Official EBgames Thanksgiving/Black Friday Deals Thread - Its go time!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Looks like you can only the games on the list are valid. I tried ordering Kingdom Hearts (a greatest hit that isn't on the list) with Jak II, and it wouldn't let me. Sucks.

Qty Product Name Each Total
1 The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - GC $19.99 $19.99
Usually Ships Within 24 Hours
1 The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures Nintendo PlayGuide - HB $7.99 $7.99
1 Nicktoons Movin' (EyeToy) - PS2 $19.99 $19.99
1 Katamari Damacy - PS2 $19.99 $19.99
Discount -$16.58
EB Saver Shipping $1.99
Tax $3.58
Total $56.95

used the 2for25 and the hb20 (for strategy guide)

[quote name='Bleh']Looks like you can only the games on the list are valid. I tried ordering Kingdom Hearts (a greatest hit that isn't on the list) with Jak II, and it wouldn't let me. Sucks.[/quote]

Weird. I got Metroid Prime which was on the list and Zelda Windwaker which wasn't on the list for $25 plus tax and shipping. They charge too much on the sales tax...grrrr...

[quote name='trustcompany1013']one set per order...meaning extra shipping...bastards[/quote]

I'm calling customer service and seeing if they can combine my 2 orders and save me some shipping...

[quote name='guyver2077']WTF MAN....

now im trying mario golf and project gotham 2 and its giving me the same shit....

damn you eb[/quote]

Those games aren't even on the list....

Go to the Thanksgiving Special link on the main page, pick the first page it shows at the 2 for 25 deal and you will get the pop up window with the 2FOR25 code. IT HAS A LINK TO THE GAMES ALLOWED, each word "player's choice" "greatest hits" etc, I'm going to guess those are the only games they will allow for that coupon code...

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='trustcompany1013']one set per order...meaning extra shipping...bastards[/quote]

I'm calling customer service and seeing if they can combine my 2 orders and save me some shipping...[/quote]

Let us know how that works out. I think they have it set up so they can get more shipping out of you at least. I had to make 3 orders because it wouldn't let me combine any of the sale add stuff on one order. Still better than fighting the crowd at the mall!

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='guyver2077']WTF MAN....

now im trying mario golf and project gotham 2 and its giving me the same shit....

damn you eb[/quote]

Those games aren't even on the list....[/quote]

in the ad itself it says "ALL" pc,gh,ph etc......

so they should honor it....they wouldnt let me do smash anf gold in store so i thought id just go home and do it online,

copied

2 for $25
Includes all Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits, Player's Choice, GBA Videos and more!
Regularly $19.99 each

[quote name='MCyorT']Go to the Thanksgiving Special link on the main page, pick the first page it shows at the 2 for 25 deal and you will get the pop up window with the 2FOR25 code. IT HAS A LINK TO THE GAMES ALLOWED, each word "player's choice" "greatest hits" etc, I'm going to guess those are the only games they will allow for that coupon code...[/quote]

Just spoke to someone on the phone who said they're having some issues with the coupon working, and they're getting it fixed as we speak. 20-30 minutes and it should be fixed.

[quote name='guyver2077']

in the ad itself it says "ALL" pc,gh,ph etc......

so they should honor it....they wouldnt let me do smash anf gold in store so i thought id just go home and do it online,[/quote]

Last year when Animal Crossing and Smash Bros were $30 they let me do the 2 for $25 in store.

(I just ordered Final Fantasy X-2 and Midway Arcade Treasures 2.)

[quote name='Maggie'][quote name='Bleh']Looks like you can only the games on the list are valid. I tried ordering Kingdom Hearts (a greatest hit that isn't on the list) with Jak II, and it wouldn't let me. Sucks.[/quote]

Weird. I got Metroid Prime which was on the list and Zelda Windwaker which wasn't on the list for $25 plus tax and shipping. They charge too much on the sales tax...grrrr...[/quote]

I don't know then. I'll try again just in case. They changed the PS2 list, it has less games now. I missed out on Sly Cooper too, even though when I first input the code with the game in my cart it was accepted. It wasn't until I went to checkout that I got the "must be $39.98" message and Sly Cooper was gone. :(

Was able to place 3 orders, some of the games weren't on the list. It cut me off after 3 orders, saying I'd hit the maximum for the code (can't really complain, though).

GC-Zelda Wind Waker
GC-Animal Crossing

XBX-Midway Arcade Treasures 2
PC-Colin McRae 05

GC-Super Monkey Ball 2
GC-Mario Golf

Had I known the cutoff was 3 orders, I would have thought a little more about what I wanted, since I had these others on the list:
PS2-Tony Hawk Underground
XBX-Crimson Skies
GC-Metroid Prime
GC-Sonic Mega Collection (would have tried the XBX version first, though).

[quote name='Drakken']Darn it. I used the 2FOR25 once, and it says I've used it the maximum amount of allowable times. That's upsetting. :x[/quote]

that's odd... i used it twice in 3 minutes with no problem. give it another try...

[quote name='"Drakken"']Darn it. I used the 2FOR25 once, and it says I've used it the maximum amount of allowable times. That's upsetting. :x[/quote]

Doing that to me too. And I've only placed one order.

Tried to order Tony Hawk 4 and Conflict Desert Storm, both of which show in PH packaging on their website. Didn't work, saying I didn't have $39.98 in the right category.

When I tried to order Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X-2, it said the same thing. Did it over the phone, and the guy overrode it without any problem.

Melee isn't going to be on the list, you just copied it yourself, it says all PC, GH, PH, etc...
REGULARLY 19.99!

what's Melee going for? it only meets one of the criteria, not both (which I decry since it's supposedly the best selling game on the GC, it's almost as bad as how MS didn't even drop the price of halo until almost halo 2! gah!)

29.99 is the PC price of Melee, so it wouldn't fit in that deal

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Drakken']Darn it. I used the 2FOR25 once, and it says I've used it the maximum amount of allowable times. That's upsetting. :x[/quote]

that's odd... i used it twice in 3 minutes with no problem. give it another try...[/quote]

Nope, still not working. :(

I was hoping I'd be able to get College Hoops 2k5 in the 2 for 25 deal with Katamari Damancy, but it didn't work, so i settled for 007 Everything or Nothing.
So I got:
Katamari Damancy
007 Everything or Nothing
Doom 3
for $50.13

So should I wait up and see if the other GH, PC, PH, etc. games become validified, or just order based on the list that's linked to?

[quote name='Bann']I was hoping I'd be able to get College Hoops 2k5 in the 2 for 25 deal with Katamari Damancy, but it didn't work, so i settled for 007 Everything or Nothing.
So I got:
Katamari Damancy
007 Everything or Nothing
Doom 3
for $50.13[/quote]

crap 007...thats one of the games i wanted...let me try again with that.

funny wont let me do it with 007 and pgr2 but will work with mario golf and 007

[quote name='m1lesteg']So should I wait up and see if the other GH, PC, PH, etc. games become validified, or just order based on the list that's linked to?[/quote]

I wouldn't wait - the games are disappearing from the list from being sold out...

Just picked up Katamari Damacy + FFX-2 in-store for $25.

As a side-note, though, it looks like the 75% off PC games isn't combinable with the "B2G1".

guyver, if there are ANY other two games you want and you're only doing it online, I strongly suggest you do it now because games are dropping from the acceptable list VERY quickly, I've seen the games I was thinking about getting change position twice in the last 15 minutes, although I decided I'm not going to get them...

I think the ONLY way you're going to get melee in on this deal is if you have at least one local EB, and you take that ad in to them and just keep pointing at the part that says ANY GH/PC/PH title, and hope it gets added in by a manager or something too scared to contest what a customer shows is in an advertisment. I'm sure the regularly 19.99 was indeed added into that statement intentionally, and if you see, it certainly fits with what you're able and not able to do.

Anyway, I would have ordered that if it was on the list, too, I've been officially against paying anything but 20 dollars for it brand new because it seems Nintendo is trying to rip people on that game (or squeeze it for dear life)...

[quote name='trunks982']damn sly cooper gone[/quote]

Heh, I just got up and ordered, should have known Sly would be gone by now. I tried to order last night at midnight and later a few times but it was a no go. Oh well, got Katamari Damacy and Jak and Daxter 1.

Looks like a lot of us are buying Katamari Damacy!

[quote name='MCyorT']guyver, if there are ANY other two games you want and you're only doing it online, I strongly suggest you do it now because games are dropping from the acceptable list VERY quickly, I've seen the games I was thinking about getting change position twice in the last 15 minutes, although I decided I'm not going to get them...

I think the ONLY way you're going to get melee in on this deal is if you have at least one local EB, and you take that ad in to them and just keep pointing at the part that says ANY GH/PC/PH title, and hope it gets added in by a manager or something too scared to contest what a customer shows is in an advertisment. I'm sure the regularly 19.99 was indeed added into that statement intentionally, and if you see, it certainly fits with what you're able and not able to do.

Anyway, I would have ordered that if it was on the list, too, I've been officially against paying anything but 20 dollars for it brand new because it seems Nintendo is trying to rip people on that game (or squeeze it for dear life)...[/quote]

thanks...yea i did try that about an hour ago at eb but the manager said it wouldnt wor
k..it was the only decent pc title that came to mind that i didnt have...i should of waited to order mario sunshine till today instead of ordering it last week from amazon

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='MCyorT']guyver, if there are ANY other two games you want and you're only doing it online, I strongly suggest you do it now because games are dropping from the acceptable list VERY quickly, I've seen the games I was thinking about getting change position twice in the last 15 minutes, although I decided I'm not going to get them...

I think the ONLY way you're going to get melee in on this deal is if you have at least one local EB, and you take that ad in to them and just keep pointing at the part that says ANY GH/PC/PH title, and hope it gets added in by a manager or something too scared to contest what a customer shows is in an advertisment. I'm sure the regularly 19.99 was indeed added into that statement intentionally, and if you see, it certainly fits with what you're able and not able to do. how come its not giving me an option for store pickup

Anyway, I would have ordered that if it was on the list, too, I've been officially against paying anything but 20 dollars for it brand new because it seems Nintendo is trying to rip people on that game (or squeeze it for dear life)...[/quote]

thanks...yea i did try that about an hour ago at eb but the manager said it wouldnt wor
k..it was the only decent pc title that came to mind that i didnt have...i should of waited to order mario sunshine till today instead of ordering it last week from amazon[/quote]

Just bought Katamari Damacy and viewtiful joe for $29.12 thats with tax and shipping. Technically 15 bucks each, aint bad considering tax is already accounted for.

Call of Duty
Doom 3
Madden 05
$ 55 Something

And yesterday I got Far Cry from Best Buy.com

I'm pretty happy with Black Friday lots of good PC games.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Right now i'm waiting for madden 2005 to change to 19.99 so i can buy it for a present for my brother.[/quote]

its allready 19.99 just add it to your cart

Ordered the following.

2for25 code
Medal of Honor PC
Knights Of Old republic PC

Doom 3 $19.99
F-Zero $9.99
Call Of Duty PC $9.99
Spider man 2 GC $19.99

bread's done
Back