Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Man, so many of the final vita games are Kemco shit. That's really disappointing.
I feel like LRG is literally epitomizing "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" as they were once the champions of Vita releases for the west and now they're just releasing Vita releases of bad mobile games.

I feel like LRG is literally epitomizing "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" as they were once the champions of Vita releases for the west and now they're just releasing Vita releases of bad mobile games.
You take that back. How dare you insult the masters of RPG in the universe.

While your statement may be your current opinion on LRG, I've been seeing the same comments about mobile games since this thread started. LOL

There are many here who say they've never released any quality Vita titles, but yeah, I don't see much difference now than the start(except the games actually being on hand I guess). These last 4 games are probably some of the best reviewed games they have offered since the start in all actuality.

Did they announce a Stranger Things release literally 12 hours in advance?
Apparently. I think the Jumanji CE on Tuesday though takes the cake. I believe that was announced 2 hours before they put it up for sale.

The quality of these last few Vita releases doesn't bother me at all, its the apparent price gouging that is going on. Rocketbirds, from what I can see, is a $6.99 PSN title on Vita. Yet they are charging $29.99 for it? They could very easily charge $24.99 for it and still come away with $18 in pure profit per unit sold (assuming the developer is still getting the PSN price from LRG). They know these last few Vita titles are selling like hot cakes and it disheartens me to see they are taking advantage of their customers like that. It wouldn't surprise me in the least they raise the price of the last three to $39.99 each. Dick move for sure, but that is what we have come to. Once the Final Vita games go up for sale, I may be joining the many others who are out. I have a complete LRG Switch collection going, and many of their PS4 titles but it is becoming obvious to me anyway, that they are taking advantage of their customers (and longtime supporters) in certain aspects of their business.

In other news, Power Rangers is now up for preorder at Best Buy, both Switch and PS4 versions. The mystery retailer getting it ended up being Best Buy. Not sure why they were so secretive about it when they announce literally every other game Best Buy gets as being sold by BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviews for Stranger Things are mixed but I do like the show a lot.  Anyone actually played it?  Thoughts?  Also - would it run any better on PS4 or is it such a basic game that Switch can handle it just as well?

I've always thought it was strange that LRG puts no info about the actual games they sell on the product pages and always force customers to seek out any info elsewhere.  For some reason, it just dawned on me that they DO provide this info in their e-mail blasts announcing games going on sale, which makes it even more odd that they can't just copy and paste the e-mail write-up with the included game trailer on to the product page.   It's like their attitude is "Who cares what the game even IS?  You know you're never opening it anyway!"

I've always thought it was strange that LRG puts no info about the actual games they sell on the product pages and always force customers to seek out any info elsewhere. For some reason, it just dawned on me that they DO provide this info in their e-mail blasts announcing games going on sale, which makes it even more odd that they can't just copy and paste the e-mail write-up with the included game trailer on to the product page. It's like their attitude is "Who cares what the game even IS? You know you're never opening it anyway!"
After the first dozen or so of their games I realized this is what I was ultimately doing and why I stopped buying almost all of their games. I couldn't justify spending the money of them anymore when I wasn't even bothering with opening them or playing. Some of them I will grab because I'll get to them eventually, but other than that no thanks.

At least they added the soundtrack to Rocketbirds so I guess that may explain the $29.99 price.  Really wish it wasn't forced on us though, but whatever.

It also seems like there is no 2nd 6pm batch for Rocketbirds?  Don't see it mentioned in the product description or on Twitter.

After the first dozen or so of their games I realized this is what I was ultimately doing and why I stopped buying almost all of their games. I couldn't justify spending the money of them anymore when I wasn't even bothering with opening them or playing. Some of them I will grab because I'll get to them eventually, but other than that no thanks.
I realized that if I had to research a game to see if it was worth it, it probably wasn't worth it. "Limited" alone wasn't enough to sell me on most games.

At least they added the soundtrack to Rocketbirds so I guess that may explain the $29.99 price. Really wish it wasn't forced on us though, but whatever.

It also seems like there is no 2nd 6pm batch for Rocketbirds? Don't see it mentioned in the product description or on Twitter.
It says Coming Soon with a countdown, so it looks like it will get a second batch.

I picked up Rocketbirds this morning. Since they didn't release both Rocketbirds games on the same day and they said they are going to spread out the releases I better not see the next game until at least December or later. Spreading out releases doesn't mean next week or the week after.

Also their marketing efforts are the worst. They literally announced two games this week less than a day before they went on sale. How about devising a plan and schedule for your releases. They've been at this for four years now you think they would be better at scheduling and marketing their releases.

I picked up Rocketbirds this morning. Since they didn't release both Rocketbirds games on the same day and they said they are going to spread out the releases I better not see the next game until at least December or later. Spreading out releases doesn't mean next week or the week after.

Also their marketing efforts are the worst. They literally announced two games this week less than a day before they went on sale. How about devising a plan and schedule for your releases. They've been at this for four years now you think they would be better at scheduling and marketing their releases.
It really is frustrating at this point. By quantity of releases (not quantity of copies) LRG is one of the largest publishers in North America. At a certain point you can't say "Oh we're just a small company trying to make this stuff happen". I wouldn't have a job for long if I was this loose with my work, and it's certainly damaging to their reputation when stuff like this keeps happening.

I will say, though - I don't think this is the marketing side's fault. I think there's just too much going on between releases, events, streams, etc. to make a good marketing plan without shafting something. On a broader scale, they just need to slow down and focus.

Yeah, this x1000^, as it should be one game per month going forward, otherwise I call BS on this whole scheme.

I still think they are going to stretch this deeeep into 2020 to try and have the last NA release.  So I wouldn't be shocked to see Rocketbirds 2 pushed to next year.   Of course it also wouldn't surprise me to see them put it up next week just to screw everyone on shipping (especially the over seas suckers).

I still think they are going to stretch this deeeep into 2020 to try and have the last NA release. So I wouldn't be shocked to see Rocketbirds 2 pushed to next year. Of course it also wouldn't surprise me to see them put it up next week just to screw everyone on shipping (especially the over seas suckers).
Nicalis doesn't seem to be budging with their final Vita physical releases either. Its almost as if they are in a staredown with LRG to see who will blink first.

Nicalis doesn't seem to be budging with their final Vita physical releases either. Its almost as if they are in a staredown with LRG to see who will blink first.
In fairness, Nicalis hasn't been budging on any physical releases lately. End is Nigh PS4 was supposed to be released over the Summer and Ikaruga physical was leaked four months ago now with no sign of being put up on their store.

I find the whole dragging-out-Vita-releases thing funny. I know they're trying to keep people engaged with their site so those people will *maybe* buy other stuff, but it's not like they're going to magically find more Vita games to sell. Production is done already. Having the "last" game isn't going to make anyone extra money. It's silly and no one cares.

actually it will help alot to have the last game to make extra money.
Enticing people to buy blind boxes by having a copy of the last vita game in the batch will make more money, and similar future promotions.
Just look how Breach & Clear copies keep popping for major promotions for them.

Wow, 17 minutes in and Rocketbirds is still available. I remember when Vita games were selling out in less than 5 minutes. Received my Atari Flashbacks Vita today and such crappy shrink wrapping.[attachment=33081:image.jpg]

LOL if you go back far enough in this thread I swear I used the villain half of that to describe them before.

actually it will help alot to have the last game to make extra money.
Enticing people to buy blind boxes by having a copy of the last vita game in the batch will make more money, and similar future promotions.
Just look how Breach & Clear copies keep popping for major promotions for them.
Wait, it's popped up again?

I think I've seen it pop up at least 4x times since they first sold out. There one time when they sold the "final" 50 copies or whatever bundled with the PS4 game as the "series bundle" or something. Then it showed up in a blind box. Then the media copies (hole punched) copies showed up in blind boxes. Then they found some more in a warehouse or something and sold in another batch of blind boxes- which was I think 2 years ago.

Serious question... they could have just printed more of these without telling anyone right? Not like we'd ever know...

i haven't really been keeping track on how many times Breach & Clear has popped up, but you get what i'm saying.

I don't remember when was the exact last time it popped up for a promotion. Maybe it did during the recent 24hr stream charity thing? i remember hearing some rare stuff popping up during that stream.

I don't think they produced more, but rather didn't disclose the exact number of copies they still had or underplayed the amount they kept.

Iirc the original excuse was that they were stuck with a bunch of them and didn't meet the requirements to continue so some of the employees agreed to be paid in extra copies to keep things afloat. Make of that what you will.

As for a secret reprint... I wouldn't be entirely surprised if you told me they did it, but look at their business model. The entire thing might as well be printing money at this point. Would they do something as petty as that for a few extra bucks?... Now that's a question.

Reviews for Stranger Things are mixed but I do like the show a lot. Anyone actually played it? Thoughts? Also - would it run any better on PS4 or is it such a basic game that Switch can handle it just as well?
I beat it, it's worth the 20 on psn.

Check out reviews on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind power rangers isn’t a complete edition as season two dlc isn’t part of it. So it’s kind of a waste buying it physical.

It seems from these posts lately that LRG has gone on to become the Gamestop of limited release game companies. I remember their first days and months when everyone loved the games they were releasing, the "spread-out" timeliness of the games, the superb packaging to prevent damage in shipment, and most games weren't more than $10 above the digital release pricing except for the collector editions which only went to games that deserved it, not every damn release.

It seems from these posts lately that LRG has gone on to become the Gamestop of limited release game companies. I remember their first days and months when everyone loved the games they were releasing, the "spread-out" timeliness of the games, the superb packaging to prevent damage in shipment, and most games weren't more than $10 above the digital release pricing except for the collector editions which only went to games that deserved it, not every damn release.
Also worth noting that for a long time, there weren't collector's editions at all. The first one was Ys Origin, which was August of 2017, which was about 2 years after they started.

Ironically, when I was looking the date up, I found a complaint on GameFAQs about Ys Origin not shipping for 10 whole business days. What a different time that was.

You forgot the loose rattling part....

Just keep in mind power rangers isn’t a complete edition as season two dlc isn’t part of it. So it’s kind of a waste buying it physical.
If people are buying games that come with DLC regularly, it isn’t a waste. This is no different than buying a physical copy of Smash Bros, which has had tons of DLC characters added after the fact.

The game is “complete” in the same way.

If people are buying games that come with DLC regularly, it isn’t a waste. This is no different than buying a physical copy of Smash Bros, which has had tons of DLC characters added after the fact.

Battle for the Grid was super barebones at launch though. I don't think they've even got a full 1993 team and they're 2 seasons in.

Battle for the Grid was super barebones at launch though. I don't think they've even got a full 1993 team and they're 2 seasons in.
At launch it was. That isn’t the case anymore.

The game doesn’t need the full MMPR team. They’re over-exposed as it is. I’m glad they filled the roster with characters from other seasons.

Smash is a bad example as it comes with all of the modes and the vast majority of characters from the base launch version without needing any updates. The DLC is only a few characters which are completely optional.

Power Rangers launched crippled, has been expanded some (which will be on the cart), but still lacks a lot of the content that is still in development. This includes some story content.

I get where you were going with the comparison, but you should have used Street Fighter or something else that is more predatory with it's content delivery. I also find games like that are pointless to buy physical until they are complete. Smash though, is content rich without needing any dlc.

54b48bab3611e4532769ba66a8428ad5.jpg

YES! Thank you LRG! Been waiting for that one. Heard it's kinda buggy but hopefully those will he ironed out for this release.

bread's done
Back