Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
92635920181a9b8b274686a80811b806.jpg

Description under Divinity 2 says BB will be receiving a very small number of copies. Have they described the batch size as "very small" before? Worth chancing for the GCU discount?
I was worried about Aegis Defenders being a small order yet I found three easily in stock then bb.com added it. I no longer worry about the batch size - just whether BB is getting a game or not.

If anyone missed the Celeste CE, Fangamer has the PC and PS4 version available currently. The Switch version sold out in under 2 minutes.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/celeste-collectors-edition

Also, side note. Anyone else think it's absurd that they don't let you add other items to your cart when making purchases like this? $12+ shipping is extreme and it's a SE sized kick in the balls to make you pay that for each individual item you want to order.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone missed the Celeste CE, Fangamer has the PC and PS4 version available currently. The Switch version sold out in under 2 minutes.

Also, side note. Anyone else think it's absurd that they don't let you add other items to your cart when making purchases like this? $12+ shipping is extreme and it's a SE sized kick in the balls to make you pay that for each individual item you want to order.
They must have released more cause there was still 1 available till about 6 minutes after when I looked. I just want the standard PS4 version. Hoping they have leftover available during the New Years sale if they have it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For as long as I've been shopping there, I never ran across this issue, or if I did, it's been to long to remember. But I do mostly only buy books, posters and whatever else, as I've only bought standard games, if memory serves.

Yeah, that sucks for sure, but I'll assume they must be using a custom shipping box, and it's just easier to not have to pack something like this, with something else. As I'm sure the safety of the item could be compromised including other items in with this. It may suck, but getting a rare collectible that may not be replaceable sucks even more. I would gladly pay 12+ to Amazon, BB, Target or Walmart if it meant not getting a LE/CE beat to hell and back, with no way to replace it.

Have Best Buy copies of LRG games come with manuals and stuff too?
The primary difference between Best-Buy LRG copies and copies straight from the company itself is different cover art, and the absence of collector cards. LRG titles ordered off the LRG site always come with collectible cards. (at least the LRG-specific productions do, distributions from other companies don't) There is also usually some manner of difference between the cover art between the two versions.

The cover art varies from release to release, and whichever you prefer is a very subjective matter. Sometimes the difference between the two is small, sometimes it is large. Sometimes you might prefer the Best-Buy art, sometimes the LRG art seems better. There's no hard-and-fast rule with it, and it ultimately comes down to personal taste.

So if you don't care about the collectible cards, and the Best-Buy cover art looks fine, go ahead and get a copy from Best-Buy. Otherwise, order off the site. As far as manuals and content inside the box, there is no difference. Both versions come with the same content inside the case. The cover art and the cards are the only real difference.

Does anyone know if they ever said anything about not offering Best Buy cover sheets going forward? Timespinner's still isn't on their site for some reason. 

You know what game I'm surprised they didn't do yet? Super Meat Boy. I know the best buy variant and that was back in like Feb or March when are they actually doing it on their site or did i miss that?

You know what game I'm surprised they didn't do yet? Super Meat Boy. I know the best buy variant and that was back in like Feb or March when are they actually doing it on their site or did i miss that?
They've strongly implied (but not confirmed) that they're waiting to do Super Meat Boy until Super Meat Boy Forever releases (in theory so they can do a PS4/Switch release of that at the same time). SMBF was expected during the Summer/Fall, but it's been delayed to radio silence.

They did tweet this today, so it looks like they're really going to drag the Vita out as long as possible:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1204508240182218752

I just got the UPS/USPS shipping confirmation for my Metal Slug 3 Classic Edition for Vita. I hope it gets here before I travel for the holidays.

I just got the UPS/USPS shipping confirmation for my Metal Slug 3 Classic Edition for Vita. I hope it gets here before I travel for the holidays.
Yeah, finally got a shipping confirmation for that and the Corpse Killer LE I ordered months ago. Wonder what memorabilia I'll be sent with Corpse Killer. Fingers crossed for a 3DO copy....

Yeah, from day one, once these guys started actually getting more notable games, I said shoot for the stars, and to hell with slowing down or whatever most kept bitching about As I always saw it as a business first, and fan service second(if at all), no matter the kool-aid they tried to peddle around here. And that's not to say I hoped they would start selling video game branded toasters, but if there's a market, why not?

I'm always happy to see people have some ideals and a mission statement, but shit happens, and life changes. If it was up to me, LRG wouldn't have a business at all, as physical would be 100% all the time, but the world has changed. They saw a market when others didn't, and now they are doing what is best for them. So what maybe worked for them 3 years ago, is no longer the case, or maybe it is, it's their business to lift up or tear down.

If I no longer support what I see, I stop shopping there.They don't owe me shit, except for what I've paid for, and in all this time, I've always gotten just that, and when I didn't, it was made right, and that's all I could ask, NO MORE, NO LESS!
That is some major revisionist history. You've been a big supporter for LRG for at least a couple of years, buying most of their releases and at some point, you admitted it included systems you didn't own. You've also defended them throughout the years any time some one brought up something negative about LRG, calling those people trolls. If you claim you didn't drink their kool-aid, I'd like to know what your definition of that is because, to me, you were guzzling pitchers of it.

Both versions of Power Rangers are $10 off today at Best Buy. I guess they actually are willing to do a sale to move though stock no one is buying...

I don't mind all these releases. I am only getting Switch stuff and only those I'm interested in so not all of those even so more the merrier but this might be the second time within a month i buy 3 games per order.

As long as it continues to be games I have no interest in owning physically, they can have dozens of games on their front page and it doesn't phase me.  Looks like 2019 will be the first year I will have made it without buying anything from LRG.   That's not to say there weren't good games, just nothing I wanted that bad.

That is some major revisionist history. You've been a big supporter for LRG for at least a couple of years, buying most of their releases and at some point, you admitted it included systems you didn't own. You've also defended them throughout the years any time some one brought up something negative about LRG, calling those people trolls. If you claim you didn't drink their kool-aid, I'd like to know what your definition of that is because, to me, you were guzzling pitchers of it.
And what revisionist history are you referring to exactly? No where in my statement did I say I no longer support LRG, and you are very much correct, as I've bought a few PS4 titles, and NS ones, and I don't own either system as of yet. I'm also a few Vita games away from a full set and plan to submit for their freebie game when offered(if offered?).

I've called them out for their BS, probably about just as much as I've defended them, hence "I never drank their Kool-Aid". So when they started spitting the talk of wanting to preserve games for all time, that was great(I took it at face value), but no one should have followed that as the gospel, which I didn't, and that's what I was referring to. As most around here want to say they said this one day, and then changed it the next(all in pursuit of dollars), yeah, maybe they did, I could care less, as I never put any stock in that statement one way or another. I'm here for physical games, that's my mission statement, whatever theirs was or is, is on them. I don't need guys to walk on water, so I can buy a game from them, as it's their company and they can do what they want.

So yeah, I support LRG, I also support "N"(who I rarely support anymore), Sony & MS from time to time, and I call them on their BS just the same as well. Drinking the Kool-Aid is 110% blind support to a cause, and never questioning the narrative, and I question all these ass clowns all the time.

Vita full set and free dangle game is such a good marketing tactic to get you to buy junk games that you don't need. That's like buying every EA publish game because they said they are going to give you this game that they don't want to talk about, but it will be awesome because only a worthy few will get to own it.

Just got a fun email. "Don't miss our extremely limited collector's edition of Jumanji: The Video Game". It's been on their site for like a month.

Just got a fun email. "Don't miss our extremely limited collector's edition of Jumanji: The Video Game". It's been on their site for like a month.
they have

67 out of 2000 copies left for the Switch

56 out of 1000 copies left for the PS4

34 out of 500 copies left for the XBOX ONE

Bc no one is buying and are probably taking a loss on it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vita full set and free dangle game is such a good marketing tactic to get you to buy junk games that you don't need. That's like buying every EA publish game because they said they are going to give you this game that they don't want to talk about, but it will be awesome because only a worthy few will get to own it.
Well, I had a 99.9% complete Vita set before they ever offered the free game, as I had every intention to play each game I bought. I also wanted to show support to LRG, in the hopes other people would see the value in physical and do what they had done(developers & publishers). As my only real concern or want was "physical", and that wasn't going to happen unless fans do indeed support physical. If not for LRG and other companies like them, this next console gen could have been full on digital, and now it looks delayed for at least one more go, which is a major win in my book.

I've also made some life choice since that free game was announced, and I'm no longer actively collecting physical, like I've done my whole life up until now. I'll still buy a physical game if the price is right, but I'm no longer buying each game I personally want in physical form 100% of the time. So in the past, if the digital game was $10, and the physical was $100, I would always buy the physical at the higher price, no matter what(for games I actually wanted to play of course). Now, if digital is $10, and the physical $20, I'll probably buy the digital, as now I've just came to my own new truth and have made changes that I feel needed to be made.

So these last few LRG Vita titles are my last hoorah to me buying physical, as it shows support to a cause I strongly believe in, and would hate to see end. It's also a show of support to LRG and the developers who teamed up with them to preserve their games, even though many dropped the ball with needed updates after the fact. And last, but most certainly not the least, is my support to possibly the greatest handheld ever offered, THE VITA(LIFE). So to trivialize my life as a game collector, down to a dangled free game, shows just how little you know about me, or why I do what I do. But I've shown a little piece of that here today, and hopefully others will see supporting anything is always more than just a transaction, as often we can have other reason for doing what we do.

And last, but most certainly not the least, is my support to possibly the greatest handheld ever offered, THE VITA(LIFE). So to trivialize my life as a game collector, down to a dangled free game, shows just how little you know about me, or why I do what I do. But I've shown a little piece of that here today, and hopefully others will see supporting anything is always more than just a transaction, as often we can have other reason for doing what we do.
Of course I know nothing about you, nor do I care what you do with your time or money. I am just stating how they get and entice people to buy games that they wouldn't otherwise.

you have none of current gen consoles (about to be last gen, from 2013) nor a gaming PC but you've spent thou$and$ upon thou$and$ of dollars on an LRG complete Vita collection.

bravo. well done.  definitely not a shill for the company.  u r a true gamer. 

So these last few LRG Vita titles are my last hoorah to me buying physical, as it shows support to a cause I strongly believe in, and would hate to see end. It's also a show of support to LRG and the developers who teamed up with them to preserve their games
I stopped supporting LRG after Breach & Clear. The effort worked, they got started, after that they didn't need me buying games I didn't even want as pretty much everything sold out. For the most part there is very little in my gaming purchases over the last few years that I'd consider "support". The closest things would be Shenmue III and some of the Yakuza games. I would have bought them anyway because I wanted the games physical but I didn't wait on sales for much of that so I consider that some small level of support.

I'm surprised you still consider your purchases as some kind of support. The vita games all sell out. Since you've already sold all of your regular vita physical games off, isn't the only reason you are sticking around for the end of LRG's releases for the free game so you can just flip the rest of the collection to ebay? No harm in that, but kind of odd you'd spin it like some altruistic endeavor to support a system you've already purged mostly from your collection.

I stopped supporting LRG after Breach & Clear. The effort worked, they got started, after that they didn't need me buying games I didn't even want as pretty much everything sold out. For the most part there is very little in my gaming purchases over the last few years that I'd consider "support". The closest things would be Shenmue III and some of the Yakuza games. I would have bought them anyway because I wanted the games physical but I didn't wait on sales for much of that so I consider that some small level of support.

I'm surprised you still consider your purchases as some kind of support. The vita games all sell out. Since you've already sold all of your regular vita physical games off, isn't the only reason you are sticking around for the end of LRG's releases for the free game so you can just flip the rest of the collection to ebay? No harm in that, but kind of odd you'd spin it like some altruistic endeavor to support a system you've already purged mostly from your collection.
WOW, I don't know if I should feel flattered(or creeped out) that so many around here wonder or question why I do what I do with my time, money and life?

First off, 99.9% of the places I spend my funds probably don't need my money to stay in business, and what does that have to do with support? I never once said I "needed" to support LRG(or that they needed me to), I "choose" to support LRG, and why does that matter to you? By your own statement(highlighted above), you don't seem to care for LRG, or "supporting" them, so why are you here on the regular giving stats, complaining, or whatever else it is you do in this thread?

Most in these forums know my current feelings on "N", and when Links Awakening was offered, I bought it, as I love that Zelda formula. I played BotW and couldn't stand it, so I supported the game I want to see more of, and avoided the one I don't want to see more of. I'm pretty sure "N" doesn't need my money, but I'm still "supporting" what I like, why is that your concern or care? It seems to me you want to question why someone likes LRG, so you can show some false fandom or narrative of some kind on their part.

As for my Vita collection, it's more than likely I will sell it when I'm all done, the same way I've done with many of my collections since I began collecting(NES, SNES, VB, Lynx, Saturn, Vectrex, Neo Geo Pocket, Vita, 3DS, etc.). Collecting by definition is BUYING, SELLING & TRADING, so why would me selling my Vita collection after I collected it, be your concern(or my problem)? I've said from day one, I support physical, nothing more and nothing less, LRG offers physical games, so I'm supporting them. They pretty much single handily kept the Vita going(at least for me), so like I said in my original post, this was MY send off(not yours), and I'm happy to see it through in the way I want. Not because I need to, or because some troll said to, but because I WANT TO.

Collecting by definition is BUYING, SELLING & TRADING,
I don't care about your guys' spat, but as a person with a degree in writing I just have to say "collecting" is not defined by any of those things you mentioned. In certain definitions it's quite literally the opposite, in fact.

Ok, moving along.

My Vita Metal Slug 3 CE looks to be getting here tomorrow, just before I leave for the holidays, so that's a minor relief for me.

I don't care about your guys' spat, but as a person with a degree in writing I just have to say "collecting" is not defined by any of those things you mentioned. In certain definitions it's quite literally the opposite, in fact.
Well, I've been collecting my whole life, and no matter the medium, I've found that others have done the same, so that's what I found the definition to mean, but thanks for letting me know I was wrong. Would you care to explain in more details?

Well, thanks anyways, as I guess I'll stick with what I know, as in 30+ years of collecting, I guess I didn't learn anything new on the subject after all.

Was LRG supposed to be offering Panzer Dragoon for the Switch, as that would be cool, and maybe another NS buy for me down the road at some point.
Nothing official was announced about Panzer Dragoon for the Switch so I am hoping it gets a standard widespread retail release.

Nothing official was announced about Panzer Dragoon for the Switch so I am hoping it gets a standard widespread retail release.
Yeah, wasn't it due to have released by now(year end 2019 title)? I hope this title doesn't end up being one of those games lost in limbo for whatever reason for years at a time. As I haven't seen any new news since it was first talked about, and for me, the radio silence can only be viewed two ways. The game is almost ready to go, and out of the blue, we'll get an announcement, or its nowhere near ready, and the silence is because they have nothing new to show or say currently.

bread's done
Back