Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Feeding the troll, but, you should really learn what a scam is.

I figured he was hardcore trolling.

Regarding scam, that is specifically why I wrote "appears to be" and "scammy'. I really wanted to support their business model, I just can't after hearing countless members telling me they never get support, or they take customers monies, don't ship products, don't answer emails, and don't allow cancellations. What else would you call that then?

Regarding scam, that is specifically why I wrote "appears to be" and "scammy'. I really wanted to support their business model, I just can't after hearing countless members telling me they never get support, or they take customers monies, don't ship products, don't answer emails, and don't allow cancellations. What else would you call that then?
They’re like any other company. You have the majority who are going to bitch and moan and the others who don’t have issues and don’t have the need to post about it.

They’re not taking anyone’s money and running.

A majority of users have orders shipped within a couple of days after tracking information is generated. I know a few people personally who purchase frequently with at least a dozen orders each. All manufactured games have been shipped, no missing or damaged items, everything arrives as it should.

I have had to reach out to customer service twice. They responded to my questions within an acceptable timeframe (few days). They don't allow cancellations of orders to avoid getting left with dead stock, and for preorders, they run the quantity that is demanded.

I'm sure you could find some Amazon forums with people complaining about similar issues as you posted above. Would that also make Amazon a "scammy" company? The loud voices of the few doesn't establish the entire view of how a company really handles issues. LRG could improve in some areas, but they are in no way a scam in any sense of the word.

Shipping from LRG has gone like this the last couple of years. When a shipping label gets created it usually takes 1 to 2 weeks before actually shipping. Takes about another week or so to deliver.

When a game is "out for delivery" it never delivers that day. My LRG deliveries seem to be always be scheduled for Wednesdays, but I don't get them until that Saturday or the next week. While I've never had a game sit for a month after label creation I can say the way LRG games are never delivered on time is not the norm.  When something is out for delivery whether It's Ebay, Best Buy, Amazon, Play Asia, Target, Walmart, Costco, etc it delivers 99.9% of the time. 

Last edited by a moderator:

There is nothing about them that even "appears to be a scam". Nothing you mentioned is really true. Where are the "countless members" (if any exist, I can guarantee you can count them) that "never" get support? They don't ship products? Has there been some outlier where someone had to contact them because something didn't arrive? Probably. Not answering e-mails (which I don't even know if that's true given nothing else you mentioned is) isn't a "scam". I don't know how not allowing cancellations - something that they state up front - can possibly be a "scam".

I can totally see people not liking how they operate, but they are 100% legit. If you order something, you'll eventually get it. Their customer support will eventually respond and they will eventually take action. They are slow. "Slow" does not equal "scam".

You guys have nothing better do than criticize shipping times? They are a small business, not amazon. Be thankful they are providing you with a physical copy of good games.

On that note, thrilled for axiom verge and the messenger! Cannot wait to see what else they have planned for their E3 show

You guys have nothing better do than criticize shipping times? They are a small business, not amazon. Be thankful they are providing you with a physical copy of good games.

On that note, thrilled for axiom verge and the messenger! Cannot wait to see what else they have planned for their E3 show
Just because they are small does not give them the right to provide well below subpar service. It is unacceptable for any company to print a shipping label for your package and do nothing with it a month later.

Well my tracking number hasn't gotten any movement or update since 2/20.
Sometimes that's how it goes with LRG. I've had packages show up and then a week or more later get an email that the game has shipped. My last purchase (Golf Story) sat for weeks before it shipped and that was something they claimed was ready to ship when I ordered it. Still took more than a month to get it and the following week it showed up in Best Buy stores.

I've also had the link in the email or on the site be bad and had to directly copy/paste the tracking number to get the results. Double check that the tracking number it's pulling matches what it shows.

If you ordered multiple games that are expected to ship together, then expect to get pushed to after the single game orders go out. If it's a big release then expect more delays.

Just because they are small does not give them the right to provide well below subpar service. It is unacceptable for any company to print a shipping label for your package and do nothing with it a month later.
You need to watch "The Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld. Season 7 Episode 6.

The company has the right to do business at whatever speed they want. That's part of what customers have to weigh in when doing business. The shipping issue has been going on for years and only got worse as they went to more frequent sales with more games per sale.

So weigh in the factors for future purchases. At least they provide tracking so you can see it hasn't left the building yet and still have a chance to track the package to estimate when it'll show up.

You think its acceptable to send a shipping email and tracking number on 2/20 and make it appear a product is shipping when in fact it actually hasn't even moved yet a month later? People have a right to complain in my opinion.

I also had 5 "shipping" emails on 2/20 and one order was received within about 5 days of the email. The other 4 all came about 3 weeks after the initial email, all on the same day.

Open a ticket and DM them on Twitter. You’ll get a better response there than here.

You think its acceptable to send a shipping email and tracking number on 2/20 and make it appear a product is shipping when in fact it actually hasn't even moved yet a month later? People have a right to complain in my opinion.

I also had 5 "shipping" emails on 2/20 and one order was received within about 5 days of the email. The other 4 all came about 3 weeks after the initial email, all on the same day.
You know it’s an automated email from printing a shipping label.

You both have the choice to purchase from them or not. If you find their service and shipping unacceptable, then stop buying from them. Often times the prices on eBay are better than from LRG themselves. The shipping times and service might be better there too.

It’s your choice to buy from them. You chose to make that purchase and then be miserable with the results. Try not to inflict that misery on the rest of the community.

No it’s not acceptable but I’m the grand scheme it doesn’t matter. You will get your game. Patience is a virtue,

Open a ticket and DM them on Twitter. You’ll get a better response there than here.

You know it’s an automated email from printing a shipping label.

You both have the choice to purchase from them or not. If you find their service and shipping unacceptable, then stop buying from them. Often times the prices on eBay are better than from LRG themselves. The shipping times and service might be better there too.

It’s your choice to buy from them. You chose to make that purchase and then be miserable with the results. Try not to inflict that misery on the rest of the community.
I did open up a ticket and got a copy and paste canned response that doesn't even address why it is taking long.

If there is an issue with LRG, why would it be an problem to bring it up with the community or bring awareness to it? Nothing is going to improve if you just accept it as the norm.

You cannot say that I am being unreasonable when I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited a month later to contact them about my issue.

I did open up a ticket and got a copy and paste can response that doesn't even address why it is taking long.

If there is an issue with LRG why would it be an problem to bring it up with the community or bring awarenessto it? Nothing is going to improve if you just accept it as the norm.

You cannot say that I am being unreasonable when I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited a month later to contact them about my issue.

At times I feel as if I am on reddit here. The second you post anything that isn't "omg this product/company is best ever", you're instantly attacked for negativity.

There is no excuse for any company to hold back an in stock product for a month before shipping, or take weeks to answer emails. That is not being negative or unrealistic in any way. Now on the opposite, if you contact them and it's 24 hours later, or expect items to be shipped in nanoseconds, that is unreasonable.

I did open up a ticket and got a copy and paste can response that doesn't even address why it is taking long.

If there is an issue with LRG, why would it be an problem to bring it up with the community or bring awareness to it? Nothing is going to improve if you just accept it as the norm.

You’re still going to get farther with your issue by working with LRG than here.

You still have that choice to avoid buying from them.

No it’s not acceptable but I’m the grand scheme it doesn’t matter. You will get your game. Patience is a virtue,
Is that the same line of thinking you will make if you go to a restaurant and they take 2 hours to get a dish to you?

There is an expected level of service one should always expect, and you know LRG and has been dropping the ball on.

At times I feel as if I am on reddit here. The second you post anything that isn't "omg this product/company is best ever", you're instantly attacked for negativity.

There is no excuse for any company to hold back an in stock product for a month before shipping, or take weeks to answer emails. That is not being negative or unrealistic in any way. Now on the opposite, if you contact them and it's 24 hours later, or expect items to be shipped in nanoseconds, that is unreasonable.
And you fucks give it right back with the “white knight” bullshit.

Still not a scam. You still have the choice to not buy from them.

Except, by your own admission, you have no first hand knowledge of LRG because you haven't bought a single product from them. Why are you even here? Why not go back to the CE thread and continue with your threats to sue Gamestop and fifty more posts about how you can't decide whether to keep your Sekiro preorder. I mean, I realize you have some mental issues, but please give it a rest.

I know right, what a concept to not shop at the same place again and again that provides bad service.

There can be many reasons why a label is made today, and not ship for a month. Maybe the game has not arrived, but they are doing the labels now, to save time for when the item does arrive, so shipping can happen quicker. Did that ever cross the mind of anyone here? Of course not, as that's a "logical" possibility, and most here lack that level of ability.

I'm one of the more mellow guys here, as I think everyone should be heard and I hate bullies, so I speak up often on both sides of the issues. As for this issue, it is nothing new, and everyone here who has given advice has seen these same questions again and again. So when people reply that this is the way it is, love it or hate it, and you continue on, what do you expect? LRG doesn't work here, they have a forum of their own, and as others have stated, there are many options for getting these games.

Is that the same line of thinking you will make if you go to a restaurant and they take 2 hours to get a dish to you?

There is an expected level of service one should always expect, and you know LRG and has been dropping the ball on.
In this situation I would complain, and depending on the outcome, I may be back, or if it isn't handled to my liking, I would not return. It seems everyone here has issues with bad service, but yet you want the company to change, and it's beyond clear that's not going to happen. As the issues new guys are bringing up, are beyond old to most here. Many have left for these reasons, and many don't care, so they continue to shop.

You seem like you would wait 2 hours for a meal and then come back next week and wait 2 hours again, only to complain and do it a 3rd time as well. When does this become not a LRG issue, but your own broken thinking on the subject? There is only ONE thing in this life we have 100% control over, and that's your own actions.

You can't change LRG, anymore than they can change you, so why all the hate for an issue that's not going to get better? If enough people have issues, and stop shopping there, then they may make changes, but as you can see, many don't care. So choose your battles wisely, and I would say this isn't the one to go all in on, but that's my 2 cents, I hope it helps someone who has an open mind.

The point is, you are aware of the issues and yet keep buying. If it really bothers you that much, just stop buying or to continue your analogy, stop going to the same restaurant. Personally, I know LRG always delivers and given how many delays their competitors are now having with getting releases out, it's pretty clear that there are just a lot of factors beyond their control. There is no point in continuing to raise the same issues. It's like going to Yelp and seeing the same five people post bad reviews twenty times for different visits to the same place. At some point it's time to acknowledge there is something wrong with the customers and not the restaurant that continues to thrive and be successful.

Food will taste not as good after 2 hours of waiting. Your game will play just as fine if you wait. It’s a small business so they definitely deserve some slack.

They are doing so much good and have shown steps to improve.

You need to watch "The Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld. Season 7 Episode 6.

The company has the right to do business at whatever speed they want. That's part of what customers have to weigh in when doing business. The shipping issue has been going on for years and only got worse as they went to more frequent sales with more games per sale.

So weigh in the factors for future purchases. At least they provide tracking so you can see it hasn't left the building yet and still have a chance to track the package to estimate when it'll show up.
The "Soup Nazi" approach only works if you provide a product worth putting up with shitty service for. The soup nazi might be an insufferable hardass who forces you to jump through unnecessary hoops and makes the experience generally unpleasant - but, if his soup's the best around (and the experience unique enough to make a good story), it's still worth giving him your patronage.

LRG, though? You go there expecting an item, have to jump through their hoops to put in an order, and then get a shipment that's delayed well past the norm, even in the "niche online buisness" window of expectations. Then, when it arrives, it's in a bubble mailer, and you get to throw the dice on if you have a loose, floppy ps4 disk/scuffed up artbook/dented LE.

Meanwhile, the service they're offering is a variation on already-extant merch - IE, physical releases of games - that already costs a premium compared to the base item, on top of the shitty customer experience. You're not paying standard fare for this soup nazi's soup - you're taking the abuse and taking a big hit to the wallet to boot. Soup nazi doesn't charge you 5~6 times the sale price the other, shittier soup places do; his soup's just better, if served in a really obnoxious way.

And all of that would be easy to put up with - a lot of us have, in fact - if it weren't for the fact that other "limited run" style game publishers haven't started popping up and showing that you can run this kind of business WITHOUT the ridiculous logistical issues. LRG's been around for nearing half a decade now, and they've only ramped up their production in that period. During that time, though, they haven't done the same for the other aspects of their business - and that REALLY shouldn't be the case. It's totally fair to call them out on that; they're running out of excuses. They're still the only option to buy the games they release, save those that BB doubles up on, so if you want their product you still have to put up with it, but it's getting to the point that I can honestly say I wish just about anyone else would take their place in their current niche as the lead player and out-compete them from the market they've built up themselves.

I don't want to stop buying the product they produce; I want them to improve the service they provide, or for someone else to produce the product in their stead. Please don't defend the indefensible by going "lol just deal with it" or some such.

I’ve had a couple of issues with them, but I never felt the need to come in here to bitch about it every time. I submit a ticket and handle it with the company.

Again, eBay often has the games cheaper than LRG. Try there if you want another option. Yes, you may risk not getting something you want, but you won’t have to deal with LRG.

I see you’re one of those “loose disc” people, so your rant makes sense.

youre-all-a-bunch-of-yo-yos-shut-up-ya-yo-yos.jpg

The problem with not getting tracking info after a month of getting a shipping email is the average fucking customer has no clue if the order is lost somewhere in the mail system.  And yes, this has actually happened with one of my LRG orders.  So I can understand the concern, especially if you have hundreds of dollars tied up in the order.

The "Soup Nazi" approach only works if you provide a product worth putting up with shitty service for. The soup nazi might be an insufferable hardass who forces you to jump through unnecessary hoops and makes the experience generally unpleasant - but, if his soup's the best around (and the experience unique enough to make a good story), it's still worth giving him your patronage.

LRG, though? You go there expecting an item, have to jump through their hoops to put in an order, and then get a shipment that's delayed well past the norm, even in the "niche online buisness" window of expectations. Then, when it arrives, it's in a bubble mailer, and you get to throw the dice on if you have a loose, floppy ps4 disk/scuffed up artbook/dented LE.

Meanwhile, the service they're offering is a variation on already-extant merch - IE, physical releases of games - that already costs a premium compared to the base item, on top of the shitty customer experience. You're not paying standard fare for this soup nazi's soup - you're taking the abuse and taking a big hit to the wallet to boot. Soup nazi doesn't charge you 5~6 times the sale price the other, shittier soup places do; his soup's just better, if served in a really obnoxious way.

And all of that would be easy to put up with - a lot of us have, in fact - if it weren't for the fact that other "limited run" style game publishers haven't started popping up and showing that you can run this kind of business WITHOUT the ridiculous logistical issues. LRG's been around for nearing half a decade now, and they've only ramped up their production in that period. During that time, though, they haven't done the same for the other aspects of their business - and that REALLY shouldn't be the case. It's totally fair to call them out on that; they're running out of excuses. They're still the only option to buy the games they release, save those that BB doubles up on, so if you want their product you still have to put up with it, but it's getting to the point that I can honestly say I wish just about anyone else would take their place in their current niche as the lead player and out-compete them from the market they've built up themselves.

I don't want to stop buying the product they produce; I want them to improve the service they provide, or for someone else to produce the product in their stead. Please don't defend the indefensible by going "lol just deal with it" or some such.
Not sure where you came up with half a decade. LRG has been selling physical games since October 2015, less than three and a half years. Also, they have been selling a much higher volume of games than their competitors for most of that time. Play Asia and Strictly Limited have had serious delays of up to five months on some releases between order and dispatch. I've also had damage from Play Asia and Signature Edition, both of which have horrible customer service. Special Reserve has had an issue with every single one of my orders, including not shipping at all on two of them because their order system charged me but failed to record the orders properly on their side. The reality is that this is a complicated business logistically, especially with the requirement for ESRB ratings and the possibility that product will fail QC or other Sony/Nintendo requirements. It's pretty clear that LRG isn't going to change and likely can't change given the business model. As such, it's up to everyone to decide if they can accept that or not. For me personally, I'm fine with it as it's no different than Mondo or Iam8Bit or any other limited company. Again, this has been debated to death and if you want to give LRG feedback, take it directly to them, not in a thread designed to share information about upcoming releases.

The problem with not getting tracking info after a month of getting a shipping email is the average fucking customer has no clue if the order is lost somewhere in the mail system. And yes, this has actually happened with one of my LRG orders. So I can understand the concern, especially if you have hundreds of dollars tied up in the order.
This is 100% a legit issue, and should be addressed to LRG CS, as no one here is going to be able to help outside of stating our own personal experiences. 1-2 weeks wait past getting tracking is normal for me, where some others have had it take longer, either way, no one here works at LRG, so why would this be the place to ask questions, if said persons don't like the answers given?

The point is, you are aware of the issues and yet keep buying. If it really bothers you that much, just stop buying or to continue your analogy, stop going to the same restaurant. Personally, I know LRG always delivers and given how many delays their competitors are now having with getting releases out, it's pretty clear that there are just a lot of factors beyond their control. There is no point in continuing to raise the same issues. It's like going to Yelp and seeing the same five people post bad reviews twenty times for different visits to the same place. At some point it's time to acknowledge there is something wrong with the customers and not the restaurant that continues to thrive and be successful.
This is my first time with not getting an order a month later after the shipping label was created which is a huge issue. The problem is that they haven't done anything or provide me with any information to tell me when I should expect it.

Also please find a different post of me complaining about LRG here. You keep implying that I am a repeat complainer about LRG.

This is my first time with not getting a product months later after the shipping label was created which is a huge issue. The problem is that they haven't done anything or provide me with any information to tell me when I should expect it.
Months? I thought it was 2/20 you were updated. So, a solid 4 weeks as of tomorrow with no update to the shipping.

Now, I'm not saying that it doesn't suck having to wait... but just that this isn't unusual in this day and age with LRG.... so likely your order is perfectly fine and just hasn't shipped yet. They print everything before actually shipping it. My guess is someone probably thought they were doing good at getting ahead on getting shipping labels ready... but the downside is very early notification things are shipping.

Not sure you mentioned the game... and you've probably checked but here it is anyway... the Production Updates page...

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Also they put up "The Shipping Room" page: https://limitedrungames.com/pages/the-shipping-room

They are currently working on Hold Orders (assuming the page is up to date). It looks like they are working on putting up a second shipping room... so maybe things will improve as this business has been growing fast enough that they've had to move offices a few times in the last few years.

Months? I thought it was 2/20 you were updated. So, a solid 4 weeks as of tomorrow with no update to the shipping.

Now, I'm not saying that it doesn't suck having to wait... but just that this isn't unusual in this day and age with LRG.... so likely your order is perfectly fine and just hasn't shipped yet. They print everything before actually shipping it. My guess is someone probably thought they were doing good at getting ahead on getting shipping labels ready... but the downside is very early notification things are shipping.

Not sure you mentioned the game... and you've probably checked but here it is anyway... the Production Updates page...
https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Also they put up "The Shipping Room" page: https://limitedrungames.com/pages/the-shipping-room

They are currently working on Hold Orders (assuming the page is up to date). It looks like they are working on putting up a second shipping room... so maybe things will improve as this business has been growing fast enough that they've had to move offices a few times in the last few years.
Sorry should have said a month but this will be my last comment on the issue.

This is 100% a legit issue, and should be addressed to LRG CS, as no one here is going to be able to help outside of stating our own personal experiences. 1-2 weeks wait past getting tracking is normal for me, where some others have had it take longer, either way, no one here works at LRG, so why would this be the place to ask questions, if said persons don't like the answers given?
I 100% agree people need to contact LRG about this issue. However, I also feel it can be posted here as it helps determine whether its an isolated incident or affects many customers. From the posts here and elsewhere I can see that 2/20 was a huge day for printing labels and some have been shipped and some unfortunately have not yet. I also found out the incorrect state sales tax issue (for certain residents in PA and IL) because it was posted on the LRG forums and I believe their Twitter account. If someone didn't post it I may not have noticed it since only your order history and confirmation email give a sales tax breakdown (and not the actual purchase process).

They're just using Victor Ireland's Playbook for People Who Can't Bussiness Good

isn't this the last WiiU made? So that would warrant multiple copies that scalpers/flippers will buy.

It's not going to sell out in seconds. Nobody in their right mind is going to order thousands of copies of a game for a dead platform that is readily available on every other major current platform. Maybe if it was Scott Pilgrim or something.

Yeah that's bullshit. I have a feeling that people like me, that just want one copy to keep to play, will most likely get screwed
6000 is a ton and it would be incredibly shocking if these sold fast enough for people to struggle getting it

The WiiU was never big to begin with. Most big WiiU fans have moved on to the Switch. A lot of people still haven't heard of LRG. I have to guess there is not all that big of a WiiU collector's community. Sure, there is one, but it's not rabid. If it were 2000 copies then it might be a hard get. 6000 is a lot for the WiiU. If I had to guess, LRG are sweating bullets as to how they are going to sell 6000 copies. Any scalper who buys a really big amount should be prepared to be disappointed.

bread's done
Back