Tony Scott RIP

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I wonder if he was going through some pretty rough problems.[/QUOTE]

I dont mean to be an ass, but I am sure he wasnt having the time of his life and decided to do that.

Always sad to hear someone was low enough to take their own life.

Did he jump off of that famous bridge? The one that so many people jump off of they made a documentary out of it?

[quote name='GUNNM']Did he jump off of that famous bridge? The one that so many people jump off of they made a documentary out of it?[/QUOTE]

..the Golden Gate bridge? No.

Long Beach is like 300 miles from San Fransisco.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Reports say he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.

Can't say I blame him. I'm not going to waste away in a hospital bed if I can control it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If I knew had something untreatable that was going to cause pain or suffering then I would end it also. Not sure jumping from a bridge is the way I would go though.

Crimson Tide
Man on Fire
Deja Vu
The Taking of Pelham 123
Unstoppable

And these are just the ones he did with Denzel Washington. Sad news, I've enjoyed most of his work.

[quote name='Scorch']..the Golden Gate bridge? No.

Long Beach is like 300 miles from San Fransisco.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok thanks.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Agreed. If I knew had something untreatable that was going to cause pain or suffering then I would end it also. Not sure jumping from a bridge is the way I would go though.[/QUOTE]
I know I sure as shit wouldn't have the balls to take a flying leap from a bridge, even if I was diagnosed with something inoperable/incurable. There's always that slim chance that you just land right enough to cripple the shit outta yourself without dying. Then you're in a vegetative state for the rest of your miserable life. Hell no.

Five words: Helium and a plastic bag.

Also, RIP Phyllis Diller. Dead at 95.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/20/showbiz/phyllis-diller-obit/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Reports say he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.
crazy.jpg

crazy.jpg

He jumped off of the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro, California. All of the reports of it being a tumor have been reported as being false. It's still unclear as to why he committed suicide, but it wasn't due to a brain tumor. He left a suicide note in his office, but details of what that note contains have not been released.

This is definitely surprising, because about a week - week 1/2 ago I got a package in the mail that was promotion material for that A&E movie that is coming out soon. Also, it included the A&E movie. Either way, both Tony and Ridley Scott executive produced it.

bread's done
Back