Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
For the record, I like Doug and thank him for coming here to answer questions.
I'm close enough to go to store events on occasion, and he's always been incredibly nice and friendly in person as well. If imagine that in spite of all of the issues with running the business, none of it is personal.

Anyone actually play Full Throttle or Day Of The Tentacle?  I ordered mine with some other items so I won't be getting them for a long, long time.  I am just curious how they compare to the original PC games.  I thought they were considered "remastered" but not exactly sure what that means.  I loved those old LucasArts games as a kid, so looking forward to playing them again (even if its with a controller).

If I'm Josh, I'd probably look to move my personal collection off company property at this point. There's a lot of unknowns, but with new corporate overlords, you just don't know when you'll get unceremoniously pushed out the door.
Yeah, that gets real dicey real quick, especially if they’re saying that collection is being used for reference in the business. Doubly so if he was storing it there before their sale to Embracer went through.

In what seems like a rarity due to some software glitches, I received both a shipping email for Jamestown+, and the game a few days later lol.

That being said, if Doug is out at LRG I wish him good health and happy travels.  Dude was part of launching a whole new market sector that had been untapped and while my orders might take a while to arrive, I have never had an issue with an item I have ordered in my 59 separate transactions with them (Yes I went into my account to count them all lol).

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm Josh, I'd probably look to move my personal collection off company property at this point. There's a lot of unknowns, but with new corporate overlords, you just don't know when you'll get unceremoniously pushed out the door.
And when you get pushed out the door many times you only have a limited time to pack your stuff up. There is no ‘let me come back with a truck to get all this.’ Sometimes they don’t even let you touch your computer to send a last goodbye email. But almost always there’s someone watching as you pack your stuff up. And once you leave you are not allowed back under any circumstances.

Anyone actually play Full Throttle or Day Of The Tentacle? I ordered mine with some other items so I won't be getting them for a long, long time. I am just curious how they compare to the original PC games. I thought they were considered "remastered" but not exactly sure what that means. I loved those old LucasArts games as a kid, so looking forward to playing them again (even if its with a controller).
I played all the lucasarts remastered games and had a blast doing so. I haven't played the pc versions in years though. I missed playing Grim Fandango when I was a kid, so the remastered ps4 version was my first experience with it. And it was great!

Anyone actually play Full Throttle or Day Of The Tentacle? I ordered mine with some other items so I won't be getting them for a long, long time. I am just curious how they compare to the original PC games. I thought they were considered "remastered" but not exactly sure what that means. I loved those old LucasArts games as a kid, so looking forward to playing them again (even if its with a controller).
I've played both on Xbox Gamepass. The graphics look like they've been vectorized and up-resd from the original art and look fine for the most part. They play pretty well with a controller too.

The original release of Day of the Tentacle got me to switch to PC gaming since Lucasarts wasn't going to release their games on Amiga any more and I still remember the opening animation pausing every few seconds while it buffered from the cd-rom.

Remember that reddit thread that was shared earlier here where someone got an absurd amount of SMRPG steelbook duplicates?  Well the guy got his replacement order and well  

https://www.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/comments/13m5ebe/you_thought_10_duplicate_blind_boxes_were_bad/

he got more SMRPG dupes despite the rep telling them it wasn't supposed to happen lmao  This + more people getting their orders without shipping emails and sent to the wrong place = quite a mess going on right now and I can't believe it's something you can shrug off as "smol indie company doin their best". Though I am very happy for them putting out the production status update in social media form! More of that please... 

Got a shipping confirmation for Castlevania Reqiuem Ultimate Edition (PS4) after 16 months from ordering it. No movement on it just yet though.

I know other orders have probably been worse with longer wait times. Only my second order with them but it will be my last for sure.

Yeah I tapped out after Gotta Protectors (this is a a sweet game and I'm glad to have it complete on cart), but it's too much for me. The prices are too high, wait times way too long, and by the time you get things your opinion on if you really, really wanted them may change. Also them releasing garbage like the The Three Stooges games (I love them a lot as performers, but the games are trash) just is enough. They may be one of the better of the making games that would be digital only company, but they're stretched way too thin IMHO.

Got a shipping confirmation for Castlevania Reqiuem Ultimate Edition (PS4) after 16 months from ordering it. No movement on it just yet though.

I know other orders have probably been worse with longer wait times. Only my second order with them but it will be my last for sure.
We're working on those shipping times gusy! :D/

Can't tell if the lack of shipping emails thing is fixed yet because I did get one email recently, but I also got other orders recently without emails.  Either way, its totally inexcusable for an ecommerce site like LRG to have this kind of issue go on for so long.  Also, I mentioned it before, but once it is fixed, everyone should be sent emails and notifications for everything that did ship during the outage, so we can accurately track these things and make sure we got everything that was sent.  For someone with a couple open orders with LRG its likely not that big of an issue, but for someone like me with over 30 open orders, its an issue.

I find it boggling that they are letting this lack of shipping emails thing go on for so long.  If the system in place isn’t working, you create a temporary workaround until it’s fixed.  They have to have some record of what they ship out.  Take that as a table and just send out simple emails that state the order # that shipped out.  

Well considering Doug was our only conduit to provide feedback around here, we’re probably SOL unless you pester their Twitter accounts

I got my last order from LRG recently - with no notice, no tracking number, and after a ridiculous wait time.

And when I say last order, I mean it is the last one I will ever place with LRG. If I'm ever interested in another title from this publisher, I'll buy from another in-stock retailer or an ebay reseller (yes, even that latter option is better IMHO).

With all that said, good luck to LRG - y'all are going to need it.

What are you talking about? They ARE working on shipping times.... for orders from Q1 2022. What more do you want, for them to not take 1+ year to ship things? Be reasonable, JEEZ.
Be careful!!! If you’re too mean myherogoku99 will tweet at you and call you a crybaby for daring to want QC to be fixed after all these years, and we can’t possibly have a company with access to huge licenses given feedback: they might do something besides throw it in the garbage bin for once!

I got my last order from LRG recently - with no notice, no tracking number, and after a ridiculous wait time.

And when I say last order, I mean it is the last one I will ever place with LRG. If I'm ever interested in another title from this publisher, I'll buy from another in-stock retailer or an ebay reseller (yes, even that latter option is better IMHO).

There's a Facebook group where two reliable dudes buy copies from the physical store and ship them out.

Why LRG doesn't do this themselves is yet another mystery, but there yah go.

Have used their services both. Would recommend. It's what I'm doing moving forward.

There's a Facebook group where two reliable dudes buy copies from the physical store and ship them out.

Interstate commerce is more complicated than "buy and sell things from one location" and the store is a separate legal entity. You'd think they have a good framework for it with their existing site and that they could just stand up another one, but maybe they want it to be more exclusive/boutique? I dunno. Glad that someone's helping folks out though.

Have used their services both. Would recommend. It's what I'm doing moving forward.
Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it.

Be careful!!! If you’re too mean myherogoku99 will tweet at you and call you a crybaby for daring to want QC to be fixed after all these years, and we can’t possibly have a company with access to huge licenses given feedback: they might do something besides throw it in the garbage bin for once!
Just out of curiosity, I see lots of people complaining about shipping times, but what would you consider reasonable shipping times, assuming they do not move to a product in hand model and continue doing 6 week open preorders?

What's up with LRG's tracking lately? The tracking numbers no longer appear directly in emails. You need to go to the site to get the tracking. And my last few shipments don't update, so I have no idea when they're going to show up. I got a package today I didn't expect because the tracking was stuck at processing.

What's up with LRG's tracking lately? The tracking numbers no longer appear directly in emails. You need to go to the site to get the tracking. And my last few shipments don't update, so I have no idea when they're going to show up. I got a package today I didn't expect because the tracking was stuck at processing.
I have no insight into LRG or anything, but I have had some problems with multiple shipping companies tracking info not updating. Seems like all the major shipping companies (USPS, DHL, UPS, etc) are having a problem with it. I have had a few ebay buyers contact me after a because the tracking info had not updated beyond "Label created, awaiting package scan" even though I had shipped out the item several days before.

This specific one isn't limited to LRG, but the entire shipping field in general.

Yeah, I got off that train a long time ago. I visit this thread to keep up with whats going on and see it has gotten even worse than when I had open orders way back when. I am occasionally buying LRG titles from ebay on titles I really want and don't mind the moderate markup to avoid dealing with this chaotic mess I keep reading about.

My last outstanding order with LRG is Shantae for the PS4 and that's eight months old. I'm not opposed to buying anything they touch but between VGP, eBay, and Amazon there's never really a need to buy from their site anymore. I think I've purchased some of their distro titles on Amazon since Shantae but it's hard to keep up with what they are/aren't involved with since they put out so much these days.

My last outstanding order with LRG is Shantae for the PS4 and that's eight months old. I'm not opposed to buying anything they touch but between VGP, eBay, and Amazon there's never really a need to buy from their site anymore. I think I've purchased some of their distro titles on Amazon since Shantae but it's hard to keep up with what they are/aren't involved with since they put out so much these days.
Same for me. The only outstanding order I have left is one with Shante, Carrion & River City Girls 2. The only other order I've placed since that was the New Year's leftovers. As much flak as we gave him, Doug presence on here was pretty much the only reassurance to continue with my custom with them. That & thanks to some life changes I have a lot less of disposable now adays towards my "hobby" in general, let alone to tie it up for eight plus months waiting for a that may or may not ever come.

Same for me. The only outstanding order I have left is one with Shante, Carrion & River City Girls 2. The only other order I've placed since that was the New Year's leftovers. As much flak as we gave him, Doug presence on here was pretty much the only reassurance to continue with my custom with them. That & thanks to some life changes I have a lot less of disposable now adays towards my "hobby" in general, let alone to tie it up for eight plus months waiting for a that may or may not ever come.
It was an attempt at something, even if there was a lot of corporate speak and obfuscation. It’s certainly more than we can expect going forward.

Just out of curiosity, I see lots of people complaining about shipping times, but what would you consider reasonable shipping times, assuming they do not move to a product in hand model and continue doing 6 week open preorders?
Honestly my problem is less the MOD aspect of open preorders and more the up in the air, no communication aspect. In the past when I did LRG stuff often I didn't get too upset if it was 2-5 months after standards closed. Seemed pretty reasonable imo. CEs being up to 8-9 months made sense too. But when stuff like Kotor's ultra CE or Axiom Verge's ultra CE, or Sam Max 2's standards take a year+ with no significant updates on what held them up, why they missed the deadline on the store page, etc etc... Yeah, that's very understandable to be cranky at. In my case with the Valis vinyl, I predicted it would be June 2023 or so before I got it, so my red flags won't start kicking off until it ends up being Q3 with not a single update.

Not to mention instances like Rendering Ranger R2's repro which just, closed preorders, got a TBA slapped on it, and not a word since. Makes it tough to even know what's going on

I kinda feel bad for Doug at this point. Co-founded the company and was there for eight years, but not a single acknowledgement on any of the LRG feeds (that I've found). No goodbye stream, not even a retweet of his statement. Guess they're really doubling down on the faceless corporate image.

The process of ordering, printing, and receiving from Sony and Nintendo takes about three months, with wait times extending during peak periods (i.e. when everyone's trying to print games leading into Christmas). With Switch games they have to assemble the cartridges and cases, with Sony everything comes pre-packaged. They aren't selling insane quantities of most games anymore, so there shouldn't be a volume bottleneck in shipping things as they're received (assuming they could dig out of the 400+ item backlog they currently have).

So all-in, I'd say 4-6 months is reasonable for standards. They've been able to execute on that timeline before (Scott Pilgrim, Streets of Rage) but it's very clear that marquee titles get preferential treatment and prioritized in their pipeline to entice new customers to become repeat buyers.

I kinda feel bad for Doug at this point. Co-founded the company and was there for eight years, but not a single acknowledgement on any of the LRG feeds (that I've found). No goodbye stream, not even a retweet of his statement. Guess they're really doubling down on the faceless corporate image.

The process of ordering, printing, and receiving from Sony and Nintendo takes about three months, with wait times extending during peak periods (i.e. when everyone's trying to print games leading into Christmas). With Switch games they have to assemble the cartridges and cases, with Sony everything comes pre-packaged. They aren't selling insane quantities of most games anymore, so there shouldn't be a volume bottleneck in shipping things as they're received (assuming they could dig out of the 400+ item backlog they currently have).

So all-in, I'd say 4-6 months is reasonable for standards. They've been able to execute on that timeline before (Scott Pilgrim, Streets of Rage) but it's very clear that marquee titles get preferential treatment and prioritized in their pipeline to entice new customers to become repeat buyers.
I guess "shipping times" needs clarification then. Is it shipping from the production facility (or even when ordering windows close), or shipping once it's in LRG's warehouse? For the former, I'd agree, mostly. For the latter, more like a week. Two tops. I think for most people it's how long shipping times take once the item(s) is on hand in the warehouse and ready to go.

There's many reasons why LRG wouldn't announce a C-suite person leaving, and not all are bad.

First, they're corporate now and Embracer has shareholders to think about; they may not want to announce it in consumer channels.

Second, if it was an amicable separation, Doug seems like the kinda person to low-key exit and only announce to his curated followers on Twitter. He seems very adverse to any criticism, therefore not making a big show of it would ensure there wouldn't be old wounds poked at by the Gamers™.

Third, if we it was less than amicable, it's not good business to announce a firing and I believe there's legal restrictions in employers commenting pending on federal and state laws.

I would think it was the second, followed with the first.

We won't know unless Doug comments. And he has no reason to as he's probably got his severance and is living well with his cat.

Decided to take a look at my shipping and noticed they are shipping via DHL. Just freaking great. Shipping via the worst shipping company I’ve ever experienced.

I wonder how long it is going to take . . . 2 weeks? 2 whole weeks to ship it to me? It must be super far away . . . it is 2 towns over. About an hour drive away and it takes 2 weeks? I HATE DHL.

I guess "shipping times" needs clarification then. Is it shipping from the production facility (or even when ordering windows close), or shipping once it's in LRG's warehouse? For the former, I'd agree, mostly. For the latter, more like a week. Two tops. I think for most people it's how long shipping times take once the item(s) is on hand in the warehouse and ready to go.
Ideally that would be all-inclusive. As in, from the end of pre-orders to the game being in a customer's mailbox:

• Shipping from Sony/Nintendo to LRG: ~3 months
  • Packaging, shipping from LRG to consumer: 1-3 months
One of the things that's been a problem in the past (and continues to be a problem) is that they don't actually place the order and begin the production process when pre-orders end. They might still be chasing approvals, waiting for porting, or something else on the back-end. They confirmed that was happening with Shantae on PS4/PS5, and Doug said in this thread it was something they planned to stop doing. But with him out, I have a feeling it'll just be business as normal and the practice will continue.

Decided to take a look at my shipping and noticed they are shipping via DHL. Just freaking great. Shipping via the worst shipping company I’ve ever experienced.

I wonder how long it is going to take . . . 2 weeks? 2 whole weeks to ship it to me? It must be super far away . . . it is 2 towns over. About an hour drive away and it takes 2 weeks? I HATE DHL.
Shipping notices mean that the shipping label is printed, not that DHL has the game in-hand. If the label isn't moving it's probably just waiting to be packaged or sitting on their shipping dock. They also use the service where DHL hands the package off to USPS for last-mile delivery, but it's been that way for a few years (since 2020 or 2021, I think). Before that they used UPS's equivalent, which wasn't much better. When they started they used USPS First Class, and not that that's a paragon of quality, but it was leagues ahead of what we get now.

Ideally that would be all-inclusive. As in, from the end of pre-orders to the game being in a customer's mailbox:

• Shipping from Sony/Nintendo to LRG: ~3 months
  • Packaging, shipping from LRG to consumer: 1-3 months
One of the things that's been a problem in the past (and continues to be a problem) is that they don't actually place the order and begin the production process when pre-orders end. They might still be chasing approvals, waiting for porting, or something else on the back-end. They confirmed that was happening with Shantae on PS4/PS5, and Doug said in this thread it was something they planned to stop doing. But with him out, I have a feeling it'll just be business as normal and the practice will continue.

Shipping notices mean that the shipping label is printed, not that DHL has the game in-hand. If the label isn't moving it's probably just waiting to be packaged or sitting on their shipping dock. They also use the service where DHL hands the package off to USPS for last-mile delivery, but it's been that way for a few years (since 2020 or 2021, I think). Before that they used UPS's equivalent, which wasn't much better. When they started they used USPS First Class, and not that that's a paragon of quality, but it was leagues ahead of what we get now.
From a general consumers' standpoint, I'd agree. But, speaking for myself being involved in production and shipping of a product, I tend to look at it as a production stage and then a shipping stage. But I think when people complain, many are complaining about how items are listed as complete and/or in the LRG warehouse, and it still takes weeks for months to ship.

But you're right. LRG doesn't always get orders in right away after an ordering window closes, and they need to plan better to do that better.

Shipping notices mean that the shipping label is printed, not that DHL has the game in-hand.
I know how shipping notices work. This is why I hate DHL. It was received, processed, and “departed” their facility 4 days ago. It is an hour away. It has been 4 days and the delivery estimate is still 10 days away. No further update. So is it sitting in a truck? Did they chuck it in a warehouse? Did they hand it to another delivery service? No idea. No update. No anything. And 10 days to go on delivery. No excuses.

I had a similar problem when I ordered my Elden Ring CE from GameStop. They shipped it via DHL. DHL decided to mark it as delivered and not actually deliver it. Had to get in touch with support who ended up checking the delivery and was “baffled” by what he saw. It was marked as delivered in the middle of an intersection on the other side of my town several days prior with no updates to the tracking. Just a “we have it” mark and then a “it’s delivered” mark.

Guy I spoke to said he would try to contact the driver but that DHL might just have to mark it as “lost”. Several days later I ran into an unhappy DHL driver bringing me my package as I was leaving my place. Say what you will but I know that driver tried to steal my package. Not looking forward to doing this with a bigger and even more expensive package that I have been waiting almost 2 years for.

I know I may not have the exact same experience, and maybe things will be totally fine, but the tracking timeframe is pretty wack tbh.

Supply chain management is a part of manufacturing and production; to include delivery.

It seems like LRG has a kinda sloppy history of dealing with product once it leaves their hands.

They likely have so many issues on getting the product and then packaging and pushing it out the door that they have little capability to focus on the last mile portion.

The fact they tack on third party shipping insurance automatically now suggests the depth of their attempt to fix it. Make it the customers problem; pay or pray, your choice.

I pay for it because a buck or two for some CYA beyond my credit card protection is nice. But I'm going fully to the "gray market" of just paying a dude in North Carolina to send me my stuff as it hits the store shelf. Which turns out, is faster than some people get their games!

bread's done
Back