Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Looks like Sony caved. Now let's see if they stick to it.

They caved because they were facing either thousands of refunds both from inaccessible countries and angry PC gamers, or class-action lawsuits if they didn't issue refunds to those affected. The level of incompetence or arrogance at Sony is mind-blowing. Even the mouthpiece CM for Helldivers shit the bed with straight diarrhea of the mouth (should be fired). The cherry on top is I'm sure these idiots thought they would trojan horse PSN into Steam and then require PS+ to play their games online.

It also exposes just how worthless PS+ is outside of their console vs Game Pass.

Thinking of grabbing a trackball. Anyone have experience?

I use this one and it gets the job done for me but I am still looking for a more rectangular shaped one with a central ball like the one I used to have in the 90s. I haven't been able to find something similar to it unfortunately. It was awesome because I could hold it in both hands and use both thumbs to manipulate the big ball while the other fingers handled the mouse clicks. It allowed me to kick back in a computer chair and relax while playing the great RTS games of the 90s.

I use this one and it gets the job done for me but I am still looking for a more rectangular shaped one with a central ball like the one I used to have in the 90s. I haven't been able to find something similar to it unfortunately. It was awesome because I could hold it in both hands and use both thumbs to manipulate the big ball while the other fingers handled the mouse clicks. It allowed me to kick back in a computer chair and relax while playing the great RTS games of the 90s.
I've used this one before. I quite liked it. Definite recommend from me if you're trying to save money vs Logitech. But Logitech's customer service is amazing. They have replaced mice for me before that were out of warranty, with no proof of purchase. I'm not saying they'll do that ALWAYS but knowing that they have done that for me makes it easier to justify the added premium.

I don’t know what sort of rectangular you’re looking for, but Kensington has some squarish/rectangular models like the Expert and the Slimblade. They’re definitely on the pricier side, though.

I don’t know what sort of rectangular you’re looking for, but Kensington has some squarish/rectangular models like the Expert and the Slimblade. They’re definitely on the pricier side, though.

After doing some more research it looks like they did come out with a new SlimBlade pro last fall. I believe this is exactly what I have been looking for as it is wireless and rechargeable (no need to replace batteries every so often) and looks to be thin/light. I took the plunge and will test it out. I think I can justify the cost based on how much I use my laptop in a Laz-E-Boy (no space to move a normal mouse unless I use a lapboard).

X-keys makes some nice large central ball trackballs.

These also look good but seem to be much more expensive than the Kensington trackball mice. The SlimBlade Pro is cheaper and wireless. Thanks for the recommendation though as I had never even heard of this brand/website before.

:(

Studio Closures at Microsoft - Arkane Austin, Tango, info on Redfall, and more:

This one hurts bad, man - a lot of studio closures, reorgnization & cuts at Zenimax-Bethesda owned studios.

Sources:
-> https://www.ign.com/articles/micros...orks-and-more-in-devastating-cuts-at-bethesda
-> https://kotaku.com/redfall-offline-mode-canceled-arkane-austin-xbox-pc-1851462296
-> https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2...e-a-big-offline-play-update-this-month-before

Notes:
- Roundhouse (formerly Human Head, that made OG Prey & had Prey 2 cancelled by Bethesda/Zenimax) is being absorbed.
- Roundhouse's being absorbed into Zenimax Online Studios (Elder Scrolls Online dev's).
- Tango GameWorks (makers of Evil Within 1 and 2 & Hi-Fi Rush) is now closed.
- Alpha Dog Studios (mobile game studio) is closing & their game Mighty Doom will be sunset on August 7th.
- Arkane Austin is now closed sadly, even though Arkane Lyon will stay alive (Deathloop, Dishonored series, Prey 2017, etc).
- Redfall's DLC's have been cancelled.
- Arkane was working on an offline mode for Redfall, which would've came out in May (this month)!
- Arkane was working on a Hero DLC with 2 new characters, which was planned for this October (2024).
- Those that bought the Higher End "Bite-Back Edition" of Redfall can get the rest of their $ back (the difference b/t Standard Edition & the Bite-Back Edition w/ the DLC's).
- Redfall will stay online (for now) & will receive no more updates.

Last Update = 5-8-2024.

Last edited:

These also look good but seem to be much more expensive than the Kensington trackball mice. The SlimBlade Pro is cheaper and wireless. Thanks for the recommendation though as I had never even heard of this brand/website before.

If you’re looking for something handheld, I know Elecom makes some trackballs in a form factor sort of like a Wii nunchuk, with a trackball where the analog stick would be. I could see that being pretty comfy for general TV computing and media center stuff, though I doubt I’d want to use it as a daily driver.

Legendary Sale on UbiSoft Connect:
-> https://store.ubisoft.com/us/home/?lang=en_US

Legendary Promo -> $10 off coupon when you spend over $19.99+ on a game w/ Promo code = LEGEND24.

Highlights - prices after $10 coupon (and before tax):

AC Valhalla Complete (AC Valhalla & All DLC's and expansions) = $18.
AC Mirage -> Standard = $14.99 // Deluxe = $19.99
Skull & Bones [AAAA game] {always online game} = $19.99
Far Cry 6 Gold Edition (FC6 Base Game & Villains Season Pass only) = $16
Far Cry 6 GOTY Edition (with also FC6 Gold Edition & also Lost Between Worlds Expansion & Ultimate Pack) = $26
Far Cry 6 GOTY Upgrade (for FC6 base-game owners only - this adds Villains Season Pass & LBW expansion) = $14
Prince of Persia: Lost Crown = $19.99.

See any deals I missed? Let me know, I'll add 'em.

Last edited:
Legendary Sale on UbiSoft Connect:
-> https://store.ubisoft.com/us/home/?lang=en_US

Legendary Promo -> $10 off coupon when you spend over $19.99+ on a game w/ Promo code = LEGEND24.

Highlights - prices after $10 coupon (and before tax):

AC Valhalla Complete (AC Valhalla & All DLC's and expansions) = $18.
AC Mirage -> Standard = $14.99 // Deluxe = $19.99
Skull & Bones [AAAA game] {always online game} = $19.99
Far Cry 6 Gold Edition (FC6 Base Game & Villains Season Pass only) = $16
Far Cry 6 GOTY Edition (with also FC6 Gold Edition & also Lost Between Worlds Expansion & Ultimate Pack) = $26
Far Cry 6 GOTY Upgrade (for FC6 base-game owners only - this adds Villains Season Pass & LBW expansion) = $14

See any deals I missed? Let me know, I'll add 'em.
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is $19.99 after promo code

bread's done
Back