isle buying whatever popular thing the TV tells them to.

How about a Gamestop? The scent of moldy socks and Axe body spray and dudebros walking around like wanna be gang bangers in their Raiders jackets slinging "nah bro" and "dawg" while buying the latest Madden or "dope" shooter for their xbox.

Have you seen the average American mass media consumer?

Are we seriously using what they buy as the guideline as to what is good and what isn't?

"Good" and "quantity sold" are two entirely different things.

If we go by quantity sold, bottom barrel Civics and 328i's and C300s are better than CTS-Vs. That's a laugh.
This might be one of the most offensive and disgusting posts I have ever read on this site. I'm sorry, but most people, including the ones who you are offensively stereotyping based on their appearance, are not braindead morons. I would imagine you have quite a bit of trouble navigating in the world given your narrow views and lack of understanding or empathy.

I think someone posted on CAG saying they found a copy of Breach and Clear at Gamestop... this was a while back but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it here. 

I think someone posted on CAG saying they found a copy of Breach and Clear at Gamestop... this was a while back but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it here.
From what I understand, GameStop can't take any of their titles in since they don't have an ESRB rating on them. Deemo probably doesn't count since it was on the plastic.

As of yesterday the affected orders have all been shipped out. You should receive it soon. Don't let this burn you on us, Oddworld was our biggest title to date and we shipped it out by ourselves (just two people). We've started using a fulfillment center so this kind of stuff won't happen anymore.

I ordered Darius for the vita 3 weeks ago, it shows shipping since June 29, still nothing shipped and today is the 10th of July .... is that normal for these guys, ?seems they don't kmow how to ship product! And worse they don't get back to you , I been waiting 3 days and still no answer from support via email....

I ordered Darius for the vita 3 weeks ago, it shows shipping since June 29, still nothing shipped and today is the 10th of July .... is that normal for these guys, ?seems they don't kmow how to ship product! And worse they don't get back to you , I been waiting 3 days and still no answer from support via email....
They posted that they printed the shipping labels (hence the shipping notice) but they were waiting for the new trading cards to come in before mailing. I imagine they may come in soon.

This might be one of the most offensive and disgusting posts I have ever read on this site. I'm sorry, but most people, including the ones who you are offensively stereotyping based on their appearance, are not braindead morons. I would imagine you have quite a bit of trouble navigating in the world given your narrow views and lack of understanding or empathy.
I dunno. If we take our emotional, PC toddler pants off I think he's largely right. You're correct that he's stereotyping, but that doesn't mean every single person is that way. I live in a part of Oregon that is a good mix of all classes and types, and my experiences in a Walmart or Gamestop are basically exactly what he's described.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I dunno. If we take our emotional, PC toddler pants off I think he's largely right. You're correct that he's stereotyping, but that doesn't mean every single person is that way. I live in a part of Oregon that is a good mix of all classes and types, and my experiences in a Walmart or Gamestop are basically exactly what he's described.

Really, you're gonna defend this kind of garbage? It's not about being PC. It's about facts and the truth. Are there people in a Walmart or Gamestop who at first glance may appear to fit in with some stereotypes all of us have developed over the years? Undoubtedly. Are those people actually the two-dimensional generalizations that we might think they are based on their appearance alone? Absolutely not. Maybe instead of judging everyone you see, you should spend a few minutes thinking about what's wrong with you that you have to see the world in absolute black and white terms instead of the very shaded reality that actually exists out there.

Really, you're gonna defend this kind of garbage? It's not about being PC. It's about facts and the truth. Are there people in a Walmart or Gamestop who at first glance may appear to fit in with some stereotypes all of us have developed over the years? Undoubtedly. Are those people actually the two-dimensional generalizations that we might think they are based on their appearance alone? Absolutely not. Maybe instead of judging everyone you see, you should spend a few minutes thinking about what's wrong with you that you have to see the world in absolute black and white terms instead of the very shaded reality that actually exists out there.
Ouch, you got me. I am actually a miserable wretch with near inumerable problems. And I completely agree that most things exist in the grey. Those people are extremely varied and unique versions of what he described. Better?

bread's done
Back