*OFFICIAL Wii Sports Leaderboard

Just hit a -7 in golf, finally.

Not a round worth mentioning, though. Anyone else notice the 9th hole always turns into a nightmare with high 20mph winds blowing strange directions?

Threw a 226 in bowling, which is like...awesome for me. How you guys can throw 10 strikes in a row, let alone 12 is beyond me. None of mine even came close to looking the same.

Just got a -6 in golf.

Bogeyed #4 after getting an eagle on 3.

Before this round, the 9th hole had always been insanely windy. This time? 0 wind. Able to send my 2nd shot at the green and was able to chip up close for the bird to finish the round.

Got a 288 in bowling.

Still can't beat -7 golf, although last round I was robbed of an eagle on 5 when my chip-in hit the pole and stopped, resting 0.5 feet from the hole. I also made a bad putt on 7 and missed a birdie, finishing -7 again. I'm getting closer...

Finally beat my golf score. I managed a -8, even though I missed makeable putts on 7, 8 and 9.

I noticed than when I score -6 now my player ranking goes up like 2 points. Even scoring -8 only made it go up 30 points. Sucks.

[quote name='Tekkaboy']Finally beat my golf score. I managed a -8, even though I missed makeable putts on 7, 8 and 9.

I noticed than when I score -6 now my player ranking goes up like 2 points. Even scoring -8 only made it go up 30 points. Sucks.[/quote]

Hahahaha, looks like how I started my stellar round. Good for you that you didn't implode like I did. :)

I like how you had a hole in one on the 4th hole, but you're upset for not making putts on 7, 8, and 9. I think the Hole in One might be the thing you mention on that scorecard.

golf.jpg

grr... stupid lipouts on 7 and 9
also new high of 255 in bowling

Platinums

I thought training scores stopped at gold medals, but I just got a 10 5666 feet in home run derby and got a platinum medal. Anyone else gotten any? and what were your scores?

Hey TomCloud9, I want to apologize for seeming down on your first 300. I didn't mean to sully the accomplishment, but I've honestly been looking forward to seeing the image you posted tonight. I guess it seemed like the "Holy Grail" of this game. I am amazed that you could duplicate such a feat though. Awesome job!

On a side note, I played through a few games and bested my own score. I got a 266. If you look at my line, you'll see it definitely should have been higher. I caught a bad break in the 10th frame and basically had a 7-10 split that I couldn't pick up. Oh well, I'll keep trying. It'll be interesting when 20th place is like 280, and one pin means all the difference in the world.

Damn, bump to stay on page 1 again. Ok, now I'm requesting it, Lord Cheapy and the powers that be, can I get a sticky sticky? I feel this thread has been a valid contribution to the boards. Show some love. Thanks.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn, bump to stay on page 1 again. Ok, now I'm requesting it, Lord Cheapy and the powers that be, can I get a sticky sticky? I feel this thread has been a valid contribution to the boards. Show some love. Thanks.[/quote]

I 2nd that, i prob only play the golf game because of this thread, sad i know... really annoying not to be able to control spin on the ball, cant wait for a good golf game (hopefully tiger woods).

gaaa, -7 in golf, went into last hole at -8 but got screwed by being an inch out of bounds on the shortcut to the left and got a bogey, wow

I pulled a -7 out of my butt today in golf.

My previous best was a -2. I was -7 going into the eight hole, and bogeyed. :( Drove it over the green, then chipped way too hard back over the green again. Came up short on the next chip, and then made a 20 footer for bogey. Yuck. Came close to chipping in for eagle on 9, but settled for a birdie.

Do your Miis get better the more they play or do you just improve through practice? When I first started playing HR Derby I couldn't hit ANY out of the park - they would all land in the outfield and it just seemed like javeryh only had warning track power. After playing for a while I started hitting on, then two, etc. and now I can get 7 or 8 very easily (8 is my best) like even when I think my timing is off on a swing or something. Am I getting better or is it my Mii - it seems like my Mii is the one improving...

[quote name='javeryh']Do your Miis get better the more they play or do you just improve through practice? When I first started playing HR Derby I couldn't hit ANY out of the park - they would all land in the outfield and it just seemed like javeryh only had warning track power. After playing for a while I started hitting on, then two, etc. and now I can get 7 or 8 very easily (8 is my best) like even when I think my timing is off on a swing or something. Am I getting better or is it my Mii - it seems like my Mii is the one improving...[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's the case. I took my Wii to work and one co-worker was owning in HR Derby and my other co-worker couldn't hit anything. Both where playing with my Mii.

When I use my Mii I can only hit maybe 5 or 6 HR.

I had to go make some eggs, I was scrambling so much on the front 9 today.

Bogey, Birdie, birdie to finish out my round. I haven't come anywhere close to my -6 since I got it. I do have the picture of it to prove it though. hehe

Just got 300 in bowling (don't have a camera on me), I was one of those guys who well try to bowl like they would in real life, then I just found the sweet spot of the game. What I mean is there is a little technique that I found out and well I got most of the time strikes or 8-9 pin spares. If you want my little method, just PM me or I will post it here if we got enough intrest.

I havent played Wii Sports in a while..and probably wont be playing that much since I'm busy with Trauma Center and Zelda.

Played golf today and got -5 ... any of you great Wii Golfers gonna get Super Swing Golf?? Just released today btw..

IMG_7137.jpg

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just got 300 in bowling (don't have a camera on me), I was one of those guys who well try to bowl like they would in real life, then I just found the sweet spot of the game. What I mean is there is a little technique that I found out and well I got most of the time strikes or 8-9 pin spares. If you want my little method, just PM me or I will post it here if we got enough intrest.[/quote]

Sorry Sir-Fragalot, your post confused me. What do you mean about getting 8 or 9 pin spares? Using your newly discovered "technique"?

[quote name='KingDox']I don't think that's the case. I took my Wii to work and one co-worker was owning in HR Derby and my other co-worker couldn't hit anything. Both where playing with my Mii.

When I use my Mii I can only hit maybe 5 or 6 HR.[/quote]

That's good - I think you are right. Last night I was sucking big time and couldn't even crack 5 HRs until I had a breakout game:

9HRs - 4799 ft.

I was 9 for 9 and then I choked on the last one!

There's no sweeter thing in this game than hearing "It's out of the park!!"

[quote name='FlipSide']any of you great Wii Golfers gonna get Super Swing Golf?? Just released today btw..
[/QUOTE]

I might pick it up today... I really want to hear some feedback from people first though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, they don't have scores in the sense of comparing overall skill. The points you earn for each game are more a measure of how many times you play, not neccessarily how good you are.[/quote]

For Boxing, and probably for the other sports, that's not really true. Once you get pretty high it becomes more and more stingy with points. One time I won a boxing match and actually *lost* 40 points!

[quote name='psunami']I might pick it up today... I really want to hear some feedback from people first though.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing - I'm really getting into Wii Sports golf now and want something more.

My gf got a 232...my high is a 182...bleh I like beating her in tennis and baseball better. :)

UPDATED: My new high is 214 :) Getting better...

Just a thought. For as simplistic as Wii Baseball is, (though i have spent an ungodly amount of time playing it, even if it is simplistic), when you get up to Pro level it TRULY gives a great representation of a fastball compared to any sort of offspeed pitch. It is probably the best representation of it I have seen in a video game yet. Obviously it helps when you are truly acting like a hitter and doing that motion but I am thoroughly impressed with it. It all points to great things for baseball games on the Wii. Here's to hoping they don't screw them up.

Is there any place to keep track of the high scores for the training exercises?

I got a score of 602pts and a Gold Medal in the bowling training that has all of those pins and then they keep adding more and more.

bread's done
Back