Keeping the slim ps2 cool

sails

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just bought a new slim Ps2 2 or 3 months ago and lately its been around 90 degrees + in so cal. Today I was playing Disgaea and out of nowhere my ps2 reset twice without me touching the reset button on the ps2 at all.

What can I do to keep the slim ps2 from auto-resetting kus its so hot?

[quote name='sails']I just bought a new slim Ps2 2 or 3 months ago and lately its been around 90 degrees + in so cal. Today I was playing Disgaea and out of nowhere my ps2 reset twice without me touching the reset button on the ps2 at all.

What can I do to keep the slim ps2 from auto-resetting kus its so hot?[/quote]

Leave it in the fridge. I know what you're going through. I'm nekid as I type this message. It's so hot.

[quote name='eau']I suppose a laptop/notebook cooling pad would do the trick, if it was too hot.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea... except most laptop coolers use USB power. I wonder if it'd work with the PS2.:whistle2:k

I'll test mine right now! Be back in a few minutes!:D

EDIT Well... the cooler runs fine but whether it'll work or not is another matter.

First, my cooler is made of aluminum so it naturally absorbs heat, heat always transfers from a hotter source to a colder source. Unless the PStwo runs hotter than 90F, the cooler will absorb the heat from the environment and transfer it to your PStwo (but if the PStwo does hit 90F+ then it'll help:p).:hot:

Second, the system wasn't meant to air underneath it like laptops are. So, it sits almost flow against the cooler so the fans can't get air around it but they do cool the underside which is where the main board is.:cold:

Third, the USB cord on my cooler was too short so the PStwo had to sit sideways.:whistle2:?

So, it might help... might not.

I'd just face a small fan towards it and leave it on.

I'm not sure if this will work or not. But, I had an old Sega Saturn that use to overheat, it would run for about 15 minutes fine, and then it would stop reading the games. I got a small desk fan (those things that run about $10 from the drug store) and just let it run on it. My Saturn, with the fan, would work for about an hour before the same thing would happen.

So, I hope this helps

try playing a snowboarding game, or 'The Thing', your PS2 should develop a nice layer of cooling frost over its surface in no time. ;)

images
images
images

bread's done
Back